Colonoscopy

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
Had one yesterday. Was concerned but everything came out better than expected. 67 years old and haven't had one in 30 plus years. In the garage hoping to paint some parts in my Barracuda.

Finished my second one at age 60 and they found some polyps. Non-malignant. Now I am on the 5 year plan. Pretty cheap insurance to avoid something that would be life-ending.

Good for you!

I've had 2, and I'm on the 5 year plan. They removed some non malignant polyps both times. I have figured out that if you use the 2 small bottles for the prep, instead of the gallon jug with powder in it...that you fill with water and drink. it's MUCH easier! When I got to the last glass of that crap in the jug, it was all I could do to drink it. :BangHead: No man should fear a colonoscopy because of weird reasons. Hey....it's the only times in my life I've been encouraged by a bunch of beautiful women (nurses) to fart out loud.....lol.

Three year plan here because of polyps and family history. The prep sucks but you get a damned nice nap with nurses fussing over you and then you get to go out to a nice meal afterwards. I love how one minute you're talking to the nurses and the next your in a different room.

I've had too many!

But what is it that's said here...

...It didn't happen without pictures!

Just kidding!

download (3).jpg

52f1da180a3188042d1098235a61becb--auburn-hair-airplane-art.jpg

download (3).jpg

They have refined the whole thing over the years, Miralax you add to Gatorade, much easier to get down, and the drug they give now is better, 20 years ago I was half-awake during the thing, not fun, but now you are completely out, and then you wake up and you're not even groggy.

Did he have BOTH hands on your shoulders????

Last edited:
If the colonoscopy was yesterday, I bet you weren't out in the garage the day before yesterday

If the colonoscopy was yesterday, I bet you weren't out in the garage the day before yesterday
I was wide open Couldn't sleep. Watched American graffiti and Bullitt. Then 2 episode of fsntomworks. Then went to the garage. Located some things I needed to find. Then 3 o'clock came and I went sound asleep. Whoever thought 6 am was a good time to do this was nuts

Glad nothing was found.

My doc had me do a Cologuard about a month ago. They mail you a kit to provide a stool sample that you then mail back so they can analyze.

Nothing found so they recommend a real colonoscopy in 5 years.

20 years ago I was half-awake during the thing, not fun, but now you are completely out, and then you wake up and you're not even groggy.

Exact descriptions of my 2 experiences so far, I was dreading the 2nd time around because of the first experience and didn't need to.

If they come back and say that they need to look further and schedule a barium enema run like hell

I've had 4. On the five year plan. Should be coming up soon. And yes, the gallon jug thing is horrible.

-
Back