common courtesy

-
Friend of mine has a side ramp wheelchair van. He parked in the handicap van spot, and went into the store. While in the store, some idiot parked in the striped area next to the van. That block his access to his van. The wheelchair ramp is remote controlled, so he just extended the ramp. Needless to say it didn't clear the idiots car. I would guess at least $1000 damage to the car. Then my friend called the cops, to make a report. The police then issued a ticket to the cars driver. :)

Friend of mine has a side ramp wheelchair van. He parked in the handicap van spot, and went into the store. While in the store, some idiot parked in the striped area next to the van. That block his access to his van. The wheelchair ramp is remote controlled, so he just extended the ramp. Needless to say it didn't clear the idiots car. I would guess at least $1000 damage to the car. Then my friend called the cops, to make a report. The police then issued a ticket to the cars driver. :)
Glad that they gave the driver a ticket. The idiot did 2 thing's wrong here, 1st he parked in a no parking zone, 2nd he blocked the owner of the van making it difficult for him to access his van, I have seen these vehicles in parking lots before and they have a sticker on them saying don't park within a certain distance of the vehicle. This is a good example of somebody who only thinks of himself. I'm glad that he has to pay for the damage to his own vehicle. It would be awesome if he not only has to pay for the damage to his vehicle, hopefully the ticket will be expensive, which it should be and his insurance needs to go up too.

I sell gas, among other things, you block my pumps or my bays, I chew your *** ! !
I don't pay at the pump so I have to go in to pre pay which is a inconvenience to me but if I have change coming I pull up to the building. It's a gas station/ convenient store so there is no bays

Back in the 60s and 70s, Mom worked in the county Ga. tax/tag office, S W Ga. Dawson. I had walked all the way to town one day after school, I was 15 and it was not cool to ride the bicycle at that age and walking miles was COOL. I decided to stop in at Ma's office and visit with there boss, he was cool. He wasn't there.
One the counter was this paper weight, a hunk of solid steel about 1 inch sqaure or so and 16 inchs long. I guess it was a paper weight. I knew she carried this funny looking little pistol in her purse. Short barrel with 4 bores. In comes this young guy, early 20s and he made the mistake of replying back with a "naw" instead of a "yes mame or no mame." Ma gabs that paper weight and around the counter she comes, dead run, all 5'5 and 150 pounds yelling "come here you disrespectful SOB, I am gonna kill ya"!
He leaves art a dead run with her after him. He got away.
The city law had their office in that courthouse also, and they caught her and asked " Beulah, don't hurt that kid. OK!

I earned at an early age about manners and respect. All it took was one good *** whipping and being asked "IF I wanted to be picking my teeth up off the floor?"
It was no idle threat.

There is an old saying, people lost their manners when men stopped wearing hats. It's really the ending of the civil society. People are self absorbed with their faces in their phones all day that they are addicted too and entitlement is the flavor of the day. There was a time when a woman would not go on the subway in pants, men would wear suits to a baseball game. Now they wear pajamas and slippers to shop and men paint their faces like idiots and get into physical fights if someone is wearing the opposing teams jersey. Law and order and fairness is eroding as you can see from the Federal side and locally there are stories like today where a county in Virginia will no longer be prosecuting trespass, drunk in public, hit and run and eluding. Don't even get me started on California and NY with their bail reform stupidity. LOL

How about people that pay cash and go inside to pay, then go back inside for change (me), and have to wait on one cashier that is handling 10 pumps, and snacks, and lottery tickets
Or have the cashier run a months worth of lottery tickets through the machine, while a line up is waiting:BangHead:RJ

I think we are referring to the " park " at the pump, not fill at the pump!
I got a dozen parking spaces, but people insist on pulling on the lot, parking at the pump, go inside with a shopping list and come out 10 mins later, the car behind has filled and trying to get out, car behind backs into car behind, shopper comes out, never buys gas, - leaves, and I got cars, out onto the street cuz their "entitled".
Can't count the times I gather up crew to go push a disabled vehicle uphill into a bay, only to have
an idiot slide past us, and bloc the fkn bay door ! !

Last edited:
Courtesy has gone to the same place to die as Communication skills. I heard in Fox News the other day that only 14% of Gen Z punks are proud to live in America. I will be more than happy to provide a one-way ticket to any one of the other 86% to the "Better" country of their choice.

I sell gas, among other things, you block my pumps or my bays, I chew your *** ! !
Hogwash on that

If I just spent $100 bucks on gas, and I need to run in for one of your 5 dollar donuts, my car can stay right where I filled it

My wife has several medical problems. If we can get a parking spot close to the store, she can walk that far without assistance, and then use the store scooter. Otherwise she needs to use a walker.
Ther are so many people that need the up close parking spots and also need the scooters. The issue is the people that don't need those services.

I exerted a bit of common "non" courtesy just a bit ago. I was leaving a parking lot, which has "bi directional" parking lanes. Here comes a car and a mini van RIGHT in the MIDDLE of the lane. I already had started to nose the converted ugly 01 RAM down the lane, and the guy in the car got over, but the woman in the mini van--driving with one hand and a cigarette in that hand........would not. SO I JUST CASUALLY kept inching the big 'ol truck over a bit more and a bit more and GUESS WHAT?? SHE FIGURED OUT HOW TO STEER THAT MINI VAN!!
Hell Yeah Brother! I Knew we were Related! (Evil Grin Included)

For some reason, parking lots seem to be the place where idiot's hang out. The one's that crack me up are the ones that have either a handicap plates or a placard and will park in the solid yellow striped area. If they don't know by now that means no parking they deserve to get a ticket, I would have no problem in doing so. A friend of my brother in law got a ticket for parking in a striped area and it cost him $225, I didn't and don't feel sorry for him.
They don't really pick on you like that around here I mean unless you did it in front of a public building and it was obvious or something but if it was like at a restaurant or a store or something like that although don't be an *** and block the fire Lanes please someone could be having a medical emergency and they may need help Fast

Back in the 60s and 70s, Mom worked in the county Ga. tax/tag office, S W Ga. Dawson. I had walked all the way to town one day after school, I was 15 and it was not cool to ride the bicycle at that age and walking miles was COOL. I decided to stop in at Ma's office and visit with there boss, he was cool. He wasn't there.
One the counter was this paper weight, a hunk of solid steel about 1 inch sqaure or so and 16 inchs long. I guess it was a paper weight. I knew she carried this funny looking little pistol in her purse. Short barrel with 4 bores. In comes this young guy, early 20s and he made the mistake of replying back with a "naw" instead of a "yes mame or no mame." Ma gabs that paper weight and around the counter she comes, dead run, all 5'5 and 150 pounds yelling "come here you disrespectful SOB, I am gonna kill ya"!
The city law had their office in that courthouse also, and they caught her and asked " Beulah, don't hurt that kid. OK!

I earned at an early age about manners and respect. All it took was one good *** whipping and being asked "IF I wanted to be picking my teeth up off the floor?"
It was no idle threat.
Remember, your customers pay your bills

It was no idle threat.
I think that your mom over reacted, remember he had the right to defend himself since your mom had that metal object in her hand and there is nothing that the law could have done about it.

-
Back