Complete interior upgrade on my 70 Swinger.

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
Well, its been a LONG couple of months. Pulled EVERYTHING out of the interior. Dash, seats, door guts, rear quarter ineer panels and guts, carpet, package tray, steering column, and all the wiring. Went through the wiring and rebuilt the steering column. New parts put in were the carpet, the seat covering, door handles, and window cranks. Everything else was rebuilt, reconditioned, and restored. Dyed the headliner, kick panels, package tray and visors white. Used SEM dye for this part. Use a Dupont flexible dye to dye the a pillar trim, dash and dash pad and some misc. seat belt covers and coat hooks to get the proper color of blue. Painted the insides of the doors and rear inside upper and lower panles in blue with a nice color from Duplicolor (Bahama Blue). Had the seats all recovered, picked up new carpet. Found a set of door and side panels and armrests. The end result is decent. I will post pics as soon as I can download them. I have a couple of what the interior looked like prior and a bunch of how it looks now. I also did some other work to the outside of the car too. New door handles, new mirrors, NOS emblems, complete new fuel system, new trim rings, new battery and cables. For now the car is done. If only the rain would stop???

Here is some pics. The top and bottom pic are from last year. The middle one is from today with all the upgrades.

parts 003.JPG

new car pics 015.JPG

005.JPG

I am seriously impressed you wanna do mine next?!?!? I just wish mine had something to start with.

Old and New 029.jpg

Old and New 030.jpg

Very impressive. I just had my seats redone, but will have to wait for extra money to do the panels. If mine looks half as good as yours, I'll be happy. Howard

Turned out very nice. I like all the white, it makes the cabin light and airy.

wow! Good job.

WHITE w/blue trim looks AWESOME!

Aloha!

The brushed trim rings look much better! 15"? Where did you get them?

Man that looks good. Stock with a touch of style always gets my vote.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Understand that I am an old guy and very big. Having said that I still drive a semi truck and work tons of hours. Somewhere in all of this I found time not only to invest the 40 hours of work into this job but also was able to fit my big butt into some crazy positions and with all the bending of my very bad rebuilt leg I was able to get this done. This started out as a blitz of selling parts to generate the bucks to do this job. I bet I had nearly as much time in selling and shipping all of them parts out firsthand. Its been a heckuva ride so far and I am nowhere near done. Next is to find nice bumpers, wheel opening trim, them pesky trunk and hood emblems, and a radio antenna setup. Thats gonna about do it for this years upgrades. Next year comes a built slant, new glass, new vinyl top, new window seals, and a grille. In any case I am liking this interior much better than the old one. It smells alot better too!!!
Chas.

-
Back