Compression test results

-
The power valve doesn’t control how much fuel is added when it opens. The number on it indicates WHEN it opens relative to intake manifold vacuum.

To control or change how much fuel is added when the power valve opens is done with the power valve channel restricter holes. Those are the holes in the cavity you see when you remove the power valve.

I doubt that a 5.5 power valve is opening soon enough for your application.

I agree... since his plugs still look dark, the primary mains are probably still too rich. It's surprising how lean the primaries can be for a good cruise mixture (AFR of 15:1 or even higher, if it doesn't surge) with the proper PV and PVCR.
I

The power valve doesn’t control how much fuel is added when it opens. The number on it indicates WHEN it opens relative to intake manifold vacuum.

To control or change how much fuel is added when the power valve opens is done with the power valve channel restricter holes. Those are the holes in the cavity you see when you remove the power valve.

I doubt that a 5.5 power valve is opening soon enough for your application.
Yup. Also bought a 6.5 & 7.5 I'm going to try. The bog at the initial hit of the throttle is gone. Might be more due to the timing coming in faster

-
Back