Cool cars you found but owner wouldn't sell !

-
I have found quite a few cool mopars over the years, but the best one I have located is a real 70 hemi cuda. It's hemi orange, 4 speed, shaker hood, black interior car. A farmer owns it. I went to look at an old 69 roadrunner he had (junk), ( this was in 1982 or so) and in talkin with him he said he has another car I might like to see. He open'd the barn door and there it was. He spun a rod bearing in 1975 with it and pushed it in the barn and pulled out the motor, and thats as far as he ever got. The numbers matching engine is sitting on the floor next to the car, but to date he still will not sell it. I bug him every year, and eventually I hope it pays off. I'm one of only a very few people who even know about this car. I even offer'd him my mint, original owner, Lil red express truck, and cash....but no deal. I'll keep working on him.

Blue 71 chally, big block, power bulge hood, not a panel on it that wasnt rusted through or dented. Dual Exhaust hanging down, pipes all bent up. Old man drove it daily until the house was forclosed on, next week I drove by it and everything was gone. I never approached the guy but my friend, his neighbor did and the old coot always said no, "its my driver..." At least it was still on the road although it was painful to watch putt by. Then there was that red 340 Dart I found in Pick-a part with the motor still in it...probably got $75 bucks for it from the tow truck driver! I remember a driving T/A Challenger 6pk I saw in the paper for 1500 bucks back in 1985....

Well I have a many stories that went the right way. The best is my brother he found a black T/A Challenger 4speed non ralley dash matching numbers in a trailer park. He became friends with the guy. Then one day after many years the guy called my brother I think this was in 97 he said the car was for sale. My brother bought is and still has it . In fact it sits in my garage as we speak. It really needs a restore but it is all there . He drove it for years then it started to knock so he parked it. He is toying with the idea of selling it. If anyone is interested seriously pm me and we can talk.
I believe it is one of 15 black ones made and I think 60 % were autos so it is very rare.

Guess that one didn't get away. If I ever were to own an Ebody it would have to be black. There was an AMC AMX sitting at an old mans farm that I had heard someone made an offer on a long time ago. My friend lives next to him so we decided to go over and talk to him one day when we were about 17. The old man said he still had it but was not willing to sell. I asked to go back and look at it and there was a tree growing in the engine bay. He started scrapping cars about 2 years ago and my friend sent me a picture of it on a trailer headed to the crusher.:wack:

I remember in the late 80's a junkyard having a shell of a U code 70 cuda not much left but it could have been had for a couple hundred. Even after the prices have come way down thoose days are gone !!!

In the 70s during high school I would ride my bicycle to work. One day one of the many houses I rode past has the garage door open while the guy is mowing the lawn. I stopped to talk to him because in the garage was an old Porsche convertible. Turns out it was a 1965 Porsche 356C convertible probably one of the last ones before the 911 came out. Other than about four years of dust it looked to be in fantastic shape. The owner had been in the service and brought it back from Germany and hadn't driven it in years. Back then these cars were not too valuable, especially in Michigan which salted the roads making a bad rust problem even worse. He just did not want to sell it which is ok as I didnt have a garage to really take care of it and it would have gotten ruined in about a year.

When I lived in Yorktown VA there was a dude who gave me 2 a bodys for parts that had been sitting in his back yard for years. He was a big Mopar guy for years but he is getting older and works on computers. Well in the little 1 car garage is a 70 TA that rare copper color, all original. I asked a few times to buy it and the last time he got kinda pissed off and said, I aint never gona sell that car. So I left him alone. Car is still there.

My father and his good friend built this old Camaro (sorry i don't remember the year) when we were living in Mississippi back in mid to late 70's. My father sold it when got orders to go to Turkey the first time. Sold to some kid who's parents had money. He drove it once and refused to drive it again. Scared the poop out of him when got heavy footed with it. It eventually ended up in some farmers barn. My fathers friend Chester has tried several times over the years to buy it back from the farmer, but he wouldn't let it go. Unfortunately it still sits in his barn to this day. Heres a couple of pics from when my father owned it. Paint was done by Chester. Sorry for the small pics, all I have atm.

Attachments

• img003.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 677
  • img004.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 675
Found an orange 78 Ramcharger SE, 440 auto. It needed a transfer case but I wanted it bad. The owner was in the army and just returned from overseas. He had a pocket full of money and said he didnt need to sell it. Found it 8 years later on craigs list after it had been wheeled to death for $1000.

Found another Ramcharger SE, this one was a black on black 77 440. Beside it was a 71 Super Bee 383 4speed. They were on a property that was being rented and the dude that lived there said they belonged to his lanlords son. We tracked the lanlord down and he said his son skipped town because he owed alot of money to people and the law was looking for him as well. A year later I went by there and the whole property had been bulldozed. The house trailer, barns, everything. No cars in sight.

yeah, 69 indeed. I've looked at a 69 charger rotting away since before I was born. wants way too much, can't ever afford it, and it isn't worth it. so it just rots.

After 38 years watching a 68 B5 340 4 speed Cuda parked in a rickety old garage the original owner called and said "You want it? Come and get it.." The county condemed the place...The car(in PA) is so rusty we are now looking for a body.That's the bad..The good is not one part is missing.The guy just quit driving it in 74 when the first(fake) gas crunch hit.He said it needed a clutch anyway..........

After 38 years watching a 68 B5 340 4 speed Cuda parked in a rickety old garage the original owner called and said "You want it? Come and get it.." The county condemed the place...The car(in PA) is so rusty we are now looking for a body.That's the bad..The good is not one part is missing.The guy just quit driving it in 74 when the first(fake) gas crunch hit.He said it needed a clutch anyway..........

Let's see some pics!

69 Cuda M Code Fastback. In 98 or 99, I had been traveling through central Ohio a lot and noticed an old car sitting next to a house under a tree, quite far from the highway. One day, I must have looked closer because I had never noticed that it looked like the profile of a Cuda FB. On the way back through I stopped, and sure enough, a faded red 69 fastback with flat tires, weeds growing up all around it and old tires thrown in the back. "Cuda" scoops on the hood with black stripe package and 440 call outs. Really looked like the real deal, wish I had known to look at the vin plate back then.
Anyway, went to the door and an older woman said it belonged to her son, who lived somewhere else. She thought he wanted to sell it, and gave me a phone number. I was pumped! Burned my cell phone up trying to call the number all the way back to NY. Kept calling the number for two weeks. FINALLY, a woman answers and she says, "Oh, you are calling about the cuda? He just sold it." Needless to say, I was crushed. I am convinced it was a real M-code. More of a "one that got away" than wouldn't sell I guess.

My dad was telling me the other day that he came up on a 72' challenger sitting in the yard of an abandoned house. He went out to look at it, and it was in fairly decent shape. Had a 340 in it, automatic.

He went to the neighbors to ask about who property it was, and the guy told him, that the owner came from a family with a lot of money, and the guy was a big mopar guy. The challenger was his dad's car and his dad had passed away.

The guy was driving it one day, and he blew the heads on it, parked it and bought another car, but still refuses to sell it.

In 78' i went to buy some go fast parts from a dood and noticed a 71' RR sitting on his street that looked like it hasn't moved in a while. I knocked on the door, left notes, etc. never got a call back but i kept trying. One day an old lady answered the door and said it was he son's car that he bought new but doesn't drive it anymore. I plead my case but never heard from him. That car sat in the same spot rotting til 2005 when katrina took it away... 383 pistol grip 8 3/4 B5

1979 took moms TC3 to have survive work done and a 71 curious yellow cuda convertible was sitting behind the shop, no plate so I ask about it, ended up getting it for $850 drove it for several years and sold it, ask current owner if he would like to sell, " my grandson wants that one"

Have wanted a 61/62 corvette since 1972. I use to see one year round being driven in the area I grew up in. The last time I seen it on the road it was snowing.

Then it was in a garage that would be open so when he moved it outside and let it sit I decided if I ever seen him I would stop.

Once I was able to talk to him he had bought it in 1970 from a guy he worked with and it had about 300,000 miles. He loved the car, but had a problem with the heads and pulled them. He didn't want to sell, so left him my number.

Years went by the car went from sitting in the driveway to the back yard, under a tree then got covered with a blue tarp. It sat there for years, still last time I ask he didn't want to sell. I try and look every time I go by but because of the overgrowth of bushes cannot tell if it is still there, but after the last 15 years or so under a tarp in the yard would be afraid of what is there. The glass gets soft, the frame rust (was fixed once before) so here sat a fawn beige 327 4 speed vette with hardtop and matching interior just rotting away. Have thought maybe to stop by again, but don't think I would be up to the project now.

I too was one of those guys, my 72 challenger 340 stick car sat for years and I kept saying IM GOING TO RESTORE IT SOMEDAY, we'll decided it was too far gone for me to rebuild and it wasn't worth the 12,000 it would cost, WHAT A DUMBASS I WAS

Finally after owning for 17 years I sold it and gave the guy most of my e body parts and the original 340 and the HEMI 4 speed I put in it. Hated to let it go, but if I were to get another ebody would want a western/ southern car without the rust. With what e bodies are worth today it would have been a good investment to rebuild it

But I have my Dart and Prowler

Cars are still out there just not as many andnot as nice. I have the saddest story of all thecar when I first joined here I talked about. the car my parents ordered new a 1970 moulin rouge 383 auto buckets console dust trail reflective stripe on back air grabber 3.23 sure grip car is sitting in a barn . yep sitting where it was parked in about 78. The guy who bought it from my dad still has it and thereit sits ! My brother has tried and tried to get it but no deal. Just a car but it sure means alot to my family !!!

I'll post some photos when I get back there in the spring.

The challenger was his dad's car and his dad had passed away.

The guy was driving it one day, and he blew the heads on it, parked it and bought another car, but still refuses to sell it.
one case where I can actually respect the decision.

My neighbor has an aar and a ta sitting side by side they are complete cars.
They have been sitting in the same spot for 30 years

-
Back