Coolest Car Movies

-
Out of all the pix they could have used for Fast and Furious they use one from the charger flipping?! :ncool:

:supz: for Vanishing Point not making the bottom of the list :)

"What's the first rule when entering a man's car?"
"Respect a man's car, a man respects you."

Bullitt, Gone in 60 seconds (the original), 7 Ups, and a few others I can't remember

I just watched a behind-the-scenes video regarding "The French Connection" , and its car-chases-train scenes .
It appears that the late , great Bill Hickman proceeded to drive that 1971 LeMans at a sustained 90 MPH for 26 blocks , completely without any permission or clearance ; just outright illegally flogged the car with the cameraman sitting in the back seat , and the film's producer (?) wrapped in a mattress sitting shotgun !

Bill Hickman was personal friends with James Dean , and was with him when Dean had that infamous fatal wreck .

Hickman drove the Charger in Bullitt ( and choreographed its chase scenes ) ; drove the '71 LeMans in French Connection (and played the role of one of the cops in the film ) ; and flogged the 1973 Pontiac Grandeville in The 7-Up's .

What was the original question again ?

Two Lane Blacktop was AWESOME !
The American Graffiti '55 Chevy made its premiere ( with a LS-6 454 under its hood ) , but the best part of the movie was seeing the
Brotherhood of Los Angeles Street Racers at the beginning ( the '70 Hemi 'Cuda in FE5 racing against another car ) .

In the Summer of 1980 ( when I was 10 ) I got to go to Universal Studios with the YMCA ( Summer Camp programme ) .
There I saw all of the destroyed 1974-1977 Monaco / Royal Monaco police cars that were used in the Blues Brothers , plus about 8-10 of the actual Blues Mobiles ( 13 ex-CHP cars were used all together ) .
All of these destroyed Monacos were stacked-upon each other on a back lot ; and I got in big trouble for breaking away from the tour so that I could get a closer look at them :joker: .

any list which omits Two Lane Blacktop has ZERO CREDIBILITY

(also I LOVE Death Proof, the Quentin Tarantino half of Grindhouse, where the girls stomp Kurt Russell)

"HotRod" Loved the 65 Sattelite and the Willys

"Dazed and confused" yep, that was a Superbird

"Last American Hero" (Hard Driver) very cool Mustang in this

"Two Lane Black Top" I loved this one too

Cannon Ball. Cannon Ball Run 2 different movies but good entertainment

Grand Prix was an awesome flick.

Grand Prix was a great movie for sure.. would you believe that I actually painted one of the cars that was in the movie? After the movie was made obviously...

California Kid, Two Lane Blacktop, Grand Prix, and Lemans.

The Marty Robbins movie was called Hell On Wheels. He was a stock car racer.

One mid 1960s movie that I always liked was Redline 7000 because it featured shots of King Richard Petty driving his famous Plymouth along with shots of other drivers.

Grand Prix - :thumrigh:

35D3BCA18AAA8931252FF5BBB25ED.jpg

Best Car Chase - Bullit

Best Cruisin' Movie - American Graffitti

Just my opinion..

< These three are movies that I have watched dozens of times each since they came out, and I would still rather watch them dozens more times than some of the new crap that comes on TV nowdays. >
-

Hot Rod 1979 of course.:thumblef:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmb1pa5Gvko"]YouTube - &#x202a;Hot rod (1979) car chase with crash&#x202c;&rlm;[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2FhDmnboso&feature=related"]YouTube - &#x202a;Hot rod (1979) drag race scene 5&#x202c;&rlm;[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDfgfruQ250"]YouTube - &#x202a;Hot rod (1979) road racing&#x202c;&rlm;[/ame]

-
Back