Cooper Cobra Radials

-

kjunhemi

Reaction score
Looking for feedback on these tires if anyone has any pros or cons let me know. Thinking about putting 295/50/15 with Weld draglites 15x10 7 1/2 BS on the rear because it has a B body rear under the car and 215/70/15 with 15x6" Weld Draglites on the front.

i personally dont care for 50 series tires. i use a 275/60/15 or a 255/70/15 on my 10" wide wheels .........

I sold a near new set of 275/60 on 8" Draglites recently. Ran them for a short time on my car but did not like the look. I can't imagine a 275/60 on a 10" wheel. The wheel must be wider than the tire??

275/60/15 on a 15x10.....

Attachments

• d39.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 521
  • 1510.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 534
I had a set of these on one of my cars a few years ago, and one of them shreded like a firestone while I was cruising at 55 mph......so personaly, I will never buy them again. And thet were fairly new tire at the time.

I had a set of these on one of my cars a few years ago, and one of them shreded like a firestone while I was cruising at 55 mph......so personaly, I will never buy them again. And thet were fairly new tire at the time.
Gotcha thanks for the info

well, I do not mean to influence your decision, but after that happened to me, it made me nervous to keep them on the car, so I got rid of them, and I'v used nothing but BFG T/A radials ever sence with no problems. I have T/A radials on all three of my classic vehicles.

I sell tires for a living. Tires don't shred for no reason. Heat is the culprit usually, and that comes from low tire pressures, whether set too low or if it has a leak and gets low. Cooper Cobras are an okay tire. They are a hard compound and spin easily and leave no marks on the ground. I run that same size on my Dart Sport and I run the BFG Radial TA. Same deal. Hard compound, spins but leaves little behind. That is good because they last, but I like smoke and black marks. The Coopers are very reasonable and are one of the few remaining choices in a P295/50R15.

after the factory rep came to the tire store to look at the shreded tire, it was detrimined it was a faulty tire. The tires were not low on air pressure. They replace the tire and a few months later I removed them from the car and got rid of them. I have way to much time and money tied up in my vehicles to have somthing disasterous happen on the highway. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.

ive had lee turbo actions, cooper cobras and now running hankook h727. the hankooks seem to bite the best and leave a little rubber. they have over a 400 tread wear if that really matters.

I am going to pick up a set of Mickey E/T Street Radials and another set of rims so I can put them on for the track. I have a buddy with a hard rockin' Camaro that runs Nitto's every day. He drives them to the track, runs on them, then drives home.

Looking for feedback on these tires if anyone has any pros or cons let me know. Thinking about putting 295/50/15 with Weld draglites 15x10 7 1/2 BS on the rear because it has a B body rear under the car and 215/70/15 with 15x6" Weld Draglites on the front.

Cooper makes a good tire. The 295-50-15 would be about an inch taller than the original tire but much wider.

If you have the room to fit a 295-50-15, I think it would be a good choice.

I ran the 295/50/15's on the back of my '72 F-100 for a while and a set of 215/60/14's on the Chevelle and they were absolutely terrible in any weather other than a nice sunny day. A slight mist and you can kiss any traction goodbye. The set on the Chevelle broke a cord and bubbled up after about 200 miles. In my opinion for the money the BFGoodrich Radial TA's are a lot better tire if you want raised white letters. I now run these on everything 'cept the Duster, I got Hankook's on it which are great tires as well.

well, I do not mean to influence your decision, but after that happened to me, it made me nervous to keep them on the car, so I got rid of them, and I'v used nothing but BFG T/A radials ever sence with no problems. I have T/A radials on all three of my classic vehicles.

I have had belt separation on at least 4 BFGs over the years. Bad things can happen to any tire.

With that said..... BFGs are still my first choice in a white letter tire.

I work for Cooper and have not had very good luck with any Cooper tires I have used, they wear out prematurely. I would go with T/A radials for the look and durability.

i have those and they ride a lot ruffer then other tires and seem a bit too stiff.. also heavy

they also dont leave black on the road for some reason and dont screech when burning out or maybe thats just my problem haha

I work for Cooper and have not had very good luck with any Cooper tires I have used, they wear out prematurely. I would go with T/A radials for the look and durability.

Unfortunately, BFG is phasing out the Radial TA. I bought some of the last available P295/50R15's here in Minnesota. There are still a few I can order in, but choices in that size are getting limited. They have discontinued much of that line already.

What do you expect from a cheap tire? I gotta set of four brand new ones o n my truck I'm in the process of buildin a motor for. If one screws up, I'll buy another one. I ain't gonna whine about it, cause I piced the cheapest tire Summit sells. That was MY decision.

thanks man, i love that old school look too. these are just chillin in my garage right now, i may put them back on for the summer

So you got what 4....5 different sets of rolling stock now right man? A new set of shoes for each day of the week. :thumleft: (I really like the steelies you have on there now, especially the black ones w/trim rings)

Pat

So you got what 4....5 different sets of rolling stock now right man? A new set of shoes for each day of the week. :thumleft: (I really like the steelies you have on there now, especially the black ones w/trim rings)

Pat

hehe thanks Pat, yes i have a few different sets, im eager to try the 15x10 and 15x7 slots next that have been sitting around lol..its either a fetish or a medical condition, im not sure which

-
Back