Covid 19 / Coronavirus

-
Gas company out here says 'no pay, no disconnect, no worry' here. Wish the banks/credit cards would float a months payment...that would be huge in catching up on stuff, not just for me but for everyone impacted. Congress should just make it so.

There might be only 3 voters left by then.
Traditionally, red counties are less impacted by lack of government involvement when it comes to disasters. Seems the folks just are more apt to pull up the bootstraps and get to work rebuilding without waiting on federal aid, not just sit in their flooded homes and wait for help.

All trudeau said was the employment insurance benefits will be easier to claim, with no waiting period. Great. Im self employed and therefore unable to collect benefits. In a side note, i dont pay into it either.
I will make do with what i have and hope this runs its course quickly.

IL and a few other states just closed all dine in restaurants, they can do delivery and carryout only. Wife said shelves in the stores were pretty empty. Meat and fish counters closed. We're good for close to a year if needed thanks to three deer, couple wild turkeys, fish and wild game, and canned/ vacuum packed fruit and veggies from our garden. Hopefully this **** runs it's course quickly. Definitely wild and serious times.

Be well, help out your elders and stay safe folks,
Pat

Went to the grocery store near my house this afternoon for a couple things. Signs posted on the doors state 1 package of toilet paper and/or kleenex per visit. One of the things I went for was milk, apparently they got a delivery this morning, nearly all sold out when I got there at 3 o'clock.

We are gonna need a cure or vaccine soon.To stay under the capacity of the health care system we all should have begun staying home before now.
However, if we manage to stay below the threshold, and taking into account how many will be affected, how long the average stay will be, and all the other complications and nuances, that bell curve would be somewhat inaccurate. Depending of course on how the x and y values are set up. It more likely would be a straight line, just under the capacity reference, and track there for what could be years.
Things are sure gonna be different for while.

I sure hope this is true and I think we should do similar. My wife has already told me about the disrespect in the stores. It’s terrible. The elderly folks need food and supplies too.

E499AE2D-1C6D-4441-A8F2-354F32D0F292.png

Last Mon. Houston had 15 cases, today, week later 30. One of which is a police officer in a Northern burb in critical condition. Seems he was exposed to the guy that was BB Qing at the Houston Rodeo cook off event. That was the dude that had flown in from overseas with the virus, and with symptoms The same dude that had swore he had not BEEN out of country. Stupid!!!!!!

Last Mon. Houston had 15 cases, today, week later 30. One of which is a police officer in a Northern burb in critical condition. Seems he was exposed to the guy that was BB Qing at the Houston Rodeo cook off event. That was the dude that had flown in from overseas with the virus, and with symptoms The same dude that had swore he had not BEEN out of country. Stupid!!!!!!
I have read that it doubled in 6 days.

First vaccine testing starts today...

with good fortune, a vaccine could be available mid 2021

I have friends that pray to trees. Doesn't mean they aren't good people. Now is when we all need to support each other.

Something about eating dog doesn't sit right with me. Cat not so much, but no idea what it looks or tastes like. I've had a lot of cottontail and it is very chicken-like. I rarely eat chicken anymore (its nasty), I try to stick to beef.

I ate a cat burito/el gato , dinner in Cal. once . Was the weirdest tasting burito I`ve ever eaten , when I kept chewing in a piece of rubbery meat , I finally spit it out , it was a complete cats paw, minus hair and claws .That new ''resturant'' got closed down by the authorities 3 weeks later , saw it on the news back in Apple Valley..

-
Back