Covid 19 / Coronavirus

-
Wow. Nice turn on a thread. I wouldn’t mind at all if ya’ll took your religious arguments to the n&p. They will be leaving soon if it keeps up.

IL and a few other states just closed all dine in restaurants, they can do delivery and carryout only. Wife said shelves in the stores were pretty empty. Meat and fish counters closed. We're good for close to a year if needed thanks to three deer, couple wild turkeys, fish and wild game, and canned/ vacuum packed fruit and veggies from our garden. Hopefully this **** runs it's course quickly. Definitely wild and serious times.

Be well, help out your elders and stay safe folks,
Pat

You are one in a million , most people cant do that for themselves , or even have a clue on how to do so !

My chuckle for today. The stepson is 28, ag teacher with 2 degrees. Wife is RN, they have a 6 month old baby. They work on N edge of Houston burbs. Kid calls mom and starts his preaching about the virus, and how they know it all since she is at the medial scene and he is just that smart anyway.
Ask if they have any extra hand sanitizer, as the stores here have been out for couple weeks. We have a little, some Clorox, and fifth of hard liquor. Nope, gotta save it for the baby. OK
Wife says we just stopped at the small town grocery and they were out of most stuff, but we need little, just a bottle of Mayo ( gotta have Mayo!). They had 2, We got them both. Hoarders we are!!
Says he has not been to the store, was too bust last week at Houston Stock Show with it being closed down Wed. Too busy. They have NO food in the house. Some meat in a freezer. OK so the wife works 3 -12 hour shifts never goes to the grocery, never cooks.
Ha..so it was funny to ME!! lol

My chuckle for today. The stepson is 28, ag teacher with 2 degrees. Wife is RN, they have a 6 month old baby. They work on N edge of Houston burbs. Kid calls mom and starts his preaching about the virus, and how they know it all since she is at the medial scene and he is just that smart anyway.
Ask if they have any extra hand sanitizer, as the stores here have been out for couple weeks. We have a little, some Clorox, and fifth of hard liquor. Nope, gotta save it for the baby. OK
Wife says we just stopped at the small town grocery and they were out of most stuff, but we need little, just a bottle of Mayo ( gotta have Mayo!). They had 2, We got them both. Hoarders we are!!
Says he has not been to the store, was too bust last week at Houston Stock Show with it being closed down Wed. Too busy. They have NO food in the house. Some meat in a freezer. OK so the wife works 3 -12 hour shifts never goes to the grocery, never cooks.
Ha..so it was funny to ME!! lol
real funny...untill he asks to move back in

I ate a cat burito/el gato , dinner in Cal. once . Was the weirdest tasting burito I`ve ever eaten , when I kept chewing in a piece of rubbery meat , I finally spit it out , it was a complete cats paw, minus hair and claws .That new ''resturant'' got closed down by the authorities 3 weeks later , saw it on the news back in Apple Valley..

Sounds like a Mojave Desert kinda thing :rofl:

I'm a medical disaster area in my general health issues, what's going on in my insides.
Survived prostate cancer, 5 years ago, have a bone marrow, white blood cell mutation, cancer, disease, that's called JAK-2, that's not curable, but controllable with a chemotherapy tablet, every morning.
Take pills to control high blood pressure.
Have diminished kidney function, whatever that means in the medical world.
And now i have been diagnosed with a bad heart, and issues that go along with that diagnosis.
At this point in time, i don't give a damm, about this virus, and just live my life day by day, and not worry about the virus taking me out.
Not doing anything out of the ordinary in my daily routine, about this virus putting me 6 feet under, and i am 67 years old.
Survived way too much already, without me worrying about this.
My .02 cents, anyway.

At 72 I am thankful for the days I have enjoyed on this Earth. I try to enjoy each day that comes, no matter if too wet, or too hot, or too cold, or whatever.
I have comes close to death several times. Guess it never was my time.

I'm a medical disaster area in my general health issues, what's going on in my insides.
Survived prostate cancer, 5 years ago, have a bone marrow, white blood cell mutation, cancer, disease, that's called JAK-2, that's not curable, but controllable with a chemotherapy tablet, every morning.
Take pills to control high blood pressure.
Have diminished kidney function, whatever that means in the medical world.
And now i have been diagnosed with a bad heart, and issues that go along with that diagnosis.
At this point in time, i don't give a damm, about this virus, and just live my life day by day, and not worry about the virus taking me out.
Not doing anything out of the ordinary in my daily routine, about this virus putting me 6 feet under, and i am 67 years old.
Survived way too much already, without me worrying about this.
My .02 cents, anyway.

Sounds like ur plate is full, hope the best for you !

San Francisco and neighboring counties are pretty much under martial law now. Hunker down law in effect. stay indoors no travel, meetings, etc. Only essential travel is allowed. Jeez louise.......

San Francisco and neighboring counties are pretty much under martial law now. Hunker down law in effect. stay indoors no travel, meetings, etc. Only essential travel is allowed. Jeez louise.......
They are trying to slow the spread.

@pittsburghracer posted a link about Canada closing its borders. Only Canadian citizens may cross. Americans are exempt though.
This is getting very real very fast. Those who want to argue it are just living in denial.

@pittsburghracer posted a link about Canada closing its borders. Only Canadian citizens may cross. Americans are exempt though.
This is getting very real very fast. Those who want to argue it are just living in denial.
I had a discussion with a close friend. He stopped into a local food processing plant asking for a donation. He was offended that they treated him like he had the plague. (right or wrong) I explained to him how serious it is and how quickly it spreads. I think he got it.

My son...18 and is "in love"...school is closed but they are doing online classes. He doesnt take this serious at all. I told him he cant go to the girlfriend's house until this calms down...I told him your not in school because this is a vacation...your not there to try and slow this thing down. His argument is I'm young and healthy I would be fine...I said your right you probably would be but, I may only be 46 years old but have Diabetes and asthma, I have also had pneumonia 9 times, you could bring this **** home and kill me....SO...NO YOUR NOT GOING!!!! This house is on lock down right now....We can all go to work if we have to and that's gonna be about it until this thing is under control....

my cousin is dating an argentinean girl
her visa expires in about a month, but because the airlines cancelled all international flights she had to scramble to find a flight out of the US back into Argentina
she found one and flew out yesterday
she said that while they were on the runway, waiting to take of Argentina closed its borders and everyone who was not an argentinean citizen was removed from the flight

Yup. I think it should be getting very obvious now how serious this is. I hope most can take the necessary steps to prevent the overwhelming of the medical system. Im sure many will not be able to though and others just won’t.
I’m a long ways from home right now and scheduled to return Wednesday or Thursday. If they don’t shut down all travel within the country!

I live about 50 miles from SF, no one around here is staying home. People are out and about. Though they are wearing masks and staying apart. Went to Home Depot and almost couldn’t find a parking space, then I saw the line to get in, so forget that. Lowes and ace hardware were the same. I think there’s more people out and about than I can ever remember.

I have been working in Calgary for the last month and a bit. In the last few days, things are really getting more active. It was a ghost town. Now there is actually some traffic to contend with. I’m glad people are coming out. We have to take care of ourselves, both health wise and economically. Living in the dome will only delay the inevitable.

For us here in this part of PA, it’s about when it’s time to relax things. Now isn’t it.

Our county has 4739 cases and 382 deaths. The township I live in has 84 cases and one death but the township next to us has 272 cases and 73 deaths. Both townships have about the same population and density.

The death rate in the county overall is 8% of known cases. However, the township next to us has a 27% death rate from known cases. That’s just plain scary.

-
Back