Covid 19 / Coronavirus

-
Wow ^^^ that makes me feel that it is more hopeless today than in (Orwell's) 1984.

What I find hilarious is when someone declares that they are "done" with a particular thread, only to reappear again later on in the same thread. LOL!

I got a notification and just reacted. Meanwhile, people continued to address me directly so......
I will gladly "un notify" myself to prevent upsetting you in the future.

Nobody is talking about doing this stuff "forever". As anybody who has gone through a difficult situation in their lives knows, it just SEEMS like forever. There will be a vaccine. It will take a while for it to happen, but it will happen and the vast majority of people will get the vaccine and this will cease to be a widespread catastrophe. This too will pass!!! In 10 years we will all look back on this and hopefully learn some lessons that will make the rest of our lives better, like what is most important in our lives. In 20 years teenagers will hear the stories and blow it all off until they are in their 40s and then they will marvel at their parent's wisdom in keeping their families safe. It's worth the difficulties to know that our elders and those with medical conditions will survive this to live full lives for, perhaps decades, if we all do what needs to be done. I am, frankly, heartened by the number of people in my community and the number of people here on this thread who are doing their best in a difficult time. There are days when I wake up and want to load up the Dart and head to the beach for a few days. Sometimes I think that I'll go nuts just staying at home. But I get over it. It's great to have FABO as one of the diversions that will get me through it, so THANK YOU !!!

Nobody is talking about doing this stuff "forever". As anybody who has gone through a difficult situation in their lives knows, it just SEEMS like forever. There will be a vaccine. It will take a while for it to happen, but it will happen and the vast majority of people will get the vaccine and this will cease to be a widespread catastrophe. This too will pass!!! In 10 years we will all look back on this and hopefully learn some lessons that will make the rest of our lives better, like what is most important in our lives. In 20 years teenagers will hear the stories and blow it all off until they are in their 40s and then they will marvel at their parent's wisdom in keeping their families safe. It's worth the difficulties to know that our elders and those with medical conditions will survive this to live full lives for, perhaps decades, if we all do what needs to be done. I am, frankly, heartened by the number of people in my community and the number of people here on this thread who are doing their best in a difficult time. There are days when I wake up and want to load up the Dart and head to the beach for a few days. Sometimes I think that I'll go nuts just staying at home. But I get over it. It's great to have FABO as one of the diversions that will get me through it, so THANK YOU !!!

Saw an interesting site where they talked about when the vaccine was developed in relation to when the pandemic actually disappeared and it was about 90% of the way through the curve so apparently herd immunity is a real thing. This tragedy is being spun in so many ways, political, economic, health care social manipulation, the list goes on. The trick is to survive it and learn from it. Hope to be laughing with you all a year from now.

Well, the neighboring township that has been hit so hard added 29 new cases today. An 11% increase. Our township added only one new case...a less than 1% increase.

The health department is still at a loss as to why cases are going up so fast over there.

Concerning to say the least.

I had to go into the office to do a little work today. As far as the folks in Northwest Georgia everything is back to normal.

The roads were full of cars and motorcycles. I passed more than a half dozen yard sales with people gathering around. Stopped by the hardware store and it was packed. Then I needed to stop at Walmart...OMG, complete families (of course Aunt Mary was on the electric scooter!). It was pandemonium :D

Time will tell, but my guess is this area won't see a huge increase in deaths from "it".

No matter what "side" you're on or the theories you choose to believe or not...this stuff is real. I have no idea how the entire planet recovers financially and how trust is regained.

No matter what "side" you're on or the theories you choose to believe or not...this stuff is real. I have no idea how the entire planet recovers financially and how trust is regained.
Like eating an Elephant...just focus on one piece at a time...until it’s gone.

about as real as the swine deal. we shall revisit in 120 days.

Speaking of NY, has anyone seen roccodart440 post lately? I think he's a newyawka and haven't seen him post here in a while.

NY, NJ, and CT are doing 'better' now. Fewer deaths and hospitalizations. In CT: 3,000 people have died of the virus in the last 3 months. That's about 18 people per town who are no longer with us.

In Mass. there has been a big upswing in the number of fatal car crashes even though traffic is down by 50%! Also, more drivers have been caught driving over 100 mph.

Why hasn't the federal government mandated that all people flying in an airplane must wear face masks? I'm glad I don't have a daughter that is a stewardess.

151590246132_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=o3_BJ2cti1IAX-VBvEE&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

It's been 2 months since the last post. How is everyone making out?

I'm still hanging in there. I don't wear a mask in public. But I also don't go anywhere. Better to just not be a part of any of it IMO....

We have really taken a hit at work. Furlough is the new black I suppose these days.... I thought it was orange lol. In other news it will be interesting to see if the Gubm't fires up the presses once again so people can live the good life with that Trump check once again....

JW

I read the other day that member Teeth & Tires passed away... He has a post on this page...

RIP...

I got a notification and just reacted. Meanwhile, people continued to address me directly so......
I will gladly "un notify" myself to prevent upsetting you in the future.

I read the other day that member Teeth & Tires passed away... He has a post on this page...

RIP...
I'm sorry to hear that, rest in peace teeth and tires. My area has done very well, still social distancing 6', social groups upto 10 people, restaurants are open but only outdoor patios with limited tables. I've been working non stop as new home construction was deemed essential . Stay safe guys.

good here. considered essential so i've never stopped working, jamie is still working from home and poor rylee is probably the one hit most havingto finish 5th grade learning at home and not seeing her friends..

no one is sick though. personally i think that **** blew through work early in the year.. something kicked all of our ***.

we just got back from a red river gorge kentucky and pigeon foge/gatlinburg vacation. tomorrow is two weeks from geting home so i guess we are clear. man in pigeon forge and gatlinburg you would never know there is a virus floating around.. hardly anyone had masks and no one observed social distance. dollywood did a nice job with how they opened up though..

-
Back