Cragar lug nut size for 71 Swinger?

-

73SlantSwinger

Reaction score
I just picked up a 71 swinger and the car came with a set of cragar's on brand new tires. Owner didn't have the lugs for the wheels though, car is a slant six, anyone know the size and where to get these so I can mount these....thanks

Only cragar makes them

20220429_193844.jpg

20220429_193821.jpg

I have run across some older SS small bolt pattern cragars that had bigger holes and accepted a standard size is 7/16 lug nut with a standard size 3/4 Shank

First, we have to know if they are old style cragars or new.
The old ones, either unilug (fits two different bolt patterns) or single, used mag style shank lugs. The new ones use conical seat lugs.
The old style can probably use your stock studs,t he new style usually need new longer studs.
Next we need to know bolt pattern. 5 on 4 has 7 /16 studs, and might be left hand thread on the driver's side. If they are 5 on 4 1/2, they're 1/2 studs, less likely to have lefts on the left, but possible.

I believe if you have the small bolt pattern Cragars [4" bp] they take a special lug nut that only Cragar made. 7/16" and a smaller washer also. Pretty sure you still have left hand threads on the left two wheels also. I think I have one or two still in a package so may be able to get you a part number. Will let you know tomorrow

Most All new small bolt Cragars take 60 degree conical shank lugs. If you look them up they list conical or shank. Older wheels tahe 7/16 shank. Newer wheels call for 60 degree conical but don't buy them they take a conical shank.

I just bought Cragars and American racing wheels all of them take the newer conical shank

100_0060.JPG

100_0061.JPG

100_0019.JPG

100_0020.JPG

100_0021.JPG

100_0109.JPG

100_0110.JPG

Forgot about that, but Oldmanmopar is dead right. The new conical seat version takes a special lug with a conical seat, and a shank to center the wheel.
There was a thread about this a while back. The proper lugs were out of stock at summit and jegs, and supposed to be only made by cragar, but they were found either on ebay or Amazon, I don't remember which.
Google conical shank lugnuts.

Yes, I got a new set of the 15×8 small bolt also and just noticed recently that they were not conical...so that is 3 styles SS cragar small bolt wheel...WOW

20220420_175636.jpg

20220430_140324.jpg

20220430_140336.jpg

20220420_175636.jpg

I bought a new set for my 70 duster last yr there are no lug nuts to be had I found 8 new ones and found 12 used ones crager has them on B/O for the last yr good luck finding some I’d put a post up lug nuts wanted that’s how I found mine

I bought a new set for my 70 duster last yr there are no lug nuts to be had I found 8 new ones and found 12 used ones crager has them on B/O for the last yr good luck finding some I’d put a post up lug nuts wanted that’s how I found mine

Superbeesrt8 Did you ever sell that 2-5/8 Auto Meter Guage ? Your in box is full and the ad doesn't allow replies. Message me if it's still available. Thanks.

Last edited:
Forgot about that, but Oldmanmopar is dead right. The new conical seat version takes a special lug with a conical seat, and a shank to center the wheel.
There was a thread about this a while back. The proper lugs were out of stock at summit and jegs, and supposed to be only made by cragar, but they were found either on ebay or Amazon, I don't remember which.
Google conical shank lugnuts.

these work?
20Pc 7/16-20 Extended Thread Lug Nuts Conical For Chevy Pontiac Buick Oldsmobile | eBay

-
Back