Cragar Mach 8 Spacers

-
It really does. I remember those little stores well. You could just walk in and point to the headers on the wall. "I need THOSE!" No shipping, no handling, just go home with um.
We rebuilt Holley's in the back room. Lots of fun.

We had a SuperShops (2 of em) withing 5 miles of my house. They had wall to wall BFG's stacked 4-5 high and the place wreaked of tire rubber. You had to navigate a narrow path right up the middle to the counter and I remember an MSD demo sparker, a Lucas oil gear turner, and some other device..? Rims hanging on the wall, headers, intakes grouped by makers and big Erson camshaft banners. All the carbs hanging, a whole wall of header, valve cover and head gaskets. A few small rows of chemicals like water wetter (we used a tablespoon of Calgon, did the same thing) B&M trick shift (I think Type F was the same stuff) and a few other snake oils. Had lots of catalogs facing the counter guys, and the tire shop was in the back. Got a place down the street called Santa Ana Speed center. Place is pretty cool. Old school Enderle injection setups on SBC's on motor stands, Blowers on wooden shelves, a whole bunch of old stuff just laying around on wooden tables, almost like a swap meet. I found a brand new Mezier chrome electric water pump for Mopar LA in an open box. It was missing the large screw in hose fitting and the block cavity block off plate. I asked how much it was, guy squinted his eyes and said, 'give me a hundred for it'...."Ill be back in 15 minutes!" Score!

We had SuperShops here in Texas when they were just getting started. I was giddy due to the fact that there was another speed parts supplier. I went in & asked about an MSD ignition set up for my 68 Barracuda. The counter guy looked at me like I had grown a second head. His response was, "we don't handle parts for off brand cars". I was told they could order the parts I wanted & have them in about a week, or so. I was then told, "btw, these are special order parts & cannot be returned".

We had SuperShops here in Texas when they were just getting started. I was giddy due to the fact that there was another speed parts supplier. I went in & asked about an MSD ignition set up for my 68 Barracuda. The counter guy looked at me like I had grown a second head. His response was, "we don't handle parts for off brand cars". I was told they could order the parts I wanted & have them in about a week, or so. I was then told, "btw, these are special order parts & cannot be returned".
Turn around and run away. LOL

Check out summit #29214. Don't know if these could be trimmed to work.

Thanks for the idea. I've looked at those, and I don't think they will. Those look like they are traditional wheel spacers. These things actually go into the back of the wheel to make a flat surface that can be flat up against the hub. Weirdest thing I ever did see.

-
Back