Crossville,Tn.

-

BJR Racing

Reaction score
Anyone race at Crossville, TN. if so we'll be there with the Funnycar this Saturday (7/14/07), it would be good to meet some of you guys, if your in the area. They call it I-40 Dragway, it's about 60 or so miles from Knoxville,TN. I think, but you know what they say about thinking. LOL

BJR,

I live near that track, about 30 miles or so. I've never been to it but you can see the track clearly from I-40. When I have drove past it, there always seems to be a good turn out. I even saw a sublime '70 Dart doing a burnout once while driving by. A few of my friends race there and have told me that there is a decent number of Mopar racers. 60 miles is pretty close, probably about an hour from the I-75/I-40 split in Knoxville. It seems to be a real good track, I just never seem to find the time to go.

Scott
72 Dart

Scott,
Maybe you should come this weekend as I believe that there will be 4 Funnycars, the guy who owns the track, Andre (which is the guy that I tune and build parts for), Monty Todd, and I think Tommy Payne's Crazyhorse. I dont know what the entry fee will be to get in the gate. We should be there around 1:00 pm Saturday afternoon as I'll be bringing the crew, as we all have regular jobs, Andre will be there Friday night, but not at the track until saturday morning. Should be a fun weekend, but when it's all over will be looking to get back for a day of rest. 7+ hours of driving (there and back) and 10 hours of racing, or waiting.

Bobby

Best of luck to you Bobby. Have fun.

Rumble,
The adrenaline is already flowing on high, as there's a lot of prep work that has to happen before hand. Trying to get the BAE heads ready just in case something happens, ya never know with these things. Hopefully we'll have a good crowd there, as this will be my first time to this track. It's always fun to go different places and race.

BJR,

Man I'd love to go but it's my wedding anniversary so I guess I have to see what's planned. Thanks for the invitation. I may be there.

Scott
72 Dart

BJR,

Man I'd love to go but it's my wedding anniversary so I guess I have to see what's planned. Thanks for the invitation. I may be there.

Scott
72 Dart

I can't think of a better wedding anniversary, bring the wife and have alot of fun................Ok .................OK.........I'm single and can do what I want nuf said...................maybe thats why I've been single for 20+years they wouldn't go racing.
I still have the race cars...........................lol.........and I'll be there!
This racing thing takes a special breed and when I find one I'll keep her, she asked me once what was more important .....SEX ........OR .... Racing.........I said what night is it?.........................Done deal!..........SATURDAY RACE NIGHT!......LOL

I just now saw this post and it's Sat. morning. I use to run my bracket car,ever now and then at I-40. I live about 70 miles from Crossville in Burkesville Ky. I have to work this weekend and I wish I had seen this earlier. Maybe could have swapped shifts with someone, but too late now. I need to start reading the southeast forum more often. Give em Heck!!!
Bob

BJR,

Scott
72 Dart

No lie, wife took me racing for the anny. It was my first time to a Nat. We went to E-town.

Rumble,
Thats a keeper! Man what a anniversary!

Well this is what happened, we get to the track and were one of the first one's there. The track is very, very green. What happened I found out later is that they had a car break a engine and drop anti-freeze all over the track the week before, so they scraped the track and completely washed and scrubbed the track so the rubber quality wasn't the greatest at the start. The groove was very narrow, started at 10 ft. wide and went to 4 ft. wide before the 330 ft mark and next to nothing by the end of the 660'.
So we loaded the car for slick conditions, and the clutch had a bad gremlin, the car pushed through the lights. But come second run we found the gremlin and fixed a thing or two to help out, the run started great and the car rattled the tires at 250 or so feet, and had to lift. Showed great promise but the settings that we had were off a bit. The car showed low 4 sec. potential and maybe a 3 sec. pass. The track temp was at 127* at 3 pm and dropped to 112* by the first run at 7:30 or so and not much change from there. So all in all we had a good time but the 3:30 AM thing wasn't cutting it, after the heat and the work we were all very tired, my day ended at 23 hrs. but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
I do have to say a Special Thanks to Andre and Lorraine as car owners and driver for letting us help them in there quest. I also have to say thanks to:
Charlie Holmes
Chuck Holmes
Matthew (Charlie's grand son)
Terry Brown .........and his wife for putting up with us.

It was fun and looking forward to the next event, hopefully some testing in between, looking to the Sept. division 2 event at Commerce.

-
Back