Custom Drive shaft vendors

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Where do you guys get your drive shaft work done? A simple google result brought up a few but curious as to who yall use?

I used a company called Victory Driveshafts, they had any material you could want. I believe they are located in the midwest, Michigan or perhaps Iowa.

Joel at Allstate Driveshaft in Yucca Valley, CA built some shafts for a member and a few people around here

What kind of pricing were you guys looking at from some of these places? How do they compare to a place like Denny's Drive shaft?

I've used Denny's. IMO, the local shop I use is better for me. After speaking with them on the phone about worn replacement parts for a custom shaft he made, I won't use him again. Look locally under heavy truck repairs. Those guys KNOW driveline work and normally it's a lot cheaper because for them it's light duty stuff.

Look locally under heavy truck repairs. Those guys KNOW driveline work and normally it's a lot cheaper because for them it's light duty stuff.

Yes the local heavy truck repair shops usually may do driveshaft work...

But as you experienced with BIG ADVERTISING name shops, like them, some truck shops only know truck shafts.

What trucks experience aren't the same as what cars experience, like our local truck shop, i was there builder for all there shafts till they thought it would be more profitable for them to do it themselves, now they build shafts, but they aren't getting the knowledge from me, and they have had some issues.

Ask questions, and if they aren't asking you the right specific questions about use and quite a few other particulars, leave. . . . .

Unless you want to have a mishap like that girl in TX when her shaft came apart just after the line, broke her helmet, shoulder, face, collar bone, arm, 3 ribs, leg, ankle. . . . .

I bought mine (CR MO shaft with the big 1300 (?) joints) from Dr Diff. He sourced from Strange Engineering I think he said.

Nice shaft.

(That sounds dirty)

I went to www.ActionMachineinc.com and got this nice aluminum driveshaft for $375. to my door in just about 4 days.

DSCF0495.jpg

Oh and it's a 1350 u-joint not that other stuff.

72SCAMPTRAMP: You live in Iowa so give Victory Driveline a go. They are in Iowa. I talked with them at the 10' Monster Mopar. They make the shafts for Mancini, Strange and a few other companies. I bought a 3"DOM, 1350 joints and slip yoke for $285 shipped to my door. I ordered mine through A&A Transmission because I got one of their trans at the same time. Rick at A&A even went through step by step with me to make sure I got the correct length. He also has Victory polish and clearcoat it for you at no extra charge. He told me that was his little touch. I am close to 700hp and this is the one they recommended.

Give A&A a call @317-831-3066 ask for Rick(Owner) He knows his ****

72SCAMPTRAMP: You live in Iowa so give Victory Driveline a go. They are in Iowa. I talked with them at the 10' Monster Mopar. They make the shafts for Mancini, Strange and a few other companies. I bought a 3"DOM, 1350 joints and slip yoke for $285 shipped to my door. I ordered mine through A&A Transmission because I got one of their trans at the same time. Rick at A&A even went through step by step with me to make sure I got the correct length. He also has Victory polish and clearcoat it for you at no extra charge. He told me that was his little touch. I am close to 700hp and this is the one they recommended.

Give A&A a call @317-831-3066 ask for Rick(Owner) He knows his ****

i just did a google search for them and couldnt find Victory any idea where in iowa? It really isnt so much i need one right now but so many vendors for stuff nice to find out what others are using.

Yes the local heavy truck repair shops usually may do driveshaft work...

But as you experienced with BIG ADVERTISING name shops, like them, some truck shops only know truck shafts.

What trucks experience aren't the same as what cars experience, like our local truck shop, i was there builder for all there shafts till they thought it would be more profitable for them to do it themselves, now they build shafts, but they aren't getting the knowledge from me, and they have had some issues.

Ask questions, and if they aren't asking you the right specific questions about use and quite a few other particulars, leave. . . . .

Unless you want to have a mishap like that girl in TX when her shaft came apart just after the line, broke her helmet, shoulder, face, collar bone, arm, 3 ribs, leg, ankle. . . . .

I totally agree. There are three shops local to me. The one I use is the guy that sold the first one over a decade ago, opened a new shop then split off from them and does this on his own part time. He's so particular on the phone it can be trying. But, the guy makes great shafts. Some of my customers exceed 150mph over distance and vibrations can't happen. That's why I go to him.

Honestly im close to this step. But i know mine will differ from stock lenght.. But unsure on the length yet. Whats the length of a stock driveshaft? After googleing I see that there is a place called FASTSHAFTS in Iowa too?

Josh,you need to have your motor/tranny/rearend in the car.then take measurements for your application.(440/727/Dana)

The shaft out of my 70 Dart with an 8.75 and 727 was 48" c to c.

72 Scamp should be the same. Shorten it by the yoke difference from 8.75 to a Dana and you should be good. Best to measure your combo.

-
Back