D/Dart Conversation

-
My favorite story on these was the one where the guy has pics of the one he found actually sitting in a junkyard... no letters or anything, amazing! I remember when I was younger Ed Miller told me about these cars (I had a 66 GT then) and I thought, surely I can find one right? lol Still have never seen one in person... GREAT thread!

My favorite story on these was the one where the guy has pics of the one he found actually sitting in a junkyard... no letters or anything, amazing! I remember when I was younger Ed Miller told me about these cars (I had a 66 GT then) and I thought, surely I can find one right? lol Still have never seen one in person... GREAT thread!

That is the one now in Wilmington, OH. Great guy. Told me the hole story of how he happened on it. If I remember right he found it in Colorado. Some people have all the luck!

Yeah I believe that's the one! Just makes me wonder how many rare cars I walked by as a kid in the late 70s early 80s in junkyards, but hey, back then they were "just parts cars" right? lol I am just glad folks are saving them now, hope to see a real D Dart, maybe at Carlisle this year...

Yea,
In the early 90's there was a junk yard north to north west of Cincinnati, OH called Mad Mans parts +, I think. Boy I remember they had some of the nicest rust free Mopars I had ever seen. One that sticks out in my mind was a beautiful 1971 Sattelite 2door. It was a slant six car, with a vinyl floor! Rust free. Man it would have made a nice Road Runner clone! I have thought about that car many times, and hoped some one saved it.

-
Back