Damn Thermoquads.

-
I get a kick out of you thermobog guys if you cant tune a bog out of a thermoquad there is no way you will ever tune any carb. it is the easiest thing to do takes less than 4 minutes .

Really..thanks for the laugh:rofl::rofl:..

TQs have HUGE secondary holes;8 square inches worth of huge.. Holley Guys try to open them too fast.
By comparison,a street-sized Holley have little teensey secondaries; a 750 has about 4.8 sq inches worth.Or about 60% the size of the TQs. So when a Holley guy takes his Holley experience to the TQ equipped engine, it doesn't always work out.
By contrast the TQ has 3.5 sq inches on the primary side, compared to the 750's 4.8.The TQ is thus about 73% the size of the Holley.
In total, the TQ has 11.5 sq inches compared to the Holley 750s, 9.6. The TQ thus has about 20% more area for the atmosphere to hammer thru.
But that is not the whole story.

I like the progressive feel of the smaller TQ primaries.
And I love the TQ moan....

Last edited:
Maybe not but I'm willing to bet it'll go quicker with a "real" carb..
I know a guy that pulled his TQ for a 750 dp Holley on his built 360. The Holley slowed it up. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the Holley (I have a few right now :D), but the TQ is a great performer. And, I have also ALWAYS gained mpg with a TQ.

I know a guy that pulled his TQ for a 750 dp Holley on his built 360. The Holley slowed it up. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the Holley (I have a few right now :D), but the TQ is a great performer. And, I have also ALWAYS gained mpg with a TQ.

Obviously he DOESN'T know how to tune a Holley..and who cares about gas mileage:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Obviously he DOESN'T know how to tune a Holley..and who cares about gas mileage:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Apparently he knows how to tune something, he got an all steel, full size, long box D150 to go 11.3's with a 360 using cast 360 heads, cast intake and a TQ .. All throttle.
  • isn't that faster than what you could get your 360 to go in a feather lite Duster with aluminum heads???? We won't even mention wind resistance :D

Apparently he knows how to tune something, he got an all steel, full size, long box D150 to go 11.3's with a 360 using cast 360 heads, cast intake and a TQ .. All throttle.
  • isn't that faster than what you could get your 360 to go in a feather lite Duster with aluminum heads???? We won't even mention wind resistance :D

Isn't it funny you need to use someone ELSE'S vehicle to try and make a point..whats the matter your car toooooooooooooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww to even mention it :eek::eek:

Isn't it funny you need to use someone ELSE'S vehicle to try and make a point..whats the matter your car toooooooooooooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww to even mention it :eek::eek:
I don't have a TQ on anything right now. Holleys. Just mak'n a point that the TQ's a working carb. I've tuned them and they've run great. You have stated you cannot tune them.
I'd have no problem taking you on any day, dollar for dollar, weight to weight, gear to gear. You have no ingenuity in your motor. Not a soul on this site couldn't achieve your ordering of eddy heads, and your pharmacy build (means you get a prescription from a "doctor", and drop off your engine at the machine shop, and pick it back up). A typical "run of the mill" catalog build. The only way you ever go faster is if somebody "does it better FOR you" the next time, which usually means you opened your wallet wider.
And, what's usually the case, these are the guys that after they open their wallets WIDE, they open their mouths WIDER
:rofl:

I don't have a TQ on anything right now. Holleys. Just mak'n a point that the TQ's a working carb. I've tuned them and they've run great. You have stated you cannot tune them.
I'd have no problem taking you on any day, dollar for dollar, weight to weight, gear to gear. You have no ingenuity in your motor. Not a soul on this site couldn't achieve your ordering of eddy heads, and your pharmacy build (means you get a prescription from a "doctor", and drop off your engine at the machine shop, and pick it back up). A typical "run of the mill" catalog build. The only way you ever go faster is if somebody "does it better FOR you" the next time, which usually means you opened your wallet wider.
And, what's usually the case, these are the guys that after they open their wallets WIDE, they open their mouths WIDER
:rofl:

Once again you haven't got a clue what your talking about..but keep on thinking you do..just like you think you could ever beat my car..keep playing around with those "boat anchor" 318's:BangHead::BangHead::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Once again you haven't got a clue what your talking about..but keep on thinking you do..just like you think you could ever beat my car..keep playing around with those "boat anchor" 318's:BangHead::BangHead::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Didn't you create a thread here recently about a "Boat Anchor" 318 that was so impressive to you???? Yeah, that's right! Somebody else built that one to, I recall....
Hmmmm....
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Didn't you create a thread here recently about a "Boat Anchor" 318 that was so impressive to you???? Yeah, that's right! Somebody else built that one to, I recall....
Hmmmm....
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yes,that was a stroked poly built by one of the BEST builders(if not the best) in the business nothing he builds would ever be refered to as a "boat anchor"..and yes I do have my engines built,big deal I can afford it... jealous??..

I do have my engines built,big deal I can afford it... jealous??..
THIS NEEDS TO BE A STICKY SOMEWHERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL....
HE he he he....
HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!
BWAH HA HA HA........
Now we know why you can't tune a TQ
You need a shirt that says "bought, not built" he he he

P.S. - yes, I could "buy" the E.T. I desired (and build it myself). So "no", not jealous :D

THIS NEEDS TO BE A STICKY SOMEWHERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL....
HE he he he....
HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!
BWAH HA HA HA........
Now we know why you can't tune a TQ
You need a shirt that says "bought, not built" he he he

P.S. - yes, I could "buy" the E.T. I desired (and build it myself). So "no", not jealous :D

Get a life will ya'...

Yes,that was a stroked poly built by one of the BEST builders(if not the best) in the business nothing he builds would ever be refered to as a "boat anchor"..and yes I do have my engines built,big deal I can afford it... jealous??..
Funny how you reference a "Top" builder in order to "OK" a 318 BUT no one else here (or anywhere?) cam build a decent 318 for themselves?

Another case of the pot stirer calling the kettle black.

Perhaps YOU should get a life. Maybe some knowledge while your at it.

Fixed for accuracy:D:D

If we all knew half the **** we think we know, we'd all be millionaires. Besides, I've never claimed to know everything.......quite the opposite and on a regular basis.

If you wanna fix something for accuracy, start with what's lookin back at you in the mirror. lol

Funny how you reference a "Top" builder in order to "OK" a 318 BUT no one else here (or anywhere?) cam build a decent 318 for themselves?

Another case of the pot stirer calling the kettle black.

Perhaps YOU should get a life. Maybe some knowledge while your at it.

I find it hilarious he references any builder at all. Evidently, he cannot build one himself. Oh wait......herself. lol

If we all knew half the **** we think we know, we'd all be millionaires. Besides, I've never claimed to know everything.......quite the opposite and on a regular basis.

If you wanna fix something for accuracy, start with what's lookin back at you in the mirror. lol

No need to fix that pretty close to perfect:D:D

-
Back