DARN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looks like i am back in the game.......................

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
well, as some of you know, i love to do the work to these fine specimens of what we call cars, and i have been out of it for like 3 months. it feels like i have been out of the game for years!.lol

well, that was till today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just got my hands on a numbers matchin 70 340-4 speed fc7 dart.
it has new floors put in from the front all the way to the back, including both rear frame rails, trunk pan, and area over the rear axle. two new lower quarters are on, and any other areas of concern are done!.
the car is still apart to the bare hull, and i am thinking of actually getting it dipped or media blasted. have not decided.
the car retains all the factory stuff minus the intake,carb,manifolds and breather.
it comes with a extra 340 demon dash setup(complete dash), wo trannies,two 340 4 speed driveshafts,2 bell housings, and gobs of other parts.
the car left the line with black top and interior, hood pins, blacked out hood,3:23 gears, but they are gone and 3:91 gears in their place.

what does throw me off is that the car was rusty, so the guy bought a 71, and carved alot of metal off of it. so do i call it a 70-71 340 4 speed?lol
i do not even have a garage up, but am just getting my work done on the barn that was on the property, up and going so i can start some of the work.

pics to come, and wish me luck!. going to need it. it is about what the fm3 duster was when i got it, but this one has alot of the metal work done already!.oh, did i mention that it has been mini tubbed and the rear rallies have been widened 2 inches?lmao

Congratulations !! Looking forward to your restoration thread 340plot :glasses7:
I bet you are sooooo glad to see a bunch of the heavy hard work dun :cheers:

yea,, the guy spent 17k on just all the metal work that is done. now before you all jump on me, i know it was not worth that much. but, it does add up when you disect two cars at all the spot welds and make one. i think the guy put at leat 300 hours into all the metal on the car!. and it is done with all perfect welds. i did not see one flaw, and i even checked it over good. id have to say that 9k would be a fair price. so, now the owner is frustrated with it. i was at the point with the guy that i was willing to help him restore his own car, as i love to do the work, and he would get the pleasure to die with it!. he said while it was a nice offer, he cannot, as he has a job that sends him overseas all the time.

i really felt bad for him, and meant what i had said. i could see it in his eyes, as we both got emotional over the ordeal. he got had. he bought the car in 78 and had tons of dreams to bring it back to its former glory. now, i will bring it back, and promised to drop the car off with him for a weekend so he can go rowing throw the gears to the car shows.

Congratulations !! Looking forward to your restoration thread 340plot :glasses7:
I bet you are sooooo glad to see a bunch of the heavy hard work dun :cheers:

mike, to be honest, yes, much easier with alot of metal done, but i do love, with a passion to actually do that work also. i take it all as a entire love, i do not pic and choose what part i want to do and not. if that was the case, all i would do is send them off to get restored. but, where is the fun in that?lol

mike, to be honest, yes, much easier with alot of metal done, but i do love, with a passion to actually do that work also. i take it all as a entire love, i do not pic and choose what part i want to do and not. if that was the case, all i would do is send them off to get restored. but, where is the fun in that?lol

I have to agree with you 340plot, I miss doing the heavy part and it keeps me happy knowing I have a hobby I can enjoy and so far dun all the updates on Victoria myself so far except hanging the exhaust pipe and muffler on :smile:
Enjoy your days completing this build and it sounds like this build will make more then just one person happy to see it dun :smile:
I had to go to the dentist today :-({|= to extractions) and reading this thread made things feel better :thumleft:

Well glad to hear your back and have a mopar. Seems like thing's are going well! New house,new mopar,can't ask for much more!

Having been out of working on my mopar for an extended period of time,I can relate. I was actually out in the garage tonight,thinking of pulling out the power steering system,lol.Need to dig up a 12 pt socket..

But DAMN!!! does it feel good to just be out in the garage,no kids or wife harrassing me. I started feeling like me...

Best of luck with the new project,and don't be scared to post up a few pics!! I've seen some tough project's on this board already,including mine but we all have to purchase within our means.

I enjoyed the last build of yours on the side line, will definitly enjoy a little closer on this one. congrats on the new house. I see some good karma here.

I enjoyed your last build thread lurking on the sidelines as well. I appreciated your effort on that car and also how quickly you work...

now, i will bring it back, and promised to drop the car off with him for a weekend so he can go rowing throw the gears to the car shows.

That is the best part of your story. Hope you and he are friends for life.

Congrats on the score....looking forward to seeing the pictures..

That is the best part of your story. Hope you and he are friends for life.

Congrats on the score....looking forward to seeing the pictures..

joe let me know i ve got it all what you need what do you have to trade now ..................

if your gonna have it striped have it blasted not dipped. looking forward to seeing this one.

Yahoo!
The plotmeister's back!
Actually your past exploits inspire a lot of us to get off our lazy asses and get s**t done.
Can't wait for the pics of this bad boy........

-
Back