Dart debut

-

423dak

Reaction score
Heading to the track this weekend. Car is running, typical new build issues. Just going to the track and see if I can sort out some stuff. Can't do that in the garage. Just a recap, been a long build. Power is out of my 92 Dakota, Magnum 360, now carbed, mopar aluminums, .564 custom ground cam, 750 dom. Engine made 390hp and 406ft/bls torque and still holding a bunch in intake and carb. Hoping for 12.50's. Heres a pic with the fresh paint.

Attachments

• 2012-06-25 12.17.04.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 775
nice looking dart! im subscribed, im considering building a 360 magnum for the same purpose as you so im gonna follow along. Any advice to some one wanting to build the same engine? thanks.

430 gear, 28" tire and 4500 9" ATI I think. The only thing I see better with the magnum other then the obvious with roller cam, is that LA block are getting hard to find. Many Magnums around and I feel they are made from better matierial because of the lack of weatr I've seen in high milege blocks. I will post results next week after the race. Thanks for all the comments.

Nice car. Looks like mine, only nicer. What wheels are those? Are they SBP?

Wheels are Summit. Good price. BBP.

Ordered a set of the Halibrand clones,nice product.Sorted out,should run hard.Good luck.

The debut went great. I almost packed it in before I even tried it. On the way to the track (3 hour tow) the new quarter on the drivers side cut the side wall out of my 28x9 M/T. Also my 2yr old was throwing up. My wife said you came all this way think you best try it. Found a set of 26's that a fellow racer was good enough to lend and mounted them up. Did a half pass then one 1/8 mile time trial. I lost in the forth round on Saturday with a 0.488 red light. Sunday we race 1/4 mile at the same track, first pass out of the box car went 12.18 at 108mph. 60ft was 1.74 which was off from Saturday. I lost in the 3rd round when I took too much stripe and ran a 12.089 on a 12.10 dial hard on the brakes and down 5mph. Car should run 11.90 in good air. Humidity was high and it was like 2700ft on the baro. here is a video clip. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQvWL3XUVUI&feature=share"]VID 00000015 - YouTube[/ame]

Good job! Ran better than you predicted. I'm sure it's got high 11's in it.

In high gear too long. Will be making some adjustment to get the 28's under it. I think that should pick up the top end and also have a smaller 4150 holley to put on it. That should pick up the sixies. Also have not even tough the timing, set it at 35 total and left it. Little tuning won't hurt.

In high gear too long. Will be making some adjustment to get the 28's under it. I think that should pick up the top end and also have a smaller 4150 holley to put on it. That should pick up the sixies. Also have not even tough the timing, set it at 35 total and left it. Little tuning won't hurt.

Good luck sorting it out. Imo that's a great first outing. Car looks to be working pretty darn good. I'm sure there's plenty of people out there runnin' 108 in the quarter that would be thrilled to post 12.0's :).

Thanks. Problem is with darg racing you can never go fast enough!

Nice car, sounds great.
I bet there's at least another 1/2 second you can shave off your e.t. with some tuning!

Never saw that pass,on video. Nice first pass.(yes I know,the damn post is old...lol.).

I love that track. I haven't ran on it yet because every time I'm on the Island I have a minivan and the track is not running that weekend. Someday I'll race there, my father was born in PEI.

Must be an expensive place to race when you add on the toll on the bridge... I would think that might keep some main landers away.

Sweet Dart! You'll get it in the 11's for sure.

Good luck sorting it out. Imo that's a great first outing. Car looks to be working pretty darn good. I'm sure there's plenty of people out there runnin' 108 in the quarter that would be thrilled to post 12.0's :).

That's exactly what I was thinking about the mph.

LOL this is an old post. I am heading into my third season with the car. Last year it ran the best of an 11.67 at 113mph 1.59 in 60'. Not bad for a stock bottom end magnum. I am about
2 1/2 hours from PEI, the bridge fee is not too bad. That track and Miramichi are the closest and the other 2 tracks we run are in NS which are a 6 and 7 hour tows. If you want to race in the Maritimes you better be ready to travel. Thanks for all the interest.

Stay tuned. New engine going in this season. Dyno'd at 90hp more then the old mill!

What does the car weigh with you in it? Still running the 750 dommy?

2123lbs 750 holley 4150 with a choke horn. Cars fits in IHRA stock CM.

-
Back