Dash pieces re-chroming

-

Silent Thunder

Reaction score
I've seen where to buy the center dash in new chrome as well as the gear shift selector but where can I purchase the radio trim plastic in new chrome finish?

You can't unforunately..
I have the same problem myself. Bought a reproduction dash bezel for my '65 Valiant (awesome finish and chrome) but now the radio bezel looks dull. They are not reproduced but I know there are a few companies in the US that can rechrome a nice one with good results. No idea what it costs..

You can't unforunately..
I have the same problem myself. Bought a reproduction dash bezel for my '65 Valiant (awesome finish and chrome) but now the radio bezel looks dull. They are not reproduced but I know there are a few companies in the US that can rechrome a nice one with good results. No idea what it costs..

Got any close up pictures of the aftermarket one?

Hey, had the same problem, if you just get those two than whatever you do to the radio won't match. So I am having Auto Instruments.com do all three. The are actually detailing them for me too.I will let you know when I get them back how well they did. They do all the gauge work too they are out of Collinsville, Va.

Hey, had the same problem, if you just get those two than whatever you do to the radio won't match. So I am having Auto Instruments.com do all three. The are actually detailing them for me too.I will let you know when I get them back how well they did. They do all the gauge work too they are out of Collinsville, Va.

Did you get them back?

Have not got those dash pcs back from Auto instruments (Collinsville, Va.) yet. I called them yesterday complaining, They wanted all the $ the first 2 months and they have had them since the first of the year! In their defense they are calibrating everything and they did say they had to do the artwork for the speedometer. They said the 64 Barracuda was a little different . They are rechroming all the plastic , painting the argent, and detailing all the dash pcs. They promised 2 more weeks. Boy, everything better be perfect!!!

The do it yourself spray chrome does not hold up over time. Seems like the only thing that does is the vacuum process. Had a friend try a plastic chrome door pocket surround on a 64 f100, He had a process he was playing with and it looked good for a year or two then it turned gold in color.

You have to put a little blue tint in the the clear and it must be a very good clear, from what I have found.

Mr. G out of Fort Worth does excellent chrome replating on plastic. He's been in the business at least 20 years and some of his stuff that I've seen looks like it was NOS pieces.

-
Back