Dash Touch-up?

-

APK

Reaction score
I need to touch up some small chip on my 1972 Dodge Dart dash where the ash tray made contact when was probably slammed shut over the years. Any suggestion on what black paint and gloss or semi gloss.

Attachments

• Dash.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 257
You can use some semi gloss model paint and a small detail brush. Or some some rattle can trim paint that you can spray out in a cup and use a touch up brush and do it that way. That's really the only way I can think of doing it besides sanding the whole thing down and repainting it since it has a textured paint, it would be next to impossible to do a proper spot repair. Do you have the rubber bump stops that prevent the ashtray from contacting the dash frame?

I used a spray bomb called " hot rod black".. Sorry dont remember the brand..

I used a spray bomb called " hot rod black".. Sorry dont remember the brand..

I think that stuff is made by SEM. You can also buy it by the quart (4:1) my dad used it on his chevelle dash and it came out perfect. It's easy to get a texture with it since its a thicker paint then most

Bump stops are there, but they are probably the originals. I try the semi-gloss paint with small car model brush.

Thanks

SEMS Landau black is a near perfect match. Also, tapping the lighter on the tray before reinserting it in the well is probably where the paint damage came from.

John deere "blitz black" is an exact match. Your local john deere dealer will have it in a spray can or by the gallon.

-
Back