Daves 1969 Dart Swinger 340 Restoration.

-
wow i had that same car when i was sixteen. sold it to buy a new 1974 duster that i still have today. i'll be resurrecting that in the future. i'll be watching your progress

i just realized your in illinois this could be my old car. but looks like it has found its way to a good home keep up the charge. youv'e done great so far

i just realized your in illinois this could be my old car. but looks like it has found its way to a good home keep up the charge. youv'e done great so far

I've owned it since 1992 .I bought it from a guy out in little rock ,IL who had it since the mid 70's.Thanks I'm on a mission to get it in running restoration condition by the 20th anniversary of me buying it . Lol

I've owned it since 1992 .I bought it from a guy out in little rock ,IL who had it since the mid 70's.Thanks I'm on a mission to get it in running restoration condition by the 20th anniversary of me buying it . Lol

yeah if it's the one i sold it in early seventy four. the guys name was rick morris. from there i have no idea.

Yeah I don't remember the name of the guy I bought it from. I was 17 wasn't really worried about that kind of stuff back then. The field mice in little rock ate the build sheets and I lost the fender tag so it would be great to find the original owner just to be able to verify what options and stuff it came with.

I found an old pic of my dart from when it last ran in thinking around 1995.It was pretty rough then too but it ran great .Joe dirt would have been jealous lol.

Attachments

• my dart 1995.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 746
I picked up some grade 8 bolts from the hardware store and threw on my old bumper to see how everything is lining up.It doesn't look too bad considering how bent and twisted the bumper is lol. I'm thinking I better pick up one of those nice new AMD bumpers to throw on there before I go to much farther so I don't have any surprises down the road after everything is welded in place.
I got some new fancy parts in the mail today.I bought some nice new spring shackles and spring mounts of flee bay. Now I'll be able to bolt the rear springs to the body once I weld up the right frame mount :). Got to have the car sitting on the axles to get all the gaps to line up correctly.

Anybody reading this have a decent set of rear bumper brackets that are not bent and relatively rust free for sale?

Attachments

• dart old bumper 1.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 725
  • dart spring shackles 1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 714
always best to prefit before you weld. good job

CALL THIS GUY HE'S LOCAL AND HE HAS COLLECTED/HOARDED AT LEAST 20 DARTS FOR AS MANY YEARS. I KNOW HE HAS THEM HIS NAME IS JIM 224-688-4352. YOU COULD HAVE THEM TONIGHT

I got trigger happy on ebay and bought a 440.I'll be broke for a few weeks now lol.I Did a little work on the dart last weekend. Life's been kinda getting in the way of me doing very much lately but i got 2 days off and im motivated :). I cut the right sping perch and have it ready for butt welding. Im gonna try to get the thing sitting back on the springs this weekend.

Attachments

• 440.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 642
  • 4407.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 654
I got trigger happy on ebay and bought a 440.I'll be broke for a few weeks now lol.I Did a little work on the dart last weekend. Life's been kinda getting in the way of me doing very much lately but i got 2 days off and im motivated :). I cut the right sping perch and have it ready for butt welding. Im gonna try to get the thing sitting back on the springs this weekend.

wow funny thing happened on the way to buy bumper brackets!!!!!!!! lol

I Passed a mile stone today.I welded in the right rear frame mount and the rear cross member. My car has a solid frame for the first time in probably 20 years.I only had to replace about half of it lol. In the process of bolting up my spring shackles i broke the drivers side spring inside the front spring hanger. i guess i need new springs sooner than later . I got it sitting on its axles now. Time to replace the trunk pan and drop offs.

Attachments

• dart 3 12-4.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 580
  • dart 2 12-4.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 595
  • dart 6 12-4.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 603
go man go!! well you have the number when you want the brackets

if i new you wanted a big block i have a complete 69 383 all orignal untouched still dressed with brackets and accessaries in a d 200 adventurer i would have sold you

Wow just reading threw the post i must say i to are waiting to see all the great work you doing turn in to a really sweet ride good job..

go man go!! well you have the number when you want the brackets

if i new you wanted a big block i have a complete 69 383 all original untouched still dressed with brackets and accessories in a d 200 adventurer i would have sold you
Yeah I still need the brackets . I didn't know I wanted a big block either . I have a mopar junk collecting problem. I was doing good but I fell off the wagon lol:drinkers::drinkers:
Is that a 4 barrel 383 ?:D

I figured since this is a story about a 340 4 speed dart ,there should be picks of a 340 and a 4 speed :prayer:
I know the motor has a 72 intake and 318 valve covers lol.
when i bought it it had a holley 750 dp ,ld340 and M/T valve covers and well they got sold to pay the bills a couple years ago lol.
But hey thats the correct 4 speed carter AVS! :cheers:

Attachments

• 340.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 609
  • a-833.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 562
Awesome.. I just picked up a '69 340/4spd (LM23P9R....) myself and I'll be watching your progress...

You've done great work on this one....

Yeah I still need the brackets . I didn't know I wanted a big block either . I have a mopar junk collecting problem. I was doing good but I fell off the wagon lol:drinkers::drinkers:
Is that a 4 barrel 383 ?:D

no its the original 69 truck engine. but thats the best thing about it it's a virgin

no its the original 69 truck engine. but thats the best thing about it it's a virgin

I hear ya. I like 383's. I think the more I learn about what it takes to put a bb in a dart the more I like small blocks lol. Especially since I don't have to buy anything to put one in. I'm thinking about finding a running 360 and a 360 flywheel to throw in there till I got the $$ to fix the 340 right.

that time of year again to work on the dart lol. started trying to get the donor tail panel to fit the new trunk pan. the dart was hit in the rear at some point in its past life. i pre pulled it out when i had it on the frame rack last year. The trunk floor is about 1/2 too high to mate up with the tail panel. Im guessing when it got hit it pushed the frame up a bit . tryin to come up with a way to pull down the frame rails so it will line up. :violent1::violent1:

Attachments

• 69 dar 001.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 471
  • 69 dar 003.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 442
  • 69 dar 004.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 433
Been having fun stripping undercoating off the dart all week. I'm thinking about trying to find a shop to media blast the underside just to save me some work. Not sure what they made that factory undercoating out of but it worked. Looks like shiny new metal underneath that stuff. I wish they udercoated the whole car! Lol

-
Back