David Vizard, Uncle Tony's garage, Unity motorsport. Mission impossible Dodge 302 Head porting

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have maybe four guys on ignore BUT I still read most of what they post. I only put them on ignore so that I remember to not go out of my way to offer help if and when needed.
If you have them on ignore, why would you then read what they post?

I think the main rationale behind using the 302 heads is to bump compression up compared to a 360 head. They ought to have started with a magnum head.
I think they can do what they like with whatever they like.
None of them are coming here asking for any advice on the build and I don't think they would be interested in what anyone here had to say in the slightest anyway.

I think they can do what they like with whatever they like.
None of them are coming here asking for any advice on the build and I don't think they would be interested in what anyone here had to say in the slightest anyway.

Stupid is stupid. Doing anything with a 302 casting that isn’t because of rules is stupid.

Doesn’t matter what YOU think because it’s evident you think stupid is good.

Thank GOD you have your license.

If you search anything mopar related, fabo is one of the first things that comes up. I'm absolutely certain that these guys know about this forum.

Anyhow, I'm only saying what I would think about doing. The Magnum heads could easily hit the 318hp with zero modifications, and would actually be considered a stock head. I'll repeat it again, if you are having your heads ported by DAVID VIZARD, it's NOT something the AVERAGE NORMAL GUY is going to be able to afford or reproduce. If you send ANY HEADS to DV (or any reputable head porter) for porting, it's going to cost $$$. More than a set of OOTB edelbrocks. At which point, to be honest, it's a stupid *** exercise.

Stupid is stupid. Doing anything with a 302 casting that isn’t because of rules is stupid.

Doesn’t matter what YOU think because it’s evident you think stupid is good.

Thank GOD you have your license.
Congratulations, they are stupid and your are not. God knows why none of them consult you before they start these sort of projects.. It's a mystery.:rolleyes:

If you search anything mopar related, fabo is one of the first things that comes up. I'm absolutely certain that these guys know about this forum.

Anyhow, I'm only saying what I would think about doing. The Magnum heads could easily hit the 318hp with zero modifications, and would actually be considered a stock head. I'll repeat it again, if you are having your heads ported by DAVID VIZARD, it's NOT something the AVERAGE NORMAL GUY is going to be able to afford or reproduce. If you send ANY HEADS to DV (or any reputable head porter) for porting, it's going to cost $$$. More than a set of OOTB edelbrocks. At which point, to be honest, it's a stupid *** exercise.
There's lots of easier ways to do it, that's a "no brainer" and there is no great wisdom in pointing that out, which has been demonstrated, by postings, by the local forum "no brainer" .
But they have chosen to do it the way they want to, working with what they want to.
They are not rookies at this and the whole woulda, coulda, shoulda, about it, is just pointless..

Last edited:
I think I have maybe four guys on ignore BUT I still read most of what they post. I only put them on ignore so that I remember to not go out of my way to offer help if and when needed.
I have three or four on ignore. It's guys that ask for advice, then want to argue when they get it. In reality, they aren't seeking advice, just affirmation that their idea is right. Or the guys who don't have much experience but have "read some theory" or "formula" and want to argue with guys who have been there, done that and have the broken parts to prove it.

I told you why.
Yeah I know, but it's a bit confusing because I thought the whole idea of ignore was so you didn't have to see them in the first place.
I guess what you're really saying is that you read their posts, collect any new information they may have to offer, but then ignore them if you have any information to give.

Last edited:
Yeah I know, but it's a bit confusing because I thought the whole idea of ignore was so you didn't have to see them in the first place.
I guess what you're really saying is that you read their posts, collect any new information they may have to offer, but then ignore them if you have any information to give.

Come on man give me more credit than that. Most of the guys are rock headed guys in the political section that see the wrongs but won’t admit to it. One guy it’s more of a personal reason for something he said to me not once but twice. Another was about something I showed on a post and how to repair something that others may do down the road. And not to panic if it happens. I put stuff out there to hopefully help guys BUT if someone on my ignore list needed additional help it won’t be available

Come on man give me more credit than that. Most of the guys are rock headed guys in the political section that see the wrongs but won’t admit to it. One guy it’s more of a personal reason for something he said to me not once but twice. Another was about something I showed on a post and how to repair something that others may do down the road. And not to panic if it happens. I put stuff out there to hopefully help guys BUT if someone on my ignore list needed additional help it won’t be available
Yeah, I see your point. My bad, sorry, I over shot the hoop on that one..

I hate to keep bringing this up but When you say 318 HP could easily be hit with these heads remember they are using a 2bbl bbd carb.

I hate to keep bringing this up but When you say 318 HP could easily be hit with these heads remember they are using a 2bbl bbd carb.
LOL, now we can start another round of why that's also "crazy", followed by all the inevitable woulda, coulda, shoulda...

2bbl can easily make 318hp just gonna need a little more cr cam and head flow than a 4bbl would to fo the same. Really they should be able to build a 400 + hp with 4bbl and headers with what their doing and see how much hp is killed by 2bbl and exhaust manifolds, should still exceed 318 hp.

I have three or four on ignore. It's guys that ask for advice, then want to argue when they get it. In reality, they aren't seeking advice, just affirmation that their idea is right. Or the guys who don't have much experience but have "read some theory" or "formula" and want to argue with guys who have been there, done that and have the broken parts to prove it.
You mean theories like using the airflow you get to make power?

How did these guys manage that I wonder:

http://wright-here.net/files/articles/phr_1109_sbo/phr_1109_sbo_ocr.pdf

Imagine making 2.2 HP for every CFM the head flows...........430 HP from 316 cubes. Some one should have told these idiots they needed to make the heads bigger not smaller.

All that power from a 145 cc port...........Don't these guys know the experts here know more because they've broken more parts.......Que the but but butters.

Imagine a shitty tiny port making power.........Nah that can't be done. Rumble was right very early in the thread 220 cfm x 2 = 440 HP.

Imagine making 2.2 HP for every CFM the head flows...........430 HP from 316 cubes. Some one should have told these idiots they needed to make the heads bigger not smaller.

All that power from a 145 cc port...........Don't these guys know the experts here know more because they've broken more parts.......Que the but but butters.

Imagine a shitty tiny port making power.........Nah that can't be done. Rumble was right very early in the thread 220 cfm x 2 = 440 HP.
Cool build. Like most Engine Master builds, it's not something the average guy would do, like the engine this thread is about.

Do you build and race your own engines?

It's a kewl build, I like it but it's built for a competition which particular rules and goals, what's point are you trying to make? smaller ports are best ?

Cool build. Like most Engine Master builds, it's not something the average guy would do, like the engine this thread is about.

Do you build and race your own engines?
This thread is about what David Vizard is doing with some shitty tiny heads like those in that previous post that only have a 145 cc port. David's not average nor are those guys. I'm not interested in what the average guy does as that would be an argument for mediocrity. If you are not trying to better yourself everyday than you've made your choice.

What I build and what I race has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with this thread. Facts are facts and engines can be built to make over 2 HP per CFM of airflow that they receive.

Whenever some engine builder of note, posts something on the net, there are always people looking for the opportunity to crawl up their backs and try to stand on their shoulders..

It's a kewl build, I like it but it's built for a competition which particular rules and goals, what's point are you trying to make? smaller ports are best ?

You realize its only receiving 195 CFM......

This thread is about what David Vizard is doing with some shitty tiny heads like those in that previous post that only have a 145 cc port. David's not average nor are those guys. I'm not interested in what the average guy does as that would be an argument for mediocrity. If you are not trying to better yourself everyday than you've made your choice.

What I build and what I race has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with this thread. Facts are facts and engines can be built to make over 2 HP per CFM of airflow that they receive.
I don't think I've questioned Vizards capability, or character for that matter. Nor did I question how much horsepower can be made per CFM.

What I do question is the internet experts who wear the shield forged by others, but never show their own work.

I don't think I've questioned Vizards capability, or character for that matter. Nor did I question how much horsepower can be made per CFM.

What I do question is the internet experts who wear the shield forged by others, but never show their own work.
Facts are Facts.........Irrespective of who presents them or whether you like them.

You realize its only receiving 195 CFM......
Yes I do

I just confused about your position

It seems like you been saying 318 heads are better than 360 or at least to refuse to say 360 can make more power and similar with other makes of engines.

If your point is that lesser heads like eg.. These 318 or 307 ones can be made to make good power if your willing to put time money and energy in even if they don't make the most sense then I'm in agreement with ya.

Yes I do

I just confused about your position

It seems like you been saying 318 heads are better than 360 or at least to refuse to say 360 can make more power and similar with other makes of engines.

If your point is that lesser heads like eg.. These 318 or 307 ones can be made to make good power if your willing to put time money and energy in even if they don't make the most sense then I'm in agreement with ya.
I keep saying the same thing use the CFM the engine gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back