David Vizard, Uncle Tony's garage, Unity motorsport. Mission impossible Dodge 302 Head porting

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
When this thing struggles to make better than 300 HP it's going to be hilarious.

And, sorry to say, it's not "about building what you have laying around".

I've said it 10 times in this thread, if you have to have a world famous guy porting your heads, you absolutely are not building up from some junk you had laying around. That's a completely delusional argument and those continuing to make it, only look like idiots.

I wonder what it would cost to replicate what they are doing?

Last edited:
What a surprise,
No, no surprise at all these 360 and 408 stroker types feeling threatened by some one perusing a 318 build.

I knew it. Another California guy that wants to control the world.
Said the guy to David Vizard when he wanted to build a 318........Everyone should be allowed to build whatever they want. Who cares where he's from he has a right to build what he wants.

No, no surprise at all these 360 and 408 stroker types feeling threatened by some one perusing a 318 build.

Said the guy to David Vizard when he wanted to build a 318........Everyone should be allowed to build whatever they want. Who cares where he's from he has a right to build what he wants.

I didn’t tell him what or what not to build. Who the heck you talking too. I don’t even know him.

@Hysteric , since you are an obvious expert, what's your take on this?

How much power do you think this will make?

Do you think it's something the average Joe can replicate?

What is the ultimate value to the mopar faithful? In other words, what can I take from this and learn and apply to my own builds?

I want to see a 500hp 318. It can be done, so why doesn't UTG build one.
That be show'n how it's done.
He could name it "The little engine that could" :D

A 500 hp 318 would be a pretty cool build, as long as it didn't require nonsense like cutting out giant holes in the block.

@Hysteric , since you are an obvious expert, what's your take on this?
I'm no expert sorry.

How much power do you think this will make?
Who knows and why does it matter?

Do you think it's something the average Joe can replicate?
Everyone that is now a somebody in the hobby was once an average Joe. What makes us the authority that should decide what people can view?

What is the ultimate value to the mopar faithful? In other words, what can I take from this and learn and apply to my own builds?
Value is relative to each individual. the Mopar faithful are who exactly and why do they need a spiritual leader to guide them into what?

You should be grateful to be able to learn anything otherwise you would be forever ignorant and dependent on others. If you have an open mind you can learn lots from this build.

Yeah, that's the kind of bullshit non-answer I expected and completely illustrates why you are the 318 of this forum.

When this thing struggles to make better than 300 HP it's going to be hilarious.

And, sorry to say, it's not "about building what you have laying around".

I've said it 10 times in this thread, if you have to have a world famous guy porting your heads, you absolutely are not building up from some junk you had laying around. That's a completely delusional argument and those continuing to make it, only look like idiots.

I wonder what it would cost to replicate what they are doing?
These friggin idiots think some old guy, some fat guy, and some hack reject magazine guy are gonna co-circle jerk some revolutionary 318 build that's gonna deify all logic....I said early on, I could go get a junkyard 5.9, add a china intake, a shelf cam, and destroy this retarded 318, and probably for 6 or 7 hundred total dollars.

Yeah, that's the kind of bullshit non-answer I expected and completely illustrates why you are the 318 of this forum.
If that's all you took from my reply then there's little in what David Vizard is doing that can help you.

co-circle jerk some revolutionary 318 build that's gonna deify all logic
Please tell us what the logic is? What is your claim that is other peoples expectaion?

I said early on, I could go get a junkyard 5.9, add a china intake, a shelf cam, and destroy this retarded 318, and probably for 6 or 7 hundred total dollars.
I'm sure David and Andy could then take that junkyard 5.9 that you've built and take it further than you are capable of.

Funny most people leave the /6 guys alone but can't stand someone building a 273/318 even though there's miles ahead doing so.

Funny most people leave the /6 guys alone but can't stand someone building a 273/318 even though there's miles ahead doing so.

Only because the 318 guys get so fired up so easily. It’s fun playing with their heads. Lol

302 casting swirl Port heads are as brittle as a bag of peanut brittle

I'm not personally interested in something that's a timebomb. I'd like to see a real world 500 HP 318 build that'd be pretty cool
It should be built with quality components.
All components are interchangeable with the 340 and 360. with the exception of pistons and block.
So really the investment could be mostly recuperated if the engine didn't sell whole.
I'm sure the short block could be sold

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back