Day 1, project trans am series 1965 dart

-
I am so digging this thread, keep up the outstanding work. Sorry, did you say video of this bad boy on the track?

Looks really slick.Shows when someone has done this type of work before!

Im guessing you will delete the back seat.

Some very clean tecnique employed! I also like the small stubs tyeing the cage and rear frame rails together. It's something you dont see every day.

Some great work being done and the engine sounds killer!Best part is,your doing this to an Early-A Dart!Keep up the great progress!:cheers:

thanks
no back seat
the tubs started life has a basic of the shelf piece purchased from a supplier, we then cut them, reshaped, recreated the seam line and duplicated the existing line of the original inner fender, this one wasnt any fun to make, the other side will be much cleaner and easyer now that one has been made and installed....a lot of experimenting went into the first one, the second one is going to be a breeze....
Dodge29

BJ, the numbers were measurements transfered from the original template to the tub, use to cut and shape the fender portion of the tub
thanks

Dodge29

Oh Ok.. I see it now.. Pretty cool! Though it might have been easier to make new tubs after all that.

If you want to run class at Bonneville you'll need to get a rule book from SCTA. Also you'll want to have a Bonneville tech look the car over. It may save you some grief when you pull onto the salt and they tell you you can run. Also, having material on your seats may be a no-go due to fire. Also all the other high speed events go by the SCCA and SCTA rules.

http://www.saltflats.com/

http://www.landracing.com/

Dodge29,

I think this just released Milodon road race pan would keep oil fed to your monster while pulling some serious G's around high speed corners.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1085802

31590.jpg

simple objectives

this car has to be able to be daily driven if i so choose ,
no it will be driven, not a garage or trailer queen

will be a show stopper but probably wont take 1st place, wasnt unloaded 1/2 a block away from the show, was driven there

significant amount or caging will be completed before all is done and said with....been upside down 4 times with little to no injuries, want to keep it that way, my original plan was the salt flats, now that has change a little, sscc all the way....we have just begun to build this car, much more will be done before its done,

very fast, under 3000 lbs, able to brake and turn in dramatic style and performance, better than 180 top speed,

some basic comfort, not for me, but the wife, she must be able to climb into the car and confortable seating, shes the proud owner of a titanium cage in her back, she had L4 & 5 fused and hence the titanium cage, she will definitelly set off airport security.....lol
the ***** loves me and puts up with most of my antics, hence shes got to be able to ride along on sunday drives, been with her 28 years, we go every where together

how are we going to do this,

Rms front and rear suspension ( Bill has been great to deal with )

large Wilwood brakes front and rear, traction control

grand national full float rear axle, gold track, nodular center

small block r3, 4.1 stroke crank, 6.00 rods, custom JE pistons, 447 cid, twin vgt turbos, adjustable boost and computer controled timing system

well plan and executed roll cage, this is not going to be a tube car, would defeat the original purpose of Big Red, i know the second one was a tube car, but the first real pro touring car wasnt

this car has to do everything well.....

time will tell if we can pull it off.....

Dodge29

forte,

we have downloaded scca rules for touring classes and solo class racing, this car will probably fall into group c, i think

Dodge29

forte,

we have downloaded scca rules for touring classes and solo class racing, this car will probably fall into group c, i think

Dodge29

Sounds like a C-Prepared car.

This is John Sanburg's and family C-Prepared AAR

Attachments

• SandbergRedAARCuda1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 645
any more pictures???
very nice car, im gambling on light weight with tons of torque, will have some form of boost and traction control, unfortunatelly without major surgery to the front fenders, going to be limited on front tire sizes....and i want this car to plated, in NC, 35 years and older car do not require any type of state inspection, so as long as horn and working lights, u can get away with it....
thanks

Dodge29

got fed up screwing around with Ohio Crank, kept promising us a 4.1 crank, screw them,
ordered a Scat crank and rods, shipping it to some folks in Miami that will resize the rod journals to 2.00, hence gaining our 4.1 inch stroke crank, dont dare go to any bigger, piston pin will be too high on the piston....change our combination a little, approx 444 cid, ordered JE pistons, as soon as all the pieces are accumulated will get the final pieces perfectly match and balanced at my favourite local machine shop, Allan builds Nascar truck and nationwide series engines for independants....great guy and awsome machine shop....

Dodge29

more pics, please
thanks

Dodge29

In C-prepared I there is a weight break at certain cubic inches, IIRC. If you are serious about C-prepared you need to see and talk with those guys instead of jumping in blindfolded. Not that you car is not capable, just with the rules and all.

Attachments

• SanburgCuda1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 660
  • SandbergRedAARCuda3.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 664
  • SanburgCudaAnd68Cuda.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 684
  • spindles1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 656
Not to distract from this thread. but how about that black one with the gumball? any more on that? Or how about starting a thread of cool Mopar auto-x cars?

AutoX

the car is really being built for silver state classic, in order to run at higher speeds, we need tons of torque, hence lots of cubes and the twins, im sure you realize, but most people dont, that with a 6 speed trans, most cars will actually go faster in 5th gear, insufficeint torque to pull the car in 6th gear, in order to be able to pull in 6th, we need torque and lots of it.....hence large cubes and twin screws....our intent is not to turn this engine very hard, probably 6500rpms, but will be brutal getting there...will run some autocross and some solo, not as serious as sscc

will be able to turn up and down the power by simply adjusting turbo psi's

400hps for daily driving or whatever it takes to pass that superbike

by the way really appreciate the help and advise, im kind of doing this blindly, ask me about dirt open wheel modifieds and will tell you everything you want to know, here im a little lost....
Luke

by the way would love to see a thread for all out autox or scca road racing a bodies, no offence to anyone here, but most here are street cars, be nice to see how radical, some of these can really get, thanks for all the help

Luke

by the way that cuda looks like its running wide five, thats pure stock car stuff....way cool to see
Dodge29

please give me as much feedback as you can, im a roundy round guy with little experience in road racing type cars, really appreciated
thanks

Luke

-
Back