Deceptive tactics!

-

NukeSec1

DUSTinguished
Reaction score
I ONLY joined this site to educate myself about the A Body because my 15 year old chose a '73 Duster as a father / son / "first car" project. I searched the internet and found the A Bodies Only site. Since I have joined I have learned a considerable amount about this cheaply built, yet highly desirable auto. You guys and girls are very passionate about these cars and I respect that. However, all of you are also very deceptive and cunning! You lay in wait for a guy like me. A guy that owns Brand X. I LOVE my '78 Z28 and my 32K original mile '73 Olds Cutlass Supreme. I've been a GM guy since I was 14. Always have, always will, always swore by the GM nameplates that I found exciting. And then I join this site. Asked a few stupid newbie questions and always got input and advice from you, did countless hours of searching and reading old posts, looked at pictures, asked more questions, and posted on threads where I thought I could help to return the favor to the community. Next thing I know I'm on this site everyday and on ClassicOldsmobile.com less and less. It's too late now, but I have come to the realization that I have been sucked in by all of you deceptive and cunning A**HOLES! (Joke!) When we went to look at the '73 Duster that my son eventually decided that he wanted and purchased........the guy had another Duster for sale that was outside of my sons price range. A '71 Duster Twister (?). It was originally (so the story goes) a 318 / 3spd car from California, but had been converted to a 360 / 4spd car at some point in it's life. And although it's a rust free California Car......there isn't a straight body panel on it except the roof and the trunk lid. It looks as though it has been vandalized with a sledge hammer. The entire persona of the car is that of a mid-70's street car. Aluminum 5 slot mags, (dry rotted) big fat meats in the back, air shocks, and it even has fuzzy dice on the rear view mirror. It's orange with a blacked out hood and scoops. The 360 is a milldy warmed 360 with a cam, intake, headers, and carb. And someone that has driven it said "It runs really strong!" I drive past this car twice a day, 4 days a week. It's been there, sitting for awhile. The asking price is $5K. It would need a considerable amount of body work (not from rust) and that's ALL I know for sure!). Given that info, what do you folks think? Oh, yeah.....Thanks to all of you for now getting me hooked on the A Body! A**HOLES! :thebirdm: LOL!

Glad to hear you like the site, we can always use more A$$holes like you!! :toothy10:

The twister sounds like a cool car, banged up panels are better than lots of rust, it can all be replaced. The Twister model had a 340 Sharktooth grille, very spendy and rare, is it still there? Those cars had 318's or slant sixes from the factory. If you see it everyday, you will want it more and more, I would shoot him a lower price and have cash in hand.

Cool that you are working on a car with your son, you will have lots of fun together, good luck!

Hey don't blame us for your not spending any time on "THAT" GM site. You obviously didn't listen to the warning to stay away from the A Bodies Only flashing light but ya had to go in didn't ya. Didn't ya even notice the sign above the entrance that reads "Loose all hope yee who enters here". Well you're screwed now. On to your other dilema, offer the guy 3K for the car after you of course point out all the body dents and tell him it'll cost you 15K to get her straight and painted, maybe it won't but he doesn't have to know that. He'll come back with 4.5K (if he's smart) and you'll settle at 4K. Good luck and we aren't all a##holes here just some of us. :bootysha::toothy10:

By the way my everyday car is a Pontiac so there.

Almost forgot, if you end up buying the car the fuzzy dice are mine as payment for my advice. I'll hang them off the mirror on the Demon, they throw the Rustang drivers off their timing at the tree.

Haha! You have been sucked in! There is no escape from the A-body zone!

My opinion on that situation is approach him with 3500$ Cash in hand, no warning, and knock on his door and say you will give him the cash you have in your hand for that car. But first, more importantly, I say check out the linkages and undercarriage and underneath and look at the engine for what not, But seriously, look closely around the windows, the roof quarter seams, the trunk floor(be sure to pull the spare tire out!!!) and look at the floorpans from underneath and see if you can take it out for a drive too. Check out and see if it has an 8.75 as well. Just be sure to take a good look at everything. Fender tag and build sheet are two big things to have, the build sheet isn't ultra important, but the fender tag is.

I'm not trying to treat you like a noob or anything, just giving my 2cents. You are an awesome guy and I always like seeing your sons project get further and further done. I wish my dad was more into cars so he would help me on my car, but he's just a normal dude. Can you post some pics of that Duster on here? Maybe we can give you a better guestimate

For a big bunch of a$$holes we get along pretty good here eh?? And since you're the newbie and a brand x owner (hopefully former)LOL the 1st round is on you!! And I will take a dbl Southern Comfort on the rocks if ya dont mind!! Post the vin, or partial vin, as well as fendertag, the gang here will be able to decipher if its a twister or not for ya. I could be wrong but I think twisters were either /6 or 318 cars. BTW I dont wait to patiently for my drink, so dont be long with it:bootysha:

A solid rust free car is a nice find, but if you need to replace every piece of exterior sheet metal, is it really worth it? I think you would be better off finding one that doesn't need as much body work. But, to me, the key would be determining just how bad the rear quarters and rear panel are. If they can be saved, make an offer. Everything else is bolt on stuff and easilly replaced.
Funny how Mopars seem to have that affect on us.

I ONLY joined this site to educate myself about the A Body because my 15 year old chose a '73 Duster as a father / son / "first car" project. I searched the internet and found the A Bodies Only site. Since I have joined I have learned a considerable amount about this cheaply built, yet highly desirable auto. You guys and girls are very passionate about these cars and I respect that. However, all of you are also very deceptive and cunning! You lay in wait for a guy like me. A guy that owns Brand X. I LOVE my '78 Z28 and my 32K original mile '73 Olds Cutlass Supreme. I've been a GM guy since I was 14. Always have, always will, always swore by the GM nameplates that I found exciting. And then I join this site. Asked a few stupid newbie questions and always got input and advice from you, did countless hours of searching and reading old posts, looked at pictures, asked more questions, and posted on threads where I thought I could help to return the favor to the community. Next thing I know I'm on this site everyday and on ClassicOldsmobile.com less and less. It's too late now, but I have come to the realization that I have been sucked in by all of you deceptive and cunning A**HOLES! (Joke!) When we went to look at the '73 Duster that my son eventually decided that he wanted and purchased........the guy had another Duster for sale that was outside of my sons price range. A '71 Duster Twister (?). It was originally (so the story goes) a 318 / 3spd car from California, but had been converted to a 360 / 4spd car at some point in it's life. And although it's a rust free California Car......there isn't a straight body panel on it except the roof and the trunk lid. It looks as though it has been vandalized with a sledge hammer. The entire persona of the car is that of a mid-70's street car. Aluminum 5 slot mags, (dry rotted) big fat meats in the back, air shocks, and it even has fuzzy dice on the rear view mirror. It's orange with a blacked out hood and scoops. The 360 is a milldy warmed 360 with a cam, intake, headers, and carb. And someone that has driven it said "It runs really strong!" I drive past this car twice a day, 4 days a week. It's been there, sitting for awhile. The asking price is $5K. It would need a considerable amount of body work (not from rust) and that's ALL I know for sure!). Given that info, what do you folks think? Oh, yeah.....Thanks to all of you for now getting me hooked on the A Body! A**HOLES! :thebirdm: LOL!

SORRY .....TOO LATE!!! if you are building an A body vs a camaro or a chevelle, or a mudstain..... YOU ALREADY ARE an A$$hole!!! LOLOLOL

Mopars in general are RARE, so much so that PARTS...ANY parts are 2 to 3 times more difficult to find and More expensive than their Ford or Chebby counterparts...yet worth the same or less when reselling, unless it is a super rare mopar 70 convertible hemi cuda for example..... hence you are already in with a group of completely crazy people ( myself included) .... crazy about Mopars, crazy about raw power crazy about cars that were designed for speed being some of the lightest, no frills, raw power production vehicles made at the time.... and just plain crazy.....so too late, here you are and you are hooked and you will slowly lose your sanity.......but you will have a bitchen rare car when done....
n joy and welcome aboard

Ya think ya got sucked into this....Wait till you try to get out...we have crazee glued you to the place,Welcome aboard :cheers:

WELCOME TO MOPARDOM.......and by the by, your welcome to join the insanity
Try not to inhale the glue.......We are running short on ASSHOLES at the moment

Hey we were all brain washed by the Pentastar too. Never planned to be recruiters. Remember this, When the next newbie calls us all A-holes, you're included. LOL
Happy moparing

Since you already bought one Duster from him, maybe you will get the frequent buyer discount on this next one!!! 5K sounds like a little too much, but pics of this diamond would sure help!!! Oh, don't blame us early Cuda owners either, it's the Duster guys!!!LOL!!! Welcome to the site and oh, if you sold those Olds your harboring, I'll bet that Twister would be up and running in no time!!!LOL!!! Just a thought!!! Geof

I think you will find that most people here like American made classic cars regardless of make since everything "American" seems to be a dying breed from the top down.

From one A..hole to another, Welcome! If you don't buy that rust free second car for yourself, I will personally come over to your house and let the air out of the tires on your Camaro....LOL toolmanmike

Oh that's just great. Another converted ***@@@@ on this site. What is the internet coming to?

Welcome !
So , you went from G.M. "A" bodies ( Cutlass , et al. ) to MoPar "A" bodies ( Duster , et al. ) ...

... no need to completely abandon your G.M. passion , imo .
Hell , I'll take a early 442 ; I'd even take a Colannade [sp?] body style ( '73 - '77 ) Cutlass ( I've always liked those ) .

Just do everyone a favour : don't go painting your Dusters' engine compartments black !!
Well , not unless the entire car is black :read2: .

p.s. Got any pics of some of your other cars ?

O.K., I think I know why this fellow thinks of us as a-holes, driving the other brands on the road will get them looking at the rear, or ***-end of a good a-body Mopar!! Hence, "where did that asshole come from"? HA-HA.

:cheers:score one more GM victim for the A bodies!!! As for the twister, they're pretty cool cars, and if you really want it, you can use tactics to lower the price (point out dents, new paint, etc)

Ah it worked another convert. I hope all of our tactics keep working and you sell your GM quickly. You will need the money for that Twister.

O.K., I think I know why this fellow thinks of us as a-holes, driving the other brands on the road will get them looking at the rear, or ***-end of a good a-body Mopar!! Hence, "where did that asshole come from"? HA-HA.

HA! I've put many a Mopar behind me in my Z28! All I had to do was press my right foot down and let her 502 do the talking! I did get beat once by a '69 (?) Road Runner 426 Hemi. But I got distracted by the guys wife that was flagging us!

-
Back