Demand and Supply

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those pistons don't have valve reliefs, kinda useless for a performance engine.
Dan I've used these before and you can run a reasonable sized cam and still have adequate piston to valve clearance. If your going to build a fire breathing 318 with a wild cam then cough up the extra couple of hundred for the KB167s. Flycutting valve relifs in them is also an option as Oldmanmopar said - the crown is plenty thick enough. You asked specifically about off the shelf non Forged pistons - std replacement rebuilder pistons, the speed pros or the KBs are your options.
All I'm saying is that the other 2 have more performance parts available than the mopars
That's because there are more of them - it's a bigger market. Still enough parts available to build a high HP small block mopar available - just have a look around this site, plenty of stout motors here.
You were looking for a car when I joined this site 18 months ago.... if you can't find a nice A-body in the USA after 18 months (or more) of looking then you don't really want one - you just want to complain about not having one

Dan I've used these before and you can run a reasonable sized cam and still have adequate piston to valve clearance. If your going to build a fire breathing 318 with a wild cam then cough up the extra couple of hundred for the KB167s. Flycutting valve relifs in them is also an option as Oldmanmopar said - the crown is plenty thick enough. You asked specifically about off the shelf non Forged pistons - std replacement rebuilder pistons, the speed pros or the KBs are your options.

That's because there are more of them - it's a bigger market. Still enough parts available to build a high HP small block mopar available - just have a look around this site, plenty of stout motors here.
You were looking for a car when I joined this site 18 months ago.... if you can't find a nice A-body in the USA after 18 months (or more) of looking then you don't really want one - you just want to complain about not having one
I want one that's for sure. I have looked at some that were supposed to be nice cars and turned out to be project cars

I want one that's for sure. I have looked at some that were supposed to be nice cars and turned out to be project cars
I'm wondering if your version of a project car is way different than what most of us think is a project car.

I'm wondering if your version of a project car is way different than what most of us think is a project car.
To me a project car is a car that needs quarter panels, floor pan etc. and paint work. I don't mind if it needs interior work or the engine or suspension system needs attention. I'm not looking for a car that has ac anymore as that's something that can be easily installed.

To me a project car is a car that needs quarter panels, floor pan etc. and paint work. I don't mind if it needs interior work or the engine or suspension system needs attention. I'm not looking for a car that has ac anymore as that's something that can be easily installed.
Have you looked at this one? Looks like all of the major stuff has been taken care of. Not a trailer queen, but a pretty darn nice driver.

[FOR SALE] - 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger

Don't let him drag you in guys. Dan is a tire kicker and a troll. He will never buy anything.

If he really had $25k and wanted a classic Mopar, he'd have had one by now. It's been YEARS. He's passed on more than a few cars that were absolutely worth the money, literally just going off of cars that have been listed right here on FABO. Forget the dozens of cars that people have shared with him.

No sir, pigs will fly and hell will freeze before Dan buys ANY classic car. He wants to be a classic car guy, but he just isn't. He likes the idea of it, but he ain't that guy.

Don't let him drag you in guys. Dan is a tire kicker and a troll. He will never buy anything.

If he really had $25k and wanted a classic Mopar, he'd have had one by now. It's been YEARS. He's passed on more than a few cars that were absolutely worth the money, literally just going off of cars that have been listed right here on FABO. Forget the dozens of cars that people have shared with him.

No sir, pigs will fly and hell will freeze before Dan buys ANY classic car. He wants to be a classic car guy, but he just isn't. He likes the idea of it, but he ain't that guy.
I've been watching from the fence.

I've been watching from the fence.

Everything you need to know about Dan is in this thread...

1969 dart

Headliner. I mean, really. He says he's worried about the headliner and the seat, both of which are fine especially for the price range he's looking for. Meanwhile, there's a whole host of possible issues he says nothing about until someone else mentions them, then of course he's all about them. Tire kicker.

His hobby is trolling this board, not cars. Just a small sample- every few months, same story, "can't find a car"

NO CLASSIC CARS

Where are the a bodies going

A bodies

No Decent A Bodies

3b4fe325ca757b5fd06dc76f2f903fbaf88c15f81913f0-jpg.jpg

Everything you need to know about Dan is in this thread...

1969 dart

Headliner. I mean, really. He says he's worried about the headliner and the seat, both of which are fine especially for the price range he's looking for. Meanwhile, there's a whole host of possible issues he says nothing about until someone else mentions them, then of course he's all about them. Tire kicker.

His hobby is trolling this board, not cars. Just a small sample- every few months, same story, "can't find a car"

NO CLASSIC CARS

Where are the a bodies going

A bodies

No Decent A Bodies

View attachment 1716122844
Hey there clown, the 1969 dart was 20k, the headliner was trash and the seats were a different color and style as they didn't match the door panels. Also it had a gm alternator which another member pointed out to me and the wiring was a mess on the alternator.

FYI, my budget to spend is 25k. I have money saved but will have to borrow the rest.

Your the troll here

those speedpro sealed power are value... i got 2 sets with rings for $300 a few years ago and there is a $162 set of 8 in 30 over on ebay right now....

Dave

Hey there clown, the 1969 dart was 20k, the headliner was trash and the seats were a different color and style as they didn't match the door panels. Also it had a gm alternator which another member pointed out to me and the wiring was a mess on the alternator.
wow! that'll cost more than 5k to sort for sure so way out of your budget :poke: :rofl:

So you worried about a headliner and seat colors, But no problem rebuilding an engine with new pistons....
Well, I am rooting for you to get a car. And torn between you being full of crap...

My next pole will be how long he'll drag this on and finally reveal the new mustang he bought years ago...

FYI, my budget to spend is 25k. I have money saved but will have to borrow the rest.
i've told you this before and you fail to realize it, if you have to borrow money then that's not your budget. what you have in cash or what you can reasonably get within a day or so is what you have to spend.

if i was selling a car and you were a prospective buyer and started in with a whole spiel about how you have some money, but you're borrowing the rest and need to have the car appraised so that you can get the loan to pay for it i would straight up tell you to pound sand and go on to the next buyer-- even if it was at a lower price, just so i wouldn't have to deal with that ****.

my budget isn't 100K for a car because i could take a note on my house. my budget is the $7000 i have stacked up in a shoebox under my bed.

you need to get real man. this is why everybody thinks you're a nickle dick time waster.

Ok. Now he has Pistons. What rings? Cam, Converter.
And how much power will it make? You know he will need a rear end questions. At his power level how much can his rear end take? Wheels? Wait till he upgrades the rear?

What's the issue with this one? It's not a Twister (A51 on fender tag). It's within the 25k budget 1971 Plymouth Duster
Yes Dan please inform us what is the issue for you with this car?? Its in Mo. it is a 71 Duster. Looks like a nice car to go check out and take cash and dicker if it meets your criteria. Please let us all know. Really.

Im
i've told you this before and you fail to realize it, if you have to borrow money then that's not your budget. what you have in cash or what you can reasonably get within a day or so is what you have to spend.

if i was selling a car and you were a prospective buyer and started in with a whole spiel about how you have some money, but you're borrowing the rest and need to have the car appraised so that you can get the loan to pay for it i would straight up tell you to pound sand and go on to the next buyer-- even if it was at a lower price, just so i wouldn't have to deal with that ****.

my budget isn't 100K for a car because i could take a note on my house. my budget is the $7000 i have stacked up in a shoebox under my bed.

you need to get real man. this is why everybody thinks you're a nickle dick time waster.
I'm going to talk with my local credit union and see if they have signature loans. My bank doesn't do signature loans. I want enough cash on hand to buy a car, pay the sales tax, plates and insurance, I don't believe in drive away tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back