Demo Derby In A What!?

-

DEVIOUSDUSTER

Proud Member
Reaction score
Was at the local demo tonight and saw this! A relatively straight 1969 Oldmobile Cutless painted in the Hurst motif and sporting really nice original keystone wheels. I'm a die hard Mopar guy but even this was a little hard to stomach...

Didn't last long (motor issues) so unfortunately it will live to derby another day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 337
Where in MN? Sucks...I seen many good Mopes and other old cars wrecked here in central MN :banghead:

.....but still looks like fun :glasses7:

I really hate this sort of crap.
What the hell are some people thinking?

I've never understood demo derbys, or for that matter, demo class racing at the local oval. Just ain't real racing to me.

I believe that only frauds should be used in demo derby's but there a hand full of them that could be considered worth saving.
Either ban the derby's or use European cars which again nobody would miss, they crush up real nice with little impact.

I believe that only frauds should be used in demo derby's but there a hand full of them that could be considered worth saving.
Either ban the derby's or use European cars which again nobody would miss, they crush up real nice with little impact.

I agree :D

I think every derby car should be running on 26" rims and have a Ronald McDonald paint job. Seems the only good use for donks.

Derby's are huge in our area and there is some big money spent in the sport. Some of the very competitive guys have more invested in their derby cars than we do in our restorations.

I find it interesting how the 2 hobbies kind of feed off each other. We want the 4 barrels, Suregrips and coupes and they want the 2 barrel, open rears (they weld up later), 4 door varieties. Everything gets used in a round about way.

Better that Olds than what these idiots did to this Chrysler.....:banghead:

There was a really nice '60 Desoto 2 door at the demo derby here this summer. It got seriously smashed by a couple of the regular drivers who planned to take him out early. It was a complete car before the guy stripped it too. What a waste!

Kinda reminds me of a spectator race back in the 70's at a local 1/4 mile oval where a guy wanted to show off his 69 Mach 1 and a POS chevelle T-Bones the guy before the race even started

a guy came in to the store and said my new yorker would make a good derby car.
so i said your face would make a good punching bag
he left

-
Back