Different/interesting ways to say I QUIT

-
It won't flush...... And the running water will wash some of the cement out of it.........

Lay a nice turd, flush, and hold the handle to get as much foam as you can down there!

Asshats.Some poor damn plumber like me will have to deal with it.Bad Bad idea.Did I say bad idea. Bad idea.lol

I got the owner of an auto place I was forman/service writer for to give EVERYONE in the shop a raise right in front of them all, and then gave my notice. :)

Stack your uniforms in a pile at the entrance and dump some kerosene on them ,lite it and say goodbye.Walk off and dont look back.

I have thought the same thing. I figure there is 2 ways to go, the high road, give 2 weeks notice (after composing a 5 page notice)and work out my 2 weeks or just walk in the owners office and say, "I'm glad you got to meet me, the pleasure was all yours." and walk out the door, this would really get him because he is a raving egomaniac. Have thought of just walking out the door without saying a word(usually at least once a week for the last 14 years.
Another good quitting (ok, actually about retiring)song is "Oney" by Johny Cash, where he threatens to punch his supervisor on his last day.

I worked at a Jeep dealer many years ago and as I was getting close to my 90 days I asked the garage manager if I could get a base pay being business was real slow. I was not even pulling minimum wage by the end of the week and staying 10 hours a day. She said YOU chose to be a mechanic DEAL with it. I drove down to the Buick Pontiac dealer at lunch and asked if they had an opening and was hired before I left there. I went back to the Jeep dealer and told her let me know when the GM parts truck arrived to load my box and she said I could not quit because I was her mechanic. I told her as she told me earlier I chose to be a mechanic and I chose to leave so DEAL WITH IT as I was told.

Just give your notice. Previous employers can mess with you in the future. Leave quietly.

Hot damn i gotta remember some of these [nail shoes to door] was my favorite for when i retire,i agree just fade away don't do nothing that may come back on ya you know what they say karmas a b---h. I too am sick and tired of the folks where i work several months ago i was in a funk [state of depression i guess] i was acting like a total assh--e and i was dragged into the office and told to straighten up or else,so i got over my problems and now daily different folks are doing the same thing to me and others and no one says nothing, but i bite my tongue and bear with it, at my age i ain't intrested in startin over but this may be the year they let me go one never knows and it won't suprise me. Good luck in your next job sir.

I worked 38 years for a big company. I've worked for some real nut cases and some wonderful people. The job payed well and I had a family so I stayed through the worst of them. When I finally retired and walked out the door the thought that ran through my mind was..What the hell was that all about??? The management will not give anyone a bad revue, they are afraid of being sued. They'll just tell your new employer the dates you worked there. Keep your revues and use them if needed to seal the deal at your new job.

Wow... There are some real polite, conservative members posting here! I have worked in construction since 1986.
I've been laid off, I've been fired and I have quit. The last job that I quit was in 2009. I took a job but got a call from my primary employer a week later. I hated the new job. the boss was okay, but the work sucked. The owner came out twice to scream and yell that progress was behind schedule. He told everyone that the union hall had 400 guys out of work and that he was willing to "clear out" the job and call the hall for new employees. Two days later I got the callback from my primary employer that I'd worked with for 23 years. The next day, I told the boss: "Today is my last day, and I'm leaving at noon." He was surprised. he replied: "What? You mean you're quitting, JUST like that?" I told him..."Well, when a boss decides to fire someone, he does it, JUST like that." "Well, i hope that company has a lot of work."
I took his words to mean that I wouldn't be welcomed back. Who cares? The company didn't respect their employees. I won't work for bosses like that. Oh, THAT company I quit has since closed up and went bankrupt.
NO tears from me.

I was looking for a job when i came here....and I'll be looking for one when i leave...23 year carpenter...:burnout:

Burning a bridge is a pretty stupid thing to do, especially in today's world....

I love the shrimp thing in his chair, just do it before you give your notice... Turn your two weeks notice in quietly and plan to leave. That way if the boss gets a new chair before you leave you will still have a second chance at it. You will have all the laughs and fun before you have departed the butt wipe.

Wise old man once told me "the more you stir **** the more it stinks"- you never know what twists and turns life might take tomorrow...

-
Back