&%*/^#%*@*&% Disaster Photos

-

2shelbys

Reaction score
Here are some shots of my formerly mint car:

car1.jpg

Just look at the reflectivity in that 40 year old paint.

car4.jpg

car3.jpg

And the one that worries me the most...although it looks like it returned to its original position, the shock tower was pushed far enough over to dent 2 of the header tubes. Frame issues or not?

car2.jpg

I think I am gonna throw up. Sorry to see that man. I hope you find what you need to get her back in shape.

Oh man, that blows. Sorry to see that. I must have missed it but, what happened?......Nevermind, I found the thread.....

And you DIDN'T get out of your car and throw the other driver into oncoming traffic?

Everything is repairable. Just a shame you have to repair it... How the hell did this happen?

And you DIDN'T get out of your car and throw the other driver into oncoming traffic?

Everything is repairable. Just a shame you have to repair it... How the hell did this happen?
The idiot was sitting off to the right side of the road where there was a road on the left. As I came up behind him I saw him looking at me in his mirror so I moved over the the left a little to pass. As I got up to him he actually looked over his shoulder at me and proceeded to turn left from the right side of the street. I actually (with 40-year-old- manual steering) swerved over to where my right side tires were off the left side of the road and my lefts were in the side street and the freaking moron still turned right into me.

That is too bad, but think, it could have been a lot worse. Good thing you are ok and not in jail for beating him senseless! Hope everything goes good with your insurance company and you get your car on the road soon.

The idiot was sitting off to the right side of the road where there was a road on the left. As I came up behind him I saw him looking at me in his mirror so I moved over the the left a little to pass. As I got up to him he actually looked over his shoulder at me and proceeded to turn left from the right side of the street. I actually (with 40-year-old- manual steering) swerved over to where my right side tires were off the left side of the road and my lefts were in the side street and the freaking moron still turned right into me.

i HATE morron drivers

those are sad too look at too.

Breaks my heart :( I had a very similar thing happen also, old lady made a right turn from a left hand turn lane across 3 straight lanes and wiped out my truck in broad daylight. I was pissed then, can't imagine how you feel to have the "survivor" status smashed away by some idiot. I would be in jail for kicking the crap out of the dude. Please tell me that it totaled his car! and yes it could have been alot worse, the repairs to the truck....both fenders, hood, driver wheel, both headlights/turn signals, grille, bumper, header panel, radiator, and most of the driver suspension. Imagine replacing the whole front of the cuda....
As for the shock tower, I'd put it on a frame machine just to be safe..just make sure that the guy yanken on it is gentle, my 75 got a ripped front rail from the frame guy being a little aggressive.

Breaks my heart :( I had a very similar thing happen also, old lady made a right turn from a left hand turn lane across 3 straight lanes and wiped out my truck in broad daylight. I was pissed then, can't imagine how you feel to have the "survivor" status smashed away by some idiot. I would be in jail for kicking the crap out of the dude. Please tell me that it totaled his car! and yes it could have been alot worse, the repairs to the truck....both fenders, hood, driver wheel, both headlights/turn signals, grille, bumper, header panel, radiator, and most of the driver suspension. Imagine replacing the whole front of the cuda....
As for the shock tower, I'd put it on a frame machine just to be safe..just make sure that the guy yanken on it is gentle, my 75 got a ripped front rail from the frame guy being a little aggressive.
I always thought that if this happened I would pound the idiot into an molten mass unrecognizable as formerly human.
I guess I have mellowed with age. He was driving a POS 94 Grand Am that he has another year of payments on so I think that not only is it totalled but he will get less for it than he owes on it. Maybe they'll give him a bag of jellybeans or something for it.

I always thought that if this happened I would pound the idiot into an molten mass unrecognizable as formerly human.
I guess I have mellowed with age. He was driving a POS 94 Grand Am that he has another year of payments on so I think that not only is it totalled but he will get less for it than he owes on it. Maybe they'll give him a bag of jellybeans or something for it.

HA! HA! HA! ROTFL! Thats priceless!:-D

The State Farm rep came out yesterday. He was a genuine car guy. He totally understood trying to maintain as much originality as possible, that I wanted to make the decisions as to what does or doesn't get replaced or painted, and the importance of having the new stripes match the originals. It looks like they are going to do pretty much whatever I want. I can have anyone I want do the actual work. They are even replacing all three of the tires that had the red lines scuffed up even though 2 of the tires themselves are still fine. I'll keep you posted.

The State Farm rep came out yesterday. He was a genuine car guy. He totally understood trying to maintain as much originality as possible, that I wanted to make the decisions as to what does or doesn't get replaced or painted, and the importance of having the new stripes match the originals. It looks like they are going to do pretty much whatever I want. I can have anyone I want do the actual work. They are even replacing all three of the tires that had the red lines scuffed up even though 2 of the tires themselves are still fine. I'll keep you posted.

That makes State Farm look good. Let us know if they keep their promises. Good to hear that they've put your mind at ease. Well, maybe not at ease but you know what I mean.

Man, so many idiot drivers out there.

It hope it works out for you, it sounds promising. That's one sweet car.

Makes me sick looking at your damage. All it takes is a split second & an idiot. Probably won't make you feel any better but here is a pic. of a 65 formula s I got some parts from that faired much worse in a stop sign running accident last year:stop:. Good luck with the repairs.

Oldschoolcuda

good to hear you got a car guy to come look at it and understand what you want done to it. i have a feeling the stripes wont match as over time or originals have probably fadded over time

2shelbys,

I know the feeling very well! I lost this Charger from a $%&$ running a stop sign and t-boning me. I had the right away because there was no stop signs on the road I was on. She told the officer "I just didn't see him coming" I got 13 stiches in my head. Bought the car when I was 17 lost the car when I was 32!

Make sure you have insurance that will cover its worth if it gets totaled. I got $15,500 for the Charger. That's more than what I had invested in the car but I could have sold it for much more than that to the right person.

Good luck with the fix and yeah it could have been worse trust me!

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

sorry to see such a fine car hurt like yours.
Make the best of it and be happy the jerk did not hurt any one.

Keep us posted.

This thread is making me dizzy:stop:

Hey guys. I FOUND AN NOS '69 BARRACUDA FENDER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is even better than that is that State Farm said "That is the only one around so I guess
that is the one we will pay for". SWEET.

-
Back