Do you use the self serve checkouts?

-
Yup.
No regular registers open when I get off 2nd shift at either Giant(grocery) or Walmart.

The whole New Jersey/Oregon gas pumper thing is a total jerkoff of an idea. Those fuckers don't check the oil, fill the tires or wipe the windshield so why should I let them pump the gas? Because it is the law? SOME laws are dumb as **** and I refuse to abide as long as I can get away with it.

Oregon does not allow you to pump your own gas either.

Yeah and if that's not stupid enough, in Oregon if you're getting diesel you can pump your own, if you want gas the attendant is supposed to do it for you. I've had a couple of lively conversation with the zit-faced kid running the pumps when he didn't show up for a while so I pumped my own gas. He threatened to call the cops. I told him I'd call the cops for him. He backed off but was throwing a hissy fit the whole way. Just what this world needs, gas pump nazi's.

nope.. illegal to pump your own gas here..
Wow illegal to pump gas!?
I saw a couple years ago where some county in some state (dont remember) passed a law that did away with the gas stations pumping your gas for you. And there was ppl up in arms because they had to pump there own gas. I thought it was craziest thing. In my life I have only ever seen one place around here that had full service gas and that was 15+ years ago it was a little old country store ran by a little old man. He sold deli meats tobacco candy and gas. He still had the old analog rolling numbers gas pumps. And he would pump your gas for you. The county shut him down because he refused to upgrade his pumps.

Use them at the market, I like to keep track of prices.
Have been overcharged to many times using cashier.
Computer not updated with current pricing.
Maybe just a senior thing.

Had a gas station attendant get into a fight with me, out of state, once because of that.

I got out of my diesel, jammed my credit card into the pump and stuck the nozzle in the fill spout. He came running over, with a friggin baseball bat, because I was pumping my own fuel.

Who knew it was it against the law to pump your own fuel, after paying, in Jersey. Never heard of such a thing, people weren’t that lazy back home that they couldn’t fill up their own vehicle.

running at someone with a baseball bat?
thats a great way to take 3 shots center mass

GTFO, you pay by check? I have not seen that in years...wait, I had to wait behind someone months ago writing a check.....get with it granny! :rofl:

<<EDIT>> My wife drops a check in the plate every sunday, I had forgotton about that one..
I still use a flip phone also. Gotta watch spending so I can have car money. My son says I live in the turn of the century.

What's a check? I had to write one a while back, and I had to think about it for a second.
I refuse to take the debit card the teller keps offering me. It seems to easy to spend that way and if my account gets hacked I just tell the bank I never did an electronic transaction so it was not me.

I use them, or the cashier when I want. I’m not red assed enough to care if it took someone’s job or not, because people simply don’t want to work in those low end jobs anyway. If it took a job nobody wants, what does it matter, and I’m not concerned enough when I’m paying for something to even debate it.

For the record, we went thru the Wendy’s drive they on our way back from horseback riding last night st 8:30. They were just closing, but stayed open long enough to make Nella her nuggets. When I asked the manager why they were closing so early, he flatly mentioned that he could get no help to run the shift, because nobody wants to work, and that they would be closin every night at 8:30.yye math has been done, young people want things handed to them for free, they don’t want to work to get anything because they believe they are owed everything for nothing. End

We were in a neighboring town Saturday to do some Christmas shopping. We went to a fast food place to grab some lunch and there was one lady working, cooking, pulling orders, serving, everything. She was very apologetic that service was slower than usual but she was the only person who showed up for work. She said she had called the owner and he was not able to get anyone to come in and he was tied up at another of his businesses so he could not come in until 4pm. She said she was glad that most people were understanding and she commented that she didn't understand why it was so hard to fill vacant jobs and why those who had accepted jobs would not show up to do them.

Personally I don't .Two reasons .One, it's taking someone's job .Two, I'm not getting paid or a dicount to do it .
Only when I shop two places....
WALFART HOMEDIPPO, because both have some of thee SLOWEST dumb fucks at the register I've ever had the misfortune of encountering. Last time the lady was hammered drunk at home dippo....

I use them, or the cashier when I want. I’m not red assed enough to care if it took someone’s job or not, because people simply don’t want to work in those low end jobs anyway. If it took a job nobody wants, what does it matter, and I’m not concerned enough when I’m paying for something to even debate it.

For the record, we went thru the Wendy’s drive they on our way back from horseback riding last night st 8:30. They were just closing, but stayed open long enough to make Nella her nuggets. When I asked the manager why they were closing so early, he flatly mentioned that he could get no help to run the shift, because nobody wants to work, and that they would be closin every night at 8:30.yye math has been done, young people want things handed to them for free, they don’t want to work to get anything because they believe they are owed everything for nothing. End
I agree with your rant. My son works 60 plus hours a week to better himself at 19 years old. My other halfs son is 30 with 2 kids sits at home and is crying because he just got cut off food stamps because he will not get a job.

Most people disgust me, that's all I can add as sentiment to the stories I'm reading.

Should be legal to berate and maim xenials/melenials.

Most people disgust me, that's all I can add as sentiment to the stories I'm reading.

Not all millennials are lazy.......My son (24 yrs old) has an engineering degree and works as an engineer 40 hours a week. He also works at HEB on weekends. He's a hard worker, makes $40/hr as a junior engineer and $15/hr at the HEB grocery store. He has no debt, owns his own car and pays his own bills....he also has a healthy Roth IRA fund!! Treblig

Not all millennials are lazy.......My son (24 yrs old) has an engineering degree and works as an engineer 40 hours a week. He also works at HEB on weekends. He's a hard worker, makes $40/hr as a junior engineer and $15/hr at the HEB grocery store. He has no debt, owns his own car and pays his own bills....he also has a healthy Roth IRA fund!! Treblig
Hey, you're ruining my old n grumpy moment over here. Lol Jk

Hey, you're ruining my old n grumpy moment over here. Lol Jk
I know, I know.....and I agree with you for the most part but if you're lucky and you raise your kids right you hit the jack pot every now and then. I used to work 100 hours a week in the machine shop so I guess it's in the genes??? I tell my son that he doesn't have to work at HEB for 15 bucks an hour and he says, "But Dad my goal is to be a millionaire so I don't have to work at all". I can't argue with his logic. treblig

I love the millennial hate because most of the time the person is actually bashing the generation that raised millennials and in turn bashing themselves.

Btw I’m 28 which I believe would make me a millennial

:)

I use them because they are faster. There is a huge grocery store I go to. This store has all kinds of goodies from all over the country. There are 4 if you have a cart full of stuff, but only 4 lanes. They also have 3 times as many regular lines open. As far as checks, I use debit card for about 95% of purchases. To pay water bill it's either cash or check. Unless you pay online, but you get a healthy added charge for that.

I love the hell outta them! I can breeze in and out of the store without having to deal with anyone, get my sh*t and go!

Walmart and most places near me that have them, they treat their employees like crap, and those employees don't ever seem to be doing much work anyways, mostly standing around talking, so I don't feel bad if they can't get a better job. Callous, maybe, but it's true.

running at someone with a baseball bat?
thats a great way to take 3 shots center mass

Agreed.

Except my concealed carry permit doesn’t apply in Jersey, so backup had to stay at home.

Come to think of it, I encountered a lot of bizzare stuff on that round trip. I didn’t know all gas stations shut down after midnight in NYC.

Talk about a hairy experience, running on fumes in Manhattan at 2am. The gas station attendant is behind bullet proof glass and refuses to turn the pumps on, all while shady folks keep checking out your vehicle, driving around the block and doing it again.

...my goal is to be a millionaire so I don't have to work at all.. treblig
Keep thinking that.. I used to think a mil in the bank was the ticket to financial freedom. Thats when the interest rate was 6.5% and you could theoretically live on 65K a year on the interest alone. Nowadays, your lucky to get 2% (20K) , or risk it in some high yield investment. Ill just keep plodding along in my job. Ive been on vacation for almost 2 weeks now and im going F'n stir crazy at home. My retirement goal would be to sell it all, buy a killer Diesel pusher RV and tour America with the old lady. See it all before I check out. Kids can have the rest.

Self checkouts arejust another ploy to reduce the labor force . General Motors is closing 4 assembly plants and laying off 15,000 workers . Not closing any plants on Mexico or China . My Home Cheapo is 150,000 sq.ft. and 4 people working there 3 of the are security . sucks bad . I refuse to go there . Mom and Pop businesses for me .

I avoid the self checkouts mainly because of the job loss and profit increase.
Reason places like this dont have employees?
1) employers treat them like ****
2) Everyone wants to be the president before their first job. Work up the ladder!
3) too lazy because they were never taught to work for something.
4) mommy and daddy give them everything for nothing.

I know the local Wally mart has applications coming out of their rear ends but at the end of the day all they care about is how they can fatten their wallets. They dont care about the customer because it's the main place to shop with very little competition.

Mcdumpsters is also going to self ordering. Where will these high school kids work ?
Hell they wont take a summer farming job because it's too hard. I bet if they started in tobacco, and cucumbers they will be begging for a easier job at other low paying jobs.
Jobs will become extinct someday and nobody will have an income because the robot does it.

Apparently I am considered a millennial (1982) I work 60 hr weeks 52 weeks of the year.

Also the local farmers hate hiring summer students because they dont have time to babysit these children to work.
So they bring in seasonal workers from other countries (Jamaica, mexicans) because they are willing to work and willing to do the jobs the candy assed kids wont do. In the end. The past candy assed kids hurt it for the next generation

I also have a 14 yr old step son that I am showing that work gets you what u want. I bought him a $500 fox mustang shell. It's his job to make money to get parts. 1 year later and his dad wont let him get a job. (Lives with his father)

Keep thinking that.. I used to think a mil in the bank was the ticket to financial freedom. Thats when the interest rate was 6.5% and you could theoretically live on 65K a year on the interest alone. Nowadays, your lucky to get 2% (20K) , or risk it in some high yield investment. Ill just keep plodding along in my job. Ive been on vacation for almost 2 weeks now and im going F'n stir crazy at home. My retirement goal would be to sell it all, buy a killer Diesel pusher RV and tour America with the old lady. See it all before I check out. Kids can have the rest.

You are correct but fortunately (or unfortunately) interest rates cycle up and down over 10/20/30 year periods, they have been pretty low for some time now and are finally starting to rise. Me, my son and my wife are currently getting 3.4 percent return on our Roth IRA CDs ($1000 min). This rate is good for 30 months and is Federally insured (Federal Credit Union) up to 250K. There is another credit union here in town offering 3.25 percent on 7 year CDs.
If you look at the chart on this website you can see that rates have been increasing for the last 5 years and if rates follow past history they should continue to rise for quite a few more years before they start too cycle down again, in fact, the Federal Reserve has recently stated that they plan to increase interest rates in the near future (Dec) to stabilize the economy:
CD Rates Summary November 20, 2018

Interest rates were in the 12/13 percent range back in the early 80s and ,if history is any indicator, rates should get up into the 5/6/7/8 percent range within the next few years??

One million dollars will make you $181,959.00 in 5 years ($36,391/yr) at 3.4 percent. That's not quite enough to live on but if interest rates keep rising it should be possible.

I always plan ahead so that I never have to do anything today!!! treblig

-
Back