Dodge back in Nascar ?

-

jim

Reaction score
Sergio Marchionne with FCA is looking to put Dodge back in NASCAR. Read it on MSN article

I heard they just dropped out of NHRA Pro Stock. Any truth to that or are they just switching because it makes more economical sense with advertising dollars?

I heard they are done backing prostock . I would absolutely love to see the charger back on the circle tracks

Nevermind the Charger...use the Challenger....was in Xfinity series not long ago, and they're more than half the field in NASCAR Canadian Tire Series. (formerly CASCAR)

nascar-canadian-tire-series-riverside-537x350.png

There was a neat article on Zombie dodges in NASCAR. I'll have to see if I can find it.

Each manufacturer does indeed build their own engines. They just have specs and limits they must meet.

Pro sTock sponsor maybe a million or two...

Nascar sponsor probably 25 million.......per team...

I heard they just dropped out of NHRA Pro Stock. Any truth to that or are they just switching because it makes more economical sense with advertising dollars?
Heard they were having trouble with the new EFI systems. Just weren't making the power, so were behind on the learning curve. Maybe true, maybe false. Anyone hear something?

Dodge Released a statement that they would no longer sponsor a team in PS...they would provide funding to the Schumacher funny cars....AJ said he still gets parts and engineering help from Mopar...

Nice. Dump AJ, lure Enders and the Elite Motorsports Team over to Dodge on a multi-year deal and then dump them after a year. Same thing in Nascar - win the first championship in 40-something years with Keselowski and then dump the entire program. They're unreliable - here today gone tomorrow. I don't know how they are going to get anyone to run with them cause they simply can't be trusted to be there for any length of time.

Each manufacturer does indeed build their own engines. They just have specs and limits they must meet.

I guess I did get a little overzealous with my statement! LOL I meant more along the lines of none of the motors run by any of the mfg's participating in NASCAR look anything like those same mfg's production engines. NASCAR dictates the specs so much that all of the different mfg's race engines bear a striking resemblance to each other. The R7P5OU812...or whatever they were Mopar motors didn't look like anything Chrysler ever offered. Toyota race motors? Phhht, forget about it! No longer having a local track to go to on Friday nights kind of made me lose interest in NASCAR. Especially after they started the C.O.T. cookie cutter stuff.

Haven't watched since the late 70's. It was about the cars, back then.

-
Back