Dodge Dart Appraisal

-

Johnjgonzo8D

Reaction score
I was curious on how much do you guys think that I could sell my 1964 Dodge Dart GT with the Slant Six engine. I've put in a new alternator, battery, and replaced the radiator, I got upper control arms and new bushings, and new tires. I will post pictures as well.

These are pictures of my car, it runs great.

Attachments

• IMG_0294.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_0807.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_0717.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0721.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 318
I wish you were closer. Looks like a nice car. tmm

research your car-- your car looks very nice but will have a limited market. check the sale ads here & on ebay see what similar cars are selling for . early a cars do not bring much coin-- unless it is a special vehicle--.
Slant cars are not in that category-- unless you have put some performance goodies on it. Lawrence

So I looked and it seems like 10,000 is about the price they go for. Do you guys think that is fair?

I looked up my 66. Looks like $10,700 with out a repaint and about $16,000 painted. Lower than I thought. You rarely get your investment back. It's all about the enjoyment you get out of it. What do you need to get out of your 64? tmm

That is a damn nice looking 64 but as stated before there isn't as big a market for early A's as there is for the later ones. I would say somewhere between $ 8500.00 and $ 10,000.00 but it might take a while for the right guy to come along. Good luck.

Too me, it seems 10 g is high. BUT we are in So Cal so who knows

10k is way high for a slant 6 early A body. When checking comparables, make sure you're looking at sold prices not asking prices. Where are the engine compartment pics?

Start high, come down if you don't get any takers...it's easier to drop the price than raise it

Having just sold my 66 Barracuda last fall, I can tell you that you won't get $10k for that car, most likely. Hate to burst your bubble, but it's the truth. I had a LOT of interest in my car, but most people wanted to lowball me. I finally found the right buyer who knew what I had and could tell that it was a lot of car for the money.

Here is the ad for my car so you can compare.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=292104

You guys should try selling at classic car auctions. Im not talking Barrett Jackson, theres lots of other open to the public sales where cars do good money. I watched a 65 barracuda do 22000 last year, all depends who wants it.

You guys should try selling at classic car auctions. Im not talking Barrett Jackson, theres lots of other open to the public sales where cars do good money. I watched a 65 barracuda do 22000 last year, all depends who wants it.

Well said! There isn't a person here that would turn down good money for a car they are selling. Whether you agree with the selling prices at auctions or the NADA prices that's what some of these cars go for. Now from the buyers side of the fence, I would be interested in buying this car for $3-5000 but the buyer and seller are miles apart. If I had enough money and really wanted this car, $10,000 might be a reasonable price for me to pay. It's all about what both parties are comfortable with. tmm

-
Back