Does anyone like 4 door A body mopes?

-
My 74. 318 4spd. 27k miles

1709468629634.jpeg

1975 Dart Custom 318/auto/ac/ps/pdb/stereo/bench. 30K miles.
I bought it two years ago for 3k, just like you would have any good condition five-year-old 30k mile car back in 1980 to get around town. It's going to get used up over the next 20 years. That's just the way it is with cheap family economy cars.
The 318 is nice whipping in and out of traffic around town, but I would rather have the 225 on the interstate. If you've not cruised a 225 A body at 75 mph for hours, well, you might not understand.

Four door attributes.
Easy to get in and out of.
Short doors, less door banging in the parking lot.
Easy access to back seat floor for stuff that don't belong on the clean
seats.
Excellent visibility.
Wing windows for wet driving.
Better back window part way down breeze control so as not to mess up my new hairdo.

The bad, more weather stripping.

Other A body attributes for running around town.
Seats are at a convenient height.
Lots of suspension travel and tire rubber for bad city streets. That's a "really" big deal.
Decent door protection.
Impressive trunk.
Good bumper protection on later ones.

View attachment 1716215563
So very well said. Bravo to ya!

People tell me I should get something like a coupe or a Dart sport or Plymouth Duster. I say nah, l like my 73 Dart custom sedan.

View attachment 1716215387
Ant, how does one know if his car is a custom vs. any other of the trim lines?

I want to say all of these cars shown are gorgeous in there own right. I never knew how beautiful a crew cab A body could be.

I have always thought it so sad that 99% of guys think of four doors as jusr parts cars. Yea good we have some of the 1%' ers here! I rlate to them as I have a 60s era teenager I guess.\\

Funny how the only GM I amever attracted to at a locl carshow is the guy and s family sitting there with their four door tri five chevy. I always get into a conversation and find the (usually a family in their late 30's) love that car so much and they always apologize for it not have 2 doors. Down to earth people with pure hearts and NO ego. I seem to find one at every little local show.

I also find that as we get older, our tastes and/or needs change. Like the kid that hated tomatoes then 10 years later love them!

Cars are not just freedom to move or the seat of the pants rush from hp and torque, they are rolling ART> Plenty of cool looking more doors.

But,, I will say, easier for my old *** to gt in and out of a two door!!!! :BangHead: :thumbsup:

I have always thought it so sad that 99% of guys think of four doors as jusr parts cars. Yea good we have some of the 1%' ers here! I rlate to them as I have a 60s era teenager I guess.\\

Funny how the only GM I amever attracted to at a locl carshow is the guy and s family sitting there with their four door tri five chevy. I always get into a conversation and find the (usually a family in their late 30's) love that car so much and they always apologize for it not have 2 doors. Down to earth people with pure hearts and NO ego. I seem to find one at every little local show.

I also find that as we get older, our tastes and/or needs change. Like the kid that hated tomatoes then 10 years later love them!

Cars are not just freedom to move or the seat of the pants rush from hp and torque, they are rolling ART> Plenty of cool looking more doors.

But,, I will say, easier for my old *** to gt in and out of a two door!!!! :BangHead: :thumbsup:
No way I could have said it better! Pure "waxing eloquence".

Oldmanmopar,
Do you have front arm rests that you can sell me? Mine is a '73 Dart, 4-door. Apparently, there is a difference in the armrests between 4 and 2 door cars. All of the '73 armrests on ebay are different than mine. (Am I allowed to ask that on this forum? Or maybe wrong place to ask?)
And yes, those are great parts cars. Lots of pristine looking pieces on those!
These have been sitting around for many years. There are more here somewhere but this is what I found for now. There looks to be more of different colors, I'll have my wife clean them up and then send you better pictures

100_0118.JPG

100_0119.JPG

100_0120.JPG

Holy crap!! Feast your eyes on all of that. WOW!! I wonder how many different greens Dodge made. More than one? Yeah, I'll take some off your hands. I very much appreciate that. Very impressive pictures! Thanks.

This is my 4 door.
75 Dart SE
318 w/ A/C and every option you could get except FM radio. I bought it from the original owner and I asked why he didn't spring for the FM radio, he said he didn't think that "fad" would last.
This thing is a neat little sleeper. Quiet exhaust, wheel covers, and will leave two black marks on the pavement on command.
My 4 door will do anything a 2 door will do, and easier to get in and out of.
Having said that, I have a Duster that is a ton of fun as well.

dart1.JPG

This is my 4 door.
75 Dart SE
318 w/ A/C and every option you could get except FM radio. I bought it from the original owner and I asked why he didn't spring for the FM radio, he said he didn't think that "fad" would last.
This thing is a neat little sleeper. Quiet exhaust, wheel covers, and will leave two black marks on the pavement on command.

View attachment 1716222075
That's very beautiful! Is that the original paint and vinyl top? What does the emblem say on the C-pillar? I'm hoping my restoration turns out like that.

This is my 4 door.
75 Dart SE

View attachment 1716222075
And it could be purchased with a 360 too. My neighbored did in 75. He towed a 20 ft camper with it. He drove it for 20 years with good maintenance practices. No mods.

That's very beautiful! Is that the original paint and vinyl top? What does the emblem say on the C-pillar? I'm hoping my restoration turns out like that.
The car is a survivor car. Everything is original. The paint was buffed a couple of years ago, but other than that, it's what was sprayed on at the factory.
The emblem on the C pillar says "Special Edition".
I have done basic maintenance and upkeep with wear and tear items. I've replaced brake pads and shoes with new old stock parts. The bias ply tires had to go and radials were put on. I did have to replace the shocks. Seems that 45 yr old shocks tend to give up the ghost. I also did a 134a retro fit. That was done with great advice from @slantsixdan which I'm extremely grateful for.
Overall it's a neat car. I plan to bring it to Holley Moparty this September. Hopefully it'll be part of the Survivor display. If you can make it, you're welcome to come look it over if you'd like.

how does one know if his car is a custom vs. any other of the trim lines?

If the emblems are missing, check the VIN's first two characters. LL= Dart ("Dart 170" through '69) ; LH= Dart Custom ("Dart 270" through '69). Works the same with Valiants; VL= low trim line, VH= high trim line. There was also a "P" for premium, originally applied to the Dart GT and Valiant Signet. Signet eventually replaced V200 as the name for the high-trim Valiants (even 4-doors), so at that point a Signet was a VH rather than a VP. I don't know if the P trim was ever applied at the VIN level to a 4-door. Maybe the last-few-years Dart Special Edition and Valiant Brougham.

-
Back