tinman2

Too Broke for Missiles, Switching to Guns
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Wilkesboro, NC
wilkesborodragway.com
August13, 2016
0685782a8d71ab9e08827974cc551886.jpg

Super Cool! Don was one of many Chrysler Stars who left us way too soon. Did FABO know that Greg Anderson was Don's crewchief? Yea that Greg Anderson.

Super Cool! Don was one of many Chrysler Stars who left us way too soon. Did FABO know that Greg Anderson was Don's crewchief? Yea that Greg Anderson.
Greg Anderson was Warren Johnson's crew chief. Joe Pappas, Dick Oldfield and Clyde Hodges were Don Carlton's crew chiefs.

Well maybe I was wrong, but I saw a post that Greg was there when Don crashed the Colt and was one of the crew or the crew chief.

I sold the guy who restored that wire car a SS water pump, brought it to him down in El Toro and then he showed me that car in his shop. Wow....

Prior to his work with WJ, Greg was a crew chief for Mopar Racer John Hagen so it is possible he was in attendance for Carlton's accident.

He didn't work on the Missle Crew.

Greg Anderson was Warren Johnson's crew chief. Joe Pappas, Dick Oldfield and Clyde Hodges were Don Carlton's crew chiefs.
And I might add, Joe Pappas is doing a great job showing the cars. Your tent at the Nats should not be missed.

I first learned of Don's accident at Milan Dragway on the Sunday after. They had a moment of silence for him.

i sat in the mopar missle at rockingham dragway
in 1973-74 when don had the car
he was a great racer and person
always had time to visit and talk
it was a thrill

Prior to his work with WJ, Greg was a crew chief for Mopar Racer John Hagen so it is possible he was in attendance for Carlton's accident.

He didn't work on the Missle Crew.

Sorry I was wrong, I know he didn't work on the Missile.
He was John Hagen's crew chief. He was the last one to talk with John Hagen.

-
Back