Done buisness with Gastanks.com???????

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has any of you done buisness with gastanks.com/Quanta? I need a new tank for my 66 Dart and they look like the place to go. Their tanks have a 3 Year guarantee and are reasonablly priced. They also have straps,senders and line kits which all look like good stuff. Mike

All most every tank and sending unit come from them. I bought mine from Mancini and it had Quanta's name on the pkg.

Quanta gas tanks are really big in the Corvette hobby. They have been in business for a long time, with a good reputation, and are the accepted standard replacement fuel tank for the guys that are chasing NCRS scoring points.

I would not hesitate to buy anything from that company.

George
formerCorvettegod

I got my tank,straps,and stainless fuel lines from them all excellent pieces,would'nt hesitate to use them again..

If you get screwed by them I can stop in - they're 3 miles from my house and I drive past their place all the time.

:)

Thanks toolmanmike for starting this thread. I was also looking for a replacement gas tank and accessories and after checking out this site and the comments posted here, I just ordered "a buch" of stuff from the site.

I've purchased three A-Body tanks and sending units from them thus far; excellent service each and every time. Should not be a problem.

Ray

Great responses guys. Much appreciated! That's why this site is is tops in my book. MIke

My biggest concern is that the chgeaper tank says it fits all Barracudas from 64 through 69. Quanta lists 3 different tanks to cover the same range. I compared the pictures & the cheaper tank seems to look like a sort of conglomeration of the 3 tanks sold by Quanta, so it might be more of a "one size fits all" deal. It might fit, but not be an exact copy or something like that. It might also be that the ebay seller asks what specific year & model you have when you buy one & then they supply the correct tank. If you buy one for your 66 I'd be interested to know how you like it because I plan to replace my tank sometime.

UPDATE

I asked the seller about these tanks & received an answer this morning. Here is a copy of my question & a copy of their reply.

Original question:

I have seen other places list 3 different tanks to cover the same range of cars. Do you supply different tanks depending on what year car the buyer has or is this more of a universal tank that fits the models listed but isn't an exact duplicate of the original?

Reply:

In a message dated 1/16/08 1:17:25 AM Eastern Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

I have seen other places list 3 different tanks to cover the same range of cars. Do you supply different tanks depending on what year car the buyer has

yes...

The seller's reply was from [email protected] I think I remember a post awhile back that complained about this seller but don't recall what the complaint was. I bought anti-sway bars from Srcorn about a year ago & had no problems with him.

Stuck home today because of snow (darn). If I can't make money I might just as well spend some. LOL Placed my Quanta order this morning. I talked to Dave. Nice guy. From what everyone says they have top quality and great service. I bought a gas tank, strap, 3/8" sender, and 3/8"lines from tank to fuel pump. Mike

No way will one tank fit all those years. 67 used one strap that went from frame rail to frame rail. 68 and later used 2 straps that ran front to rear.

I just bought a tank from the same person on ebay. After the auction they ask you to specify the year you need it for. Mine seems to be a nice quaility unit that was made in Canada. It installed nicely and no leaks. It came with a new locking ring and gasket also. Jeff

Recieved my fuel line a couple days ago. Got the tank, sender, and strap
yesterday. All look like first quality stuff. Mike

i've used quanta for all my mopars in the shop. about 6-8 tanks, 10 sending units, lines, etc. all of their tanks come with a ring and a seal. so do the sending units.

I bought a tank, straps, j-bolts, seal etc from Quanta at Carlisle. Nice people and everything fit nicely no problems. I would definitely buy from them again.

i got a tank, sending unit and fuel line from them, they all fit great and work excellent. Didn't fix my gas guage, but i dont think that has anything to do with the sending unit. Only problem i had was when i was "unfolding" the fuel line to put in the car, i bent it in the wrong place and kinked it, had to cut it out and put some hose in its place, but it works.

-
Back