dougs headers

-
Hey

I've seen the dougs and they look like they fit great.....I was told they have better ground clearance then the TTIs.....Is there any way you guys could take a pic of the bottom clearance or messure them up?

Ask and ye shall receive! I just got my Doug's headers in and Like them! They have all the room in the world on the passenger side but they are TIGHT up against the steering box on the drivers side. They do offer excellent ground clearance which seems to be an issue with most Header suppliers. I have run TTI and now Dougs. I would consider them darn close in fit/quality myself. If you need additional pics or info just let me know. My good friend is Direct with Dougs and I can get you all some good deals if you want a set! Cheaper then Summit! :cheers:

Hey

I've seen the dougs and they look like they fit great.....I was told they have better ground clearance then the TTIs.....Is there any way you guys could take a pic of the bottom clearance or messure them up?

Is this what you are asking for? About 5" clearance on my 69 Fastback with Doug's.

header1.JPG

Regarding bottom clearance. Go to my gallery, 69 swinger coming out of the barn onto the street, and check the shot showing the headers hanging down. Different car, and even though it's on stands you can see how low the collectors look in relationship to the pan. Hope this gives you some idea.

Ask and ye shall receive! I just got my Doug's headers in and Like them! They have all the room in the world on the passenger side but they are TIGHT up against the steering box on the drivers side. They do offer excellent ground clearance which seems to be an issue with most Header suppliers. I have run TTI and now Dougs. I would consider them darn close in fit/quality myself. If you need additional pics or info just let me know. My good friend is Direct with Dougs and I can get you all some good deals if you want a set! Cheaper then Summit! :cheers:

Aaron

All of Doug's paperwork and application book state that these DO NOT fit the 727 although I have seen people use them with the 727 trans. Not sure what they did though? Was it the starter guys?

Starter for sure. I bought mine when I started my project in late 2006. Body guy took way longer than planned so I just got to putting them in early this spring. I'm mentioning this in case Doug's literature has changed. But, the instructions I got with mine specifically state that when running a 727 you must use the Chrysler ome (Mitsubishi) mini starter and lists the part number. I'll get the p/n out of the garage after work and post it. Dunno if that info has changed since 06.

I had the same issues with 2 sets of tti headers and z bars. Have to move the downleg over because it hits a tube at almost 12 o'clock position. My Dougs were exactly the same.

Why not buy another z bar and modify it. Then you have the stock bar if you go back to std exhaust. Unless you are doing the 100 point show circuit, nobody will care.

Thanks very much of the info. It's certainly not a points car just a real nice driver. When you mod the z bar did it affect the geometry? Was the clutch any differrent or harder to operate? Thx.

Thanks very much of the info. It's certainly not a points car just a real nice driver. When you mod the z bar did it affect the geometry? Was the clutch any differrent or harder to operate? Thx.

As long as you keep the clocking position of the lower, relative to the upper arm, you should be OK.

All the cars I've done it to have not had a problem except one. That car had a Lakewood Bell swap and rotten issues until we figured out the source. It was the Bellhousing not the linkage.

As long as you keep the clocking position of the lower, relative to the upper arm, you should be OK.

All the cars I've done it to have not had a problem except one. That car had a Lakewood Bell swap and rotten issues until we figured out the source. It was the Bellhousing not the linkage.
Thanks Crackedback! One last thing, not meaning to hijack the thread but have you had starter issues using Doug's on you 340's? Can you provide starter manufacturers and part numbers that will work with Doug's for 340 4 spd application? Thanks for all the help!

Thanks Crackedback! One last thing, not meaning to hijack the thread but have you had starter issues using Doug's on you 340's? Can you provide starter manufacturers and part numbers that will work with Doug's for 340 4 spd application? Thanks for all the help!

Junkyard mini-starters for me... $15-20 a pop. I grab them off of late model truck/van with 318 & 360's.

I had a full size starter on my car with Hookers and it was a pain.

Happy to help. Got any other questions, fire away. 8)

I have another post going about running D453's with 727. I just wanted to let everyone know that i called Petronix and they told me that you CAN run these headers with a 727 if you use a mini starter
(they specifically said Mopar Mini starter)

Suregrip, I'm installing a set of these Dougs right now and am having clearance issues around the PS. Is this similar to the experience you had? Thanks

-
Back