Drag link for a 63 Dart

-

oldguy

Reaction score
Was trying to get the front end rebuilt on my Dart. The guy says my drag link is rubbing on the pan. This is a slant 6. Is there supposed to be a drop link on the Dart? Or is there possibly another problem? Thanks for any help. Mike

Sometimes the motor mounts wear and sag enough to cause this. Just something to check.

X's 2
Also, if the engine was replaced at some point the oil pan may be of a different configuration. Either way, if mounts are good, I would just shim up both mounts to clear the centerlink.

I hate shims myself but as a last resort I guess I would. You might want to find a '64-6 A-body V8 drag link that has a deeper drop in the middle. First check to see if the mounts are the correct ones and aren't squashed.

Okay, brought it home to check it out. The motor mounts are good. We used the oil pan of the original engine when we did the swap. The engine came out of a 1972 Dart. I'm now wondering if the newer mounts are thinner than the mounts on the old engine. The steering has been a little stiff since the swap but I thought it was because I had adjusted the steering box. It really sucks when you get old and can't crawl under your car anymore!!! LOL Can't imagine why we didn't notice this problem.

The 67 up mounts are about 1/2 the thickness of the 66 and earlier ones. They also wont fit quite well.

Okay the conclusion. The drivers side mount was okay but the passenger side needed a spacer. It now drives like it has power steering! Thanks for the help. Mike

The 67 up mounts are about 1/2 the thickness of the 66 and earlier ones. They also wont fit quite well.
You got that right, The old ones are like bricks and the new ones are like grilled cheese sandwiches!

-
Back