Drag Truck Part 2 "blackmark redemption"

-
what is it? stroker for what and what cubic inch?? what company? That's 2700 dollars you listed, and I still need a camshaft, intake, carburetor, heads, and still would have to pay for the motor. Looks like that could turn into a 4500 dollar motor pretty quick.
You have the heads and those are the rockers that would fit them likely...
440 source for a 440...

440 source for a 440...
so 2700 you listed plus the 730 I have into the heads is 3430. Now I need a intake, carb, cam & lifters, pushrods, rockers plus pay for the motor. I think that 3430 just climbed over 4k real quick.

so 2700 you listed plus the 730 I have into the heads is 3430. Now I need a intake, carb, cam & lifters, pushrods, rockers plus pay for the motor. I think that 3430 just climbed over 4k real quick.
Somehow you have this 6K calculation for my motor in your head and I don't like to argue that point with you anymore so let's just put it at $1,000 a year now and going down.. and again enjoying all of that power every time... And if I don't do anything catastrophically stupid many years to come. And six more years it will be $500 a year and still enjoying..Again doing it once and doing it right for once not just seeing how long old parts will hold together...

440 source for a 440...
Here, let me help you understand. I'm hoping to buy and build the motor for 2k or less.

Somehow you have this 6K calculation for my motor in your head and I don't like to argue that point with you anymore so let's just put it at $1,000 a year now and going down.. and again enjoying all of that power every time... And if I don't do anything catastrophically stupid many years to come. And six more years it will be $500 a year and still enjoying..Again doing it once and doing it right for once not just seeing how long old parts will hold together...
Pretty soon the motor will have paid you 6k... LOL :D

So these Motors you've seen them run?..
no, I'll see them tomorrow if nothings changed. If they turn over, I won't need to hear them run. I'm not spending all day there starting engines then pulling them. I'm hoping they are out and ready to load. I'll just look at them and confirm what they are, rotate them, load them and go.

no, I'll see them tomorrow if nothings changed. If they turn over, I won't need to hear them run. I'm not spending all day there starting engines then pulling them. I'm hoping they are out and ready to load. I'll just look at them and confirm what they are, rotate them, load them and go.
motorhome engine cores? At best...

Let's just say all those years I'm having a stroker motor has been priceless....
I get that. And I'm not saying you paid too much, nor have I ever said that. That's what it cost to have a machine shop build you a stroker, then you put dual quads and all on it.

I get that. And I'm not saying you paid too much, nor have I ever said that. That's what it cost to have a machine shop build you a stroker, then you put dual quads and all on it.
I already had the Dual quads on the 318 before I had that motor. And that does include carburetors the Dual quads the eight quart oil pan the cam the rockers the Smith Brothers pushrods everything and that's why it's running absolutely perfect like the day I bought it to this day...

I have yet do not get a Mopar engine started lol... No matter how long it sat...
Again, a wild guess because who knows.. but I've owned probably 50 small block mopars alone, and never, ever...…. ever.... never.... blown one up. Never blew up the couple of big block mopars I've owned either....

Even the original seed truck had a broken rocker shaft on its 440 and still I got it runnin LOL just made a little ticking noise LOL...

Even the original seed truck had a broken rocker shaft on its 440 and still I got it runnin LOL just made a little ticking noise LOL...
You had the makings of a 10 second truck and didn't know it..... :D

I have zero dream of racling a truck....
I don't dream, but I'll race anything. STompers, matchboxes, garden tractors, mini bikes, pickups, etc etc. About the only thing I probably wouldn't race is a full time 4x4 like my wifes RC

I don't dream, but I'll race anything. STompers, matchboxes, garden tractors, mini bikes, pickups, etc etc. About the only thing I probably wouldn't race is a full time 4x4 like my wifes RC
Screenshot_20200417-222717.png

?????...

-
Back