Drag Truck Part 2 "blackmark redemption"

-
When is the last time the YR Dart seen the road?

Last fall. I’m hoping things settle down quick as I want to get on the dyno, swap out the K member and get back to driving. I’m putting thin head gaskets in to get to 11.25:1 Or maybe a bit more. I have to dig out my build sheet and make sure I have the P/V to do it.

Edit: I’m also fitting my new shifter in the car and trying to mount it with out carving up the floor. I’m close, but I don’t want to even notch the floor. When done, I think it’s going to be pretty cool. Just getting the shifter in the hole where it should be it looks pretty good.

Last edited:
Last fall. I’m hoping things settle down quick as I want to get on the dyno, swap out the K member and get back to driving. I’m putting thin head gaskets in to get to 11.25:1 Or maybe a bit more. I have to dig out my build sheet and make sure I have the P/V to do it.

Edit: I’m also fitting my new shifter in the car and trying to mount it with out carving up the floor. I’m close, but I don’t want to even notch the floor. When done, I think it’s going to be pretty cool. Just getting the shifter in the hole where it should be it looks pretty good.
Last fall? last time I thought you had your car out was three years ago when you got a goat's head in the back tire and got a flat..?? I thought I recall an R Block that was on a garage floor and Salem that you were supposed to build in February?...

Last fall? last time I thought you had your car out was three years ago when you got a goat's head in the back tire and got a flat..?? I thought I recall an R Block that was on a garage floor and Salem that you were supposed to build in February?...

I drove it a bit last fall. R block is on hold until I get this pig on the dyno and the K member changed out.

I drove it a bit last fall. R block is on hold until I get this pig on the dyno and the K member changed out.
Have you ran it in it's current condition, or do you have an idea what you think the car would run in the 1/4 ? Or is it a secret..

Have you ran it in it's current condition, or do you have an idea what you think the car would run in the 1/4 ? Or is it a secret..

Not yet. I could make a guess but it would probably be wrong. I’m also going to buy a data logger so it makes getting the clutch tune up much quicker and I want to log crankcase vacuum, oil pressure, MAP and throttle position.

Not yet. I could make a guess but it would probably be wrong. I’m also going to buy a data logger so it makes getting the clutch tune up much quicker and I want to log crankcase vacuum, oil pressure, MAP and throttle position.
What do you have in mind - the cars purpose I mean. Local cruises? Bracket racing? Grudge racing?

What do you have in mind - the cars purpose I mean. Local cruises? Bracket racing? Grudge racing?

Daily driver and some grudge racing. I’ll do some cruises too. Big one coming up this fall, as a memorial for a local guy who died last Saturday. Should be a big deal because he knew everyone and he’s been around a long time. Plus he was a really good guy.

Dog gone it YR. I just spent the last 10 minutes staring at your new avatar. Is that a UFO...........?

Daily driver and some grudge racing. I’ll do some cruises too. Big one coming up this fall, as a memorial for a local guy who died last Saturday. Should be a big deal because he knew everyone and he’s been around a long time. Plus he was a really good guy.
:thumbsup:

Grudge racing? When's that going to happen?...

318, what are your plans for the rest of the 440? Compression, cam, pistons? In other words what do you plan to put under your heads?

318, what are your plans for the rest of the 440? Compression, cam, pistons? In other words what do you plan to put under your heads?
Looking at cams around 240 @ 050 / .520-.550 lift. Compression is up in the air, but I'd like at least a true 9.5 with a cast head, 10.5 with aluminum heads.

I wouldn't buy anything from Jegs if I could get it from Summit..
I also wouldn't put lipstick on a turd..
Buying expensive aluminum heads for an old tired motor..
I was asking about heads, not Jegs vs Summit LOL. Our 440 will not be "old and tired". :rolleyes:

-
Back