Drag Truck Part 2 "blackmark redemption"

-
are these the ones that gather in the center, go down and back like the letter "L"? those are great! I think I remember installing the passenger side one from the top. #78030 or something like that?

are these the ones that gather in the center, go down and back like the letter "L"? those are great! I think I remember installing the passenger side one from the top. #78030 or something like that?
I don't remember the part number but all tubes go down and gather in the center. All spark plugs are right out in the open. Nice set of USA made headers :)

well, as it stands with 31" tires and 2.71's, and don't forget the tight truck converter... I don't know. But we'll line it up against my 16.7 (track proven) Ram, and see how bad it gets beat soon :)
Track proven... LOL...:rolleyes:...

Track proven... LOL...:rolleyes:...
??? I mean, it's been down the track. I didn't have somebody sit next to me with a stop watch... LOL. So I will race it against my Ram which is twice proven to run consistent 16.7's.... And we'll see how bad the drag truck gets beat. LOL.

Last edited:
??? I mean, it's been down the track. I didn't have somebody sit next to me with a stop watch... LOL. So I will race it against my Ram which is twice proven to run consistent 16.7's.... And we'll see how bad the drag truck gets beat. LOL.
16.7 track proven LOL... so I get this is your family project and it makes you happy because it's getting the youngers involved, which like you said they are no part of this forum or read it or know what's going on.. and I wouldn't be busting your seeds if you were some kid trying to puzzle together the only thing you had on a shoe string budget..
You have two Dusters a garage full of Parts new aluminum heads for big block and small blocks, headers coming out of your ears, carburetors O plenty and intake manifolds to spare new and used... At some point 16.7 just kind of boring when you have the capability and resources to do much much more...
What's going on with your a bodys you know the Forum here the a body forum...
I'd love to see your 13-3 duster do an 11-8..

16.7 track proven LOL... so I get this is your family project and it makes you happy because it's getting the youngers involved, which like you said they are no part of this forum or read it or know what's going on.. and I wouldn't be busting your seeds if you were some kid trying to puzzle together the only thing you had on a shoe string budget..
You have two Dusters a garage full of Parts new aluminum heads for big block and small blocks, headers coming out of your ears, carburetors O plenty and intake manifolds to spare new and used... At some point 16.7 just kind of boring when you have the capability and resources to do much much more...
What's going on with your a bodys you know the Forum here the a body forum...
I'd love to see your 13-3 duster do an 11-8..
We wanted a starting point, right? Wasn't it you that agreed with PHR that we were supposed to run it and see where we started and how far we bring the ET down??? And I said it would hold the project up waiting for the drag way to open, so we'll run it against my Ram for a starter. When it beats my Ram, the we'll go for my wife's Stang. Then on and on till we beat my sons Scat. We'll get a E.T slip or two along the way.
  • My Dusters are doing just fine. You don't want to see the truck go 10.9 ? :D

• My Dusters are doing just fine. You don't want to see the truck go 10.9 ? :D
Honestly the truck doesn't do it for me...
Of course I love the duster and would love to see the blue one walk the walk instead of just look the walk...

Honestly the truck doesn't do it for me...
Of course I love the duster and would love to see the blue one walk the walk instead of just look the walk...
It's really not about the truck, or a diplomat or Duster. It's about trying to go 10.9's on 5k. But that's cool, trucks aren't for everyone and a few filed out when they saw it. More elbow room in the cab :)

It's really not about the truck, or a diplomat or Duster. It's about trying to go 10.9's on 5k. But that's cool, trucks aren't for everyone and a few filed out when they saw it. More elbow room in the cab :)
I love my truck for getting firewood, for taking the snowmobiles up to the mountain and for pulling my car trailer..
So how tightly is this budget getting watched? I assume that nothing you've done so far goes against the budget? no gas no licensing no testing different parts to see if you get traction with them... give me the five grand budget kind of loses its luster when you buy all kinds of other Motors and parts and try other things with it instead of getting right to the heart of the goal. knowing it's going to have to get weight loss and knowing it's going to have to get much more horsepower and not heading straight into that direction.. course it's your money you doing what you want to do and again it's all about enjoying the time with your family... It really that should be more of the theme of this than trying to do some certain time on some low budget..

I love my truck for getting firewood, for taking the snowmobiles up to the mountain and for pulling my car trailer..
So how tightly is this budget getting watched? I assume that nothing you've done so far goes against the budget? no gas no licensing no testing different parts to see if you get traction with them... give me the five grand budget kind of loses its luster when you buy all kinds of other Motors and parts and try other things with it instead of getting right to the heart of the goal. knowing it's going to have to get weight loss and knowing it's going to have to get much more horsepower and not heading straight into that direction.. course it's your money you doing what you want to do and again it's all about enjoying the time with your family... It really that should be more of the theme of this than trying to do some certain time on some low budget..
Ok, we'll shove it in the weeds till next year when the budget motor is done... LOL
:lol:
AND... I plainly stated in the first post of the first thread "IT WILL NOT BE a A-BODY BECAUSE OF THE BUDGET"..... :rolleyes:

Ok, we'll shove it in the weeds till next year when the budget motor is done... LOL
:lol:
AND... I plainly stated in the first post of the first thread "IT WILL NOT BE a A-BODY BECAUSE OF THE BUDGET"..... :rolleyes:
Good plan! LOL I'll get on to those a bodys and make 1 fast for once..:poke:...:D...

Good plan! LOL I'll get on to those a bodys and make 1 fast for once..:poke:...:D...
My 360 Duster is getting changed, but I closed that thread. I'll not update the progression on that, sorry :)

I personally am enjoying the build as your doing it. Lots of good info going to come out of it.

I personally am enjoying the build as your doing it. Lots of good info going to come out of it.
thanks. We are still shooting for 10's on 5k, that's what this project is really about. No way to buy a Duster or anything like that when you have to buy a vehicle and go fast on 5k (without NOS, of course)

My 360 Duster is getting changed, but I closed that thread. I'll not update the progression on that, sorry :)
Get over it... No updates on the a body because one d-head got out-a-line six months ago... Please...
If you don't like that thread start a new one about the Duster. How many have you started about this truck?... no more updates on the a body on the a body Forum great.. I think people would be really excited to see this on the truck forum where they're looking for it... Isn't this the equivalent of going onto the truck forum and talk to them all about racing your abody?? I for one on this abody Race part of the Forum would love to see some of your speed secrets on your Duster...

thanks. We are still shooting for 10's on 5k, that's what this project is really about. No way to buy a Duster or anything like that when you have to buy a vehicle and go fast on 5k (without NOS, of course)
Also because you say the word "NOS', don't think it's as easy and cheap is saying the word.. set up correctly it would take a good chunk of your budget and just because you put it on there doesn't mean it's going to work right day one.... I know the idea isn't on the table because you're too far beyond that, but don't say the word like it's just toss it on there and go because it's not...

Get over it... No updates on the a body because one d-head got out-a-line six months ago... Please...
If you don't like that thread start a new one about the Duster. How many have you started about this truck?... no more updates on the a body on the a body Forum great.. I think people would be really excited to see this on the truck forum where they're looking for it... Isn't this the equivalent of going onto the truck forum and talk to them all about racing your abody?? I for one on this abody Race part of the Forum would love to see some of your speed secrets on your Duster...
  • I was dead serious when I said "forget it". I may post a ET slip along the way
  • for a guy that's had at least 4 threads about 4 different trucks, you sure worry about my truck on a A-body forum
  • A-body race part of the forum?? Read again, "Mopar Race Forum". Last I checked, my truck is a mopar. Again, it's about 10's on 5k ??, not the truck.
  • You interested in my Speed secrets? LOL... that's a joke :D

Last edited:
Also because you say the word "NOS', don't think it's as easy and cheap is saying the word.. set up correctly it would take a good chunk of your budget and just because you put it on there doesn't mean it's going to work right day one.... I know the idea isn't on the table because you're too far beyond that, but don't say the word like it's just toss it on there and go because it's not...
My opinion is set on NOS. Nobody will change my mind. A couple situations where I understand it's use. Nothing I do will fit those couple of applications.

• I was dead serious when I said "forget it". I may post a ET slip along the way
  • for a guy that's had at least 4 threads about 4 different trucks, you sure worry about my truck on a A-body forum
  • A-body race part of the forum?? Read again, "Mopar Race Forum". Last I checked, my truck is a mopar. Again, it's about 10's on 5k ??, not the truck.
  • You interested in my Speed secrets? I said my Duster would go 13's with 2.45's you claim I'm smok'n someth'n. I did it, but you had no inquiry. I said I'd go 13.5's with 2.76's, again you said "ET slip" for proof. I did it but you had no inquiry. I said 2.94's felt like 13.3's, and you repeated your part. I simply provided the 13.3 ET slip. I cut consistant 1.8's with a open rear end, stock converter, 2.94's, but you had no inquiry. All this with a stock 360. When I said I'd change 4 things and shoot for high 11's, you wanted the forum to tell me how much harder it is to go down to high 11's and that it would never happened. If i went 11.5's, you'd have no inquiry. LOL....
Pretty sure all my threads on my trucks were on the general discussion..
I'm not going to go back and do six hours worth of research to refute all of the words that you put into my mouth in that last bit...

My opinion is set on NOS. Nobody will change my mind. A couple situations where I understand it's use. Nothing I do will fit those couple of applications.
I think I clearly put in there that I "did not" want to try to change your opinion on it my point was you likely know nothing about it and I probably never used it... then you talk about it like it's changing your fuel filter... Which situation would you "understand" its use...

You like to talk a lot, show us what you have now? What does it run?
He has a 410 dual quad stroker, ported 2.02 heads, 11 to 1 compression, with 1.6 roller rockers, 4 speed, 3.54 dana 60. Runs 12's in street form mixing his gas with race fuel.

-
Back