Drag Truck WINS Race! *and weight update

-
I bet you get asked "is it safe ?"
:lol:
I guess it depends on who you ask lol now if you ask my wife she would say it is extremely unsafe LOL but you're talking to a person who sits in front of a five gallon can of Sunoco and has a seatbelt that does not lock and coils out and coils back without effort LOL..
I've given my customers rides before and their expression when I hit the gas was not one of comfort and safety LOL...

Found out today that the Drag Truck 318 is a roller cam motor with 302 heads. I found this out when I pulled the intake today to put on a Speedmaster "either or" intake. Of course, it's not the original motor.

but,but,it's a 318!
will it end up in an A-body?
I have no idea where this 318 will end up.... LOL Probably somebody will come by or call asking if I have one. The last LA 318 I had ended up in a '68 Fury - some guy needing a motor. :)

318 gets to breathe....

DSCN2893.JPG

gotcha...but does vacuum leak past the threaded bolts in the LA location? I have same intake sitting in the bedroom and I "thought" that which ever bolt pattern was not used,to plug the holes. Must not be the case...or I remember indifferently.

gotcha...but does vacuum leak past the threaded bolts in the LA location? I have same intake sitting in the bedroom and I "thought" that which ever bolt pattern was not used,to plug the holes. Must not be the case...or I remember indifferently.
Well, I just took for granite that wouldn't be the case. I can say this, it idles and part throttles like a dream, and that would be where you'd get the most vacuum.... old carb too..

What vacuum?
The only vacuum you could have at the manifold bolts is from the pistons going up and down. Or the intake gasket leaking.

thought of that later...oil seepage? or do they give them to you to "pretty" it up?
You can watch the install if you want, but if you go to the end, you can see it running. Also, lost another 23 lbs with this swap :)

thought of that later...oil seepage? or do they give them to you to "pretty" it up?
They're pretty much for looks. I just wanted to share that this Speedmaster intake fit great on the LA, and the truck 2bbl linkage worked with minimal modifications. I'll soon be bolting one on the 5.9 magnum and I expect a good fit as well. I'm glad I bought these intakes, and I wouldn't mind a couple more laying around for the black Friday price :)
*Also, with the aluminum intake I'd guess the truck would be about 3500-3520 lbs

Last edited:
They're pretty much for looks. I just wanted to share that this Speedmaster intake fit great on the LA, and the truck 2bbl linkage worked with minimal modifications. I'll soon be bolting one on the 5.9 magnum and I expect a good fit as well. I'm glad I bought these intakes, and I wouldn't mind a couple more laying around for the black Friday price :)
*Also, with the aluminum intake I'd guess the truck would be about 3500-3520 lbs

On Matt's we used that same bracket. We put it in a vice and bent the bolt hole tabs to 90 degrees. It fit fine. I did put a couple of spacers under it to raise it up about a 1/4 inch. He has the same intake as you.
We didn't have to mess with the kickdown since he has a manual vb.

So, standing start to about 900ft?

Stock 318 2bbl intake/carb to SM intake and Holley 650DP?

I'm surprised you don't have transgo 2 shift kits in your cars and a transgo 3 in your truck...
You could do a YouTube video LOL...

I'm surprised you don't have transgo 2 shift kits in your cars and a transgo 3 in your truck...
You could do a YouTube video LOL...
I enjoy my YouTube channel..... and the videos will keep a roll'n
:thumbsup:

I think you missed the meat and potatoes of what I was saying. But I'm sure you enjoy watching videos of yourself working on your car LOL...:rolleyes:...
I got what you were say'n.... :rolleyes: But youtube went from being a chore to upload for threads here on FABO (my stupidity on electronics) to actually having a blast on making videos (I growed my learning :D). Subscribers are filing in, you've subscribed and hit the bell, haven't you ?? :poke:
:lol:

-
Back