Drag Week

-
I like how it's going to be hidden behind the license plate! I'm going to be running the new MT ET Street SS drag radials which are supposed to be better in rain than the old ones so I'm not going to be pulling a trailer. This is my first Drag week so I may regret that decision, well see

Do you have to change tires for the track?

No these are the drag radials I run on the street and track. I'll just have to change tire pressure. That's the reason I opted not to pull a trailer since I'll not have to haul extra wheels and tires.

Okay, I thought under the rules you had to change for the track

Thanks Walker!

67 - the rule is on the track you have to run either drag radials or drag slicks. They don't true street tires tearing it up. Up to you if you want to run the drag radials on the street.

Lots of people do that with no problem. I'm just chicken .... lol.

Well I guess I might just leave the drag radials on the whole time

This week was spent driving the paint store people nuts trying to match the old paint... and finishing the welding in the engine bay

IMG_0939.JPG

IMG_0940.JPG

going to pull it back out and change the biscuit mounts .... headers touching steering box

No kidding. Late April is now turned into early July. Lol. Maybe late July.

It all works out .. just keep grinding.

Ah ya. Cherry bombs are shorter if I remember right. That's awesome !

Should sound like back in the day with a solid lifter 300 duration cam, 750 carb and those mufflers

Whats up with your hood? I want something like that on my 72 scamp. Is it just an original hood with the scoop put on? Or is it fiberglass built one?

-
Back