Drag Week

-
Are any of you guys planning to pull a trailer? I don't have one so I guess I'll be attempting to get all my tools in the back seat and trunk.

We're using drag radials too .. but really don't want to get stuck in rain with them (knocking wood .. lol) so bringing some street tires ... though we're not dragging a full pit with us (like some of those running hard on the edge of their motors/trans/etc) I would still like carry couple 5g of fuel as well (last year some routes were country forever ... lol .... our buddy had to use his carry fuel couple times .. with 14 gallon fuel cell) .. no room inside for this and certainly not fuel ..

But then there are plenty who have no trailer and were fine as well.

Just small open trailer is fine I think. It was what we saw the majority use. If I can't find something local used then I was thinking of Lowes

Shop Carry-On Trailer 3.5-ft x 5-ft Wire Mesh Utility Trailer at Lowes.com

For those of you that have been to drag week: will they give me any fits for wearing an open face Bell motorcycle helmet? Or do I need to spend the money on a SA2015 helmet from summit? My local tracks are fine with what I have just never raced at some of the larger tracks

Also, at 11.99 I don't need a fire jacket do I?

For those of you that have been to drag week: will they give me any fits for wearing an open face Bell motorcycle helmet? Or do I need to spend the money on a SA2015 helmet from summit? My local tracks are fine with what I have just never raced at some of the larger tracks

Also, at 11.99 I don't need a fire jacket do I?

They are strict with NHRA rules.

Jacket depends on motor configuration and ET:

A NHRA approved jacket meeting SFI Spec 3.2/1 is mandatory when running: 13.99 to 10.00 , in a non-factory stock supercharger, non-OEM turbocharger, or nitrous equipped with an OEM or .024 -inch steel firewall vehicle; or 11.49 to 10.00 in a naturally aspirated, OEM supercharged, or OEM turbocharged with full OEM or .024-inch steel firewall vehicle.

13.99 to 10.00 you need helmet (can be open faced) but needs SNELL M2010, M2015, SA2010, SA2015, SFI 31.1/2010 or SFI 31.1/2015 ... with or without shield.

They searched for all tags for belt (don't forget those ... no more 2 years old), required suits or jackets and helmets.

Cars/trucks running 11.49 and quicker and/or in convertibles running 13.49 and quicker must have seat belts SFI 16.1 and a minimum 5 point roll bar. Below 10 sec or > 135 mph you need certified roll cage.

Don't scrimp on safety. Don't forget - it's just not you running ... there could be a 175 mph / 8 second car blowing by you in the traps like you are standing still ....

T&T with other 11 sec cars is one thing ... lining up with 1500+ hp rocket ships is another. Regardless, safety stuff is best $$ spent.

Okay thanks. Guess I'll be buying a Sa2015 from summit. Luckily only a couple more things to do on the car and it's ready.

Finally out of the snow.....next stop the shop!

IMG_0841.JPG

Well it made it into the shop....I forgot how rough this thing is...

IMG_0866.JPG

Cool. You have plenty of time as long as you stay at it!

Looks like we have the same dated rims ... lol. I love em though ... everyone was like .. get new ones .... no way!

I went looking for those rims...put an add on kijiji with the size and back space I was looking for and a guy about 15 minutes from my house called me the same day that he had them.

I went looking for those rims...put an add on kijiji with the size and back space I was looking for and a guy about 15 minutes from my house called me the same day that he had them.
Nice! That's a good omen!!!!

If any of you guys coming a long distance, we are getting there Saturday. Wanna be rested as can be ... 18 hour drive for us to first track. Hotel is in Clinton, IO.

Not a skating rink...but it is still freezing here at night

Not a skating rink...but it is still freezing here at night

Ah. I played hockey through university. And my wife is from Canada. I've seen some badass backyard rinks up there!

Good luck on car!

Well I have the car pulled all apart... going to put 1/4 panels on it next....

Know what you mean. A simple "brake job" of pads and rotors turned into replacing every line and fitting. And now we need to do more tunnel trans work. Lol.

This is what it's all about!! So they say. Lol

Never enter a car that you have not looked at closely in 15 years in a one week drag event without looking said car over first.... it will be a lot worse than you remember when you get it into the shop......,aaaaahhhhhhh!

IMG_0890.JPG

-
Back