Drag Week

-
12:40's at 110mph off the trailer, no strange strange vibrations or noises.... did 6 passes packed it up and headed home and had a house full of people over for the Mayweather/McGregor ... not a bad day

Nice! I got a little drag week practice this weekend. Did an event put on by Ratty Muscle Cars in Alabama. About 65 old muscle cars met up and drove 65 miles to the drag strip. It was a great time and I got 2nd place overall in the racing. Car made its best pass ever with a 7.64 in the 1/8th. Also had the best 60 ft time ever with a 1.56 and front wheels up. Got beat in the championship run by a 68 firebird with a 455 that ran a 7.50. Fun night and no troubles from the Dart.

My car would fit right in with that ratty crowd.... as far as track performance I think it would need a converter and more gear to get it into the 11s... the car was going through the traps at 6000rpm with 4:10 gears ... about 1000rpm below peak HP.
I might take it to the chassis Dyno this week and see what it puts to the wheels and see if we can get a bit more out of it in the current set up... would like to see a high 11 slip

My goal is to have one 11 second pass during drag week. Will depend on the air though. I'm righ on the boarder between 12.00s and 11.99. Think it will take some cool air for me to see 11s and not sure we'll get it.

My goal is to have one 11 second pass during drag week. Will depend on the air though. I'm righ on the boarder between 12.00s and 11.99. Think it will take some cool air for me to see 11s and not sure we'll get it.
I'm Going to bring a 4:56 centre section in the trailer and if I make it to the last day I will swap them in and try for the 11 second time slip... my real problem is the converter which only stalls at 3000... need a good 4500 for a stock stroke 340

8+ days of chasing electrical gremlins. Lose this sensor, lose that one, run, no run, etc etc etc

Long to short. Not grounding, or wiring ... maybe harness or some field creating. But switched to FAST XFI system - like a new car .... incredible.

So Dyno tomorrow and to the street. Woot. Drag week saga. Lol.

8+ days of chasing electrical gremlins. Lose this sensor, lose that one, run, no run, etc etc etc

Long to short. Not grounding, or wiring ... maybe harness or some field creating. But switched to FAST XFI system - like a new car .... incredible.

So Dyno tomorrow and to the street. Woot. Drag week saga. Lol.[/QUOTE

Awesome! I'm off the chassis Dyno about 5 minutes ago...

IMG_1148.JPG

So Dyno tomorrow and to the street. Woot. Drag week saga. Lol.

Good luck on the dyno....mine picked up 20hp with timing changes, post your numbers when you get them.

67auto, our cars are going to be very similar in ET sounds like. Are you doing street machine eliminator?

I'm not even sure what class I entered... but I think you can switch

I think it is small block N/A ...which we will get killed in... is eliminator a bracket class?

Yeah street machine eliminator is the class where the top 32 enter a bracket race on the last day. I think slowest car in the top 32 last year was 11.19 so we are screwed either way lol.

If my car finishes it will be the biggest victory in the history of drag week!

Good luck on the dyno....mine picked up 20hp with timing changes, post your numbers when you get them.

Made a quick video

Flywheel numbers: 619 HP at 6500 rpm, and 563 ft-lbs torque at 5200 and change (if I remember that rpm right) on 93 pump gas.

Just looking to finish and have fun. 2nd gear needs a looking at but shouldn't be prob. Time start figuring out how to pack the trailer. Lol.

What did you use for a correction factor from wheel hp to flywheel?

IMG_1153.JPG

.72 What they've found over the years with motors going from engine to car dyno

My engine Dyno to chassis Dyno number was within .1 hp using the conversion that the chassis guy used for a correction...engine made 450 flywheel and in the car 325 to the wheels

My engine Dyno to chassis Dyno number was within .1 hp using the conversion that the chassis guy used for a correction...engine made 450 flywheel and in the car 325 to the wheels

Thats exactly .72 as well. Nice numbers !

-
Back