Drum Brakes Sticking

-
Update: Welp finally bought new lines front and back and now the brakes no longer stick and are properly distributing fluid! So happy and it's getting on the path to being my daily driver again!

New worry/issue: When i start on a striaght away or make a deep left or right turn, the right rear of the car sounds like a grinding noise when pressure/weight is being put on it. On straight aways it makes this noise a bit more silently, but it stops making the noise once i get a steady speed. Any ideas if this is a big issue happening yes?

the right rear of the car sounds like a grinding noise when pressure/weight is being put on it.

Did you forget to tighten the lug nuts? That happened to me. Finally got so stumped I took it to a mechanic. Boy was that embarrassing.

While you have it up, rotate the wheel and axle to see if a rear axle bearing is going out. It should be smooth; any bumping or roughness is a good sign that the rear bearing is going. (You might have to remove the rear drum to get the axle to rotate freely and check the bearing.)

While you have it up, rotate the wheel and axle to see if a rear axle bearing is going out. It should be smooth; any bumping or roughness is a good sign that the rear bearing is going. (You might have to remove the rear drum to get the axle to rotate freely and check the bearing.)

And check the verticle axle displacement. Zero is the target, but I imagine up to .007 might be ok. This could also be the source of dragging and smoking, as the body would fall down forcing the drum into the shoes.

-
Back