Duplicolor Rattlecan Restoration

-

340_dart_power

Reaction score
I have the interior removed right now because of having subframe connectors welded in, so I thought I'd try to clean up some of the components while they were removed.
The console was pretty rough, as you can see, but I used a can of Duplicolor Vinyl Paint to cover it and dress it up a bit.
Didn't turn out half bad, IMHO.
Also took the passenger front bucket seat (the driver seat is in the car at the shop) and cleaned up the underside brackets as well; first a coat of POR15 and then Duplicolor glossy black spray paint.
I don't have the technical expertise to do a whole lot with the Dart, but painting I can do.
Offered for what's it's worth to anyone in a similar situation.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

Wow,that looks great That's what I want to do with my seat bases as well.Do you think the por-15 was necessary for the seat base,being inside the vehicle and all.I got some but thought maybe a good primer would be enough.Looks like she approves and thats big,really big.8)

Looks great. The whole interior of my Barracuda was done with rattle cans. Many light coats with wetsanding between coats. So far, nobody has been able to tell it was rattle can, and most don't believe it when I tell them.

Looks nice - I hope it holds up well. I've achieved very good results in the past using VHT vinyl dye, cant say enough good things about it.

Wow,that looks great That's what I want to do with my seat bases as well.Do you think the por-15 was necessary for the seat base,being inside the vehicle and all.I got some but thought maybe a good primer would be enough.Looks like she approves and thats big,really big.8)

You're right, the POR15 use was probably overkill, but I wanted to make sure I never had to deal with it (rust on those areas) again. Probably could have gotten away with primer & a topcoat.
BTW, I had a leftover partial can of the POR15 in my garage refrigerator I used for the seat brackets and was impressed with how much easier it was to apply when cold.

Don't worry....All my plastic/ vinyl interior parts got the dupli color resto treatment aswell.....everything looks like brand new and no one would know that i did not buy it all brand new.

Looks good what you got going on, keep up the good work

Can't believe no one else has noticed. You're pretty hot AND do nice work. LMAO
I noticed. I used Duplicolor interior spray on my interior and seemed to work really good. I liked the results. Your center console turned out really nice.

I like Duplicolor paint, it holds good, i don't think the Por-15 was overkill, that stuff is amazing & works wonders, the paint is in-distructable.

-
Back