DUSTER 318 VS CUDA 340 clone

-

ValerianMagnum

the little car that could
Reaction score
hi guys ! i wanted your advice for a trade that i want to do .. i want to trade my 74 cuda who as now a 73 340/727 for a 75 duster 318/727 ..

the cuda is a project car but complete , when i bought it it was already parted out .. the diff 8 3/4 3.23 is still there and as the complete interior
the car camed original with a 318 and was b5 blue with a special edition blue interior ...

i want to trade for the duster , cause its for my girlfriend , the duster runs good as nothing to do , its sublime green automatic 3 speed : 318 4 bbl , double exhaust , new interior , 8 1/4 with 2.76 gears ... spoiler and dual snoorkel hood scoop ... the car camed frome the factory with a slant 6 .. and was dark green , and as now a high basecoat quality paint job .

what do you guys think about this trade ...

please give me your advice

happy new year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_S--1.jpg

tytjj.jpg

tytjj.jpg

O-KK.jpg

JJJ.jpg

932085040389-2.jpg

932085040389-2.jpg

Cudz2089-1.jpg

Cudz2083.jpg

Cudz2066.jpg

ScampRats098.jpg

Cudz2069.jpg

ScampRats104.jpg

in the end the cuda (even though a lower case e) will always be worth more then a 75 duster. i assume you want to get away from a "project" and get something that you can drive and have fun with now. the duster is really nothing special. hard to see how good or bad the paint may be in those pics. why not sell the cuda and then go find a duster? what does she want to do? tell ya the truth that duster looks like a $5,000 car max.

the cuda wil be worth more in the long run,,,but being its not a numbers matching car,,wont be worth as mush as a numbers matching car,,,if you have the cash to redo the cuda,,,one of the most expensive cars to restore,,,go for it,,but personally ide go for the duster,,,i think it looks great,,as long as its as nice under the paint and it appears,,,

personally im sick of seeing E bodys

Remember this guy is in Canada, where you pay twice the price for twice the rust as compared to you southern guy's. Yes e-bodies are worth more than a-bodies all day long. If the duster is not messed up in any way,turn key and it will put a big smile on her face every time she drives it,I would go for it. What is her opinion? that was mine. Good luck. Greg

sure as i see ... some people are for the trade ans others not .. but the problem is , that we dont have 25- 30 k to restore the cuda shes 20 and im 24 and we already live together and our budget is not amazing !!, the cuda needs a complete restoration, it sure looks odd to trade a cuda for a duster , but the car that she likes are , camaros , cudas , trans am ( bandit style ) and duster/demons .. i mean if she paid 2 years ago 10 k for the cuda .. and it rusted a lil bit the car lost of is value .. maybe its worth 7 ou 8 k now .. i dont know but personnally i see that the duster is an upportunity for her , fixing or restoring a mopar is incredebly expensive ... the car is a turn key car , the guys sanblasted from a to z , everything was redone and as a 67 318 in it with a respectable 230+ hp , 4 bbl double exhaust bla bla bla ..

me too im like a cuda for a duster ,,, nahh , but spend 30 000 , or selling it for less than 10k , or having a verry clean and good looking mopar tomorow .....

restoring a car like that is more than 15 000 $ of labor .. sanblast it , spending like 1 000 + hours to rebuilt it , new interior , base coat paint job , 4 clear coat laquer , 3 inch double exhaust , new wheels + tires , new head liner , dash pad , carpet ... its not a 5 k job : for sure this car will never be able to reach more than 15 or 20 of value but still its restored , as nothing to do maybe few minors things .. me as i see it i dont think its a big mistake to trade the cuda , being covered with snow after more than 3 winters ... add no room for storage , and seing it rusting outside like that and loosing her money gives me headaches .. seing her with a beautiful sublime mopar and smiling : thats priceless .

tell me what you think !

I re-thought my comment. I'd go for the Duster. There is nothing to do to it and it looks damn good.

You just sumed it all up.Do what makes you and her happy,its just money.TRADE.I used to do up my cars up close as to what they were befor so they would sell easyer,now screw them its what I like now.

I understand about the $$$ needed to resto the cuda, my 69 is gonna be big $$, but that doesnt mean to trade for any car out there thats complete and ready to go. No offense to duster owners out there, I love them. But the duster was a /6 car? Those are common, your cuda isnt. Way more desirable. If you're car is worth 8-10k and you want to trade, than get a orig 8 cyl car, and hopefully a #'s matching one. There has to be a dart, duster any mopar out there drivable and #'s matching to be had as a straight up trade. Im from canada too and the prices here are still high, if you can take a look south and see what $10k will get ya. The cuda, is a factory 8 cyl. The duster factory /6. Aim higher! My .02 worth
Steve

I dont think the Cuda is worth anywhere close to $10K(us) anymore. 3 years ago, yes. Todays market..no. That being said... There is no way a Duster, /6 car, and late model in terms of muscle car years, is worth anywhere near $10K(us). I'm using us funds because I'm not sure of the exchange rate right now. But every car out there, that is not perfectly documented and restored, dropped significantly in value in the last 2 years. If I were loking at the Duster as a driver/immediate fun car, I would be spending any more than $3500 on it. It looks decent. But not perfect. Not a desirable year. And no desireable power plant or anything. It's a nice solid 318 Duster. Nothing more. If I was looking at the Barracuda I'd expect to be spending more like $6K or I'd walk away. Still not a comparable trade.

Screw numbers matching, if you like the Duster more than do it, it is very nice. I'm just saying "don't do it" because I personally always wanted a cuda and they are getting harder and harder to find nowadays and they are practically the only mopar a brand-Xer would own, if that tells you anything on the desire for them.

with this ebay link : @ its verry rare these days.. to see a duster at this condition at a real cheap price like that ... the guys must be in big problem to sell it at this price , too bad i dont have the money to buy it ... its verry , but verry nice ..

still , since like you guys said the cuda already lost some value since these past years .. so like ia was saying , its a final countdown decision , since im in charge of this thing for her ( cause she doesnt know the value of these cars .. ) i dont want to sell the cuda for 6 grand ... or even less , yes its true in canada any mopar less than 74 or few 74-76 a -bodies are verry popular , in the us a duster is verry common , but here in quebec , jesus , i will never find a person who will pay more than 5 or 6 k for the cuda , i prefer this last chance trade if i cant say than loosing another year looking at it getting rusted out ..

I am here in Toronto and check the listing many times a day. 74/75 Dusters with that combo sell here for 7 to 9 grand from what I have seen.
A dealer near me has a 1973 PLYMOUTH DUSTER 97644 km, Nice, 340 gas, 4 spd, std, red on black vinyl, he is asking $12,000...and that is a dealer.
Keep your cuda, just my .02
AL

Do what you and her want to, I like dusters rather have a duster than a cuda, But the cudas worth more than the duster like it sits Seen a rusted out cuda on ebay no motor trans or int. org.318 car to boot but now price 12000 don't mean it'll sell either,

I say with your GF being 20yrs. old and wanting to drive tomorrow,I,d do the trade.Let somebody else do the restore on the Cuda.I think if it will make her happy to be driving it and if she really likes it?DO IT!The Cuda is just dead money sitting there,she,ll be ahead having a car she,ll enjoy.Your a lucky guy to have a lady with interest in older cars!My 2 cents.

P.S Here,s my 73 Dart Sport 340 H-code car.I,ve got close to 10K in the drivetrain alone,I,ve turned down many offers over 12K.Can,t find the rust-free cars here in Ontario,let alone a rusty one.LOL

May 2007 137.jpg

-
Back