Duster 340 not a muscle car...

-

Austinsguns

Reaction score
A friend of mine ticked me off when he said "your Duster 340 is not actually a muscle car"

I think it more than qualifies...

Anyone else have any opinions on this?

It's a term. I don't know what it really means. Especially when the GTO guys claim to have the first "muscle car". I guess they were around when the term was first coined. Must mean the 62 Max Wedge Dart wasn't a muscle car either.

most people would consider a muscle car to be a zero option car with a big motor

now, by that definition if your car has bucket seats, AC and power steering and brakes I can see how it is not a musclecar

on the other hands, there are also people out there who think a muscle car must have a bowtie on its hood

American made v8 rear wheel drive car is what I think a muscle car is, and a 340 duster is all of those lol sounds like he's trying to get on your nerves.

1. Was this a joke?
2. Was this person sober?
3. Does this person know anything about cars?
4. Did you slap him?

Show him the Rapid Transit System Brochure.

now, by that definition if your car has bucket seats, AC and power steering and brakes I can see how it is not a musclecar

All factory original: bench seat, no power steering, no AC, no power brakes, 3:91 suregrip. :burnout:

I would say any american made car from 1962-1974 that was V8 single 4BBL or more that had a good power to weight ratio could be a muscle car. If the guy is a Chevy guy he has been brain washed into thinking only a Camaro, Nova, Chevelle are muscle cars and everything else is just a car. He needs a good running 340 to kick his *** that would let him see the error in his thinking. But once a fool always a fool

He claims the motor is not big enough... bla bla... yes he's a chevy guy.

so he probably woult say my dart with it's little old slant is really a POS.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,198
There were a lot of Chevy/GM guys that found out the hard way what that so-called muscle car was as they chased those Duster tail lights. Consider the source I say.

Lol, and factory fit to factory fit the 340 would smoke it. Hell, I think my 318 would give a stock 350 a run for the money, if not beat it.

lol, back in 77 my stock 69 Barracuda 318/2v with headers would regularly embarrass Chevy 350/4v cars..
For me, any domestic V8 rear drive car with some power and good power/weight ratio falls under the designation.
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy...

Lol, and factory fit to factory fit the 340 would smoke it. Hell, I think my 318 would give a stock 350 a run for the money, if not beat it.

350's are dead in stock form. I beat two 350 4bbls dual exhaust in Camaro's with two different 318 2bbls. I beat a 350 2bbl impala with a '66 Buick skylark V6... lol. Completely killed a Corvette 350 4bbl with a 318 4bbl, cam in my old Demon. Beat another mid 70's vette with a 350 in a 4 cyl. 2.2 turbo K car. ahh, never mind.....

-
Back