-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeeper

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am contemplating getting back into A bodies. Looking to do a street / strip car on a reasonable budget. Happy to buy an unfinished project. Preferably one that already is BBP and V8. Even a retired race car would be looked at.

Budget is around 3k, can ad more if I must, but I would rather not.

I'd really like to stay in the Bend/Eugene/Medford area but can branch out a bit.

1971 Plymouth Gold Duster

Here's a gold duster, no price listed but he says it's straight. Good luck!

I saw that one. I live about 8 hours south of there. That and the last Seattle Duster I bought didn't work to well for me so to speak. There are a fair amount of them out there between CL, and various FB groups. But I haven't seen what I am looking for. A fair amount of overpriced /6 cars from the wrong years etc.

Okay, just in case you hadn't seen that. I used to live in Creswell and I've actually seen several Duster parts posted out of there, pretty small town. The words "testing the waters" are what would worry me in the post I sent you (overpriced possibly). Good luck. I've got a brother in law who's into restoring classics in Lapine, I'll ask him if there's any around him.

Okay, just in case you hadn't seen that. I used to live in Creswell and I've actually seen several Duster parts posted out of there, pretty small town. The words "testing the waters" are what would worry me in the post I sent you (overpriced possibly). Good luck. I've got a brother in law who's into restoring classics in Lapine, I'll ask him if there's any around him.

What's amazing is I have been out of Mopars for 6-7 years and moved onto other rigs. I sold off my older cars that were builders cheaply, most around 500-700 bucks. Rust free or close, all had titles etc. Kind of a struggle to sell some, and they were all two door cars titled in my name. One or two were quite nice. All sold but took some time.

Fast forward 6-7 years, every 500 dollar car is 2000 with twice the rust. I am not destitute I have other hobbies etc.

There are still cars out there, just priced higher than I want to pay frankly. I am not cheap, but rotten cars for 2500 that are missing half the parts are just not what I am after. There are 3-4 A bodies in Central Oregon. One has four flat tires, missing parts and is partially disassembled and the price is 4k. It has potential and could be fixed.

This is looking a little "rantish" I am sorry. I live an hour from LaPine so if he knows of something that would be great. If not, no worries.

Lot of mopar parts

I don't think this is as close as you need, 70 Duster. I still haven't talked to my brother in law, if there's a good car over there he'll know about it.

1972 Plymouth Duster (gold package)

Here's one I'm sure you've seen but just in case. Price sounds negotiable but it is 6.

I'm pretty on my CL game. I've actually seen a few in person etc. I may end up building something else entirely. I have a 98% rust-free 68 Cougar that has a strong engine in it and a stronger one on the stand etc. I should just finish that one off, its a driver.

I still would like a Duster though.

I've always liked that year of Cougar, 351?

68. Really is a nice car from a steel perspective. All the cool lights work etc. Fairly fast. We'll see.....I am looking at a few options.

I don't know if Duster people are getting what they are asking or if they are just fishing with 4k prices for 225 cars.

I am not the guy who wants a 6K car for 2K. There was a 70 318 Duster with an 8.75 rear that was pretty clean and for sale for a long time at 5K-ish in the winter.

I'm sorta resigned to build something else at this point but still looking.

Still looking. Finding some interesting cars but not what I am after. Lots of shells for 3k etc. I have a 95% complete 71, but it is rotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back