Duster Rear Window Louvers

-
I see some are thinking these louvers would possibly in "flat black". I guess i was thinking a semi flat black (more like the rear spoilers). What was the plan as far as a black. I don't think personally I would want a set in gloss black, but that's just me.

I mailed it a little while back. Has it made it in yet, man?

I have lost all faith in our postal system. :(

What would be even better is to have a set of side window loungers with it to match. Take the quarter panel pop out window and cover it. Has anybody seen that design? I'd be interested in a set....

That's what we're currently working on. If my template will ever make it through the mail ;(

What would be even better is to have a set of side window loungers with it to match. Take the quarter panel pop out window and cover it. Has anybody seen that design? I'd be interested in a set....

if you read the entire thread you would see what is going on bro

Hey. I have not seen any mail... I loose this thread easily.

Bad news is my work just picked up about $500k of work today so I am going to be real busy. Have faith, I have not given up.

yep- heck, we've even made it to the cardboard and photoshop stage:D

i have a pair of F body side window louvers on their way to me. i should have them by wednesday..................:prayer:

you probably know where im going with this ................

Attachments

• at.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 289
  • mwl.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 255
you probably know where im going with this ................
yep- a little more photoshop and they'll fit perfect:D
29yjw9l.jpg

but seriously folks, I hope you can make them work.

yep- a little more photoshop and they'll fit perfect ,but seriously folks, I hope you can make them work.

wow man, thats cool. i am going to disect them, make a new perimeter, add to the slats , then re-attach them to the new perimeter, it is going to be a job, but i am going to make it work. :D

wow man, thats cool. i am going to disect them, make a new perimeter, add to the slats , then re-attach them to the new perimeter, it is going to be a job, but i am going to make it work. :D

You know, once you have that prototype finished it could be used to cast a mold to reproduce new sets from ABS

What's the status on these, guys?

I've been out of the loop for ages.

I did find a set of vintage louvers from JCWhitney that my dad had bought for his car in the 80's. And also made a similar set from plastic, but lost both sets (long story)

Short version of that story was, I gave them to my dad since they were originally his anyway. My folks split up and my mother destroyed the originals (and my handmade louvers too) out of spite :wack:

I lost interest in the project after that, and then my dad offered me the house I grew up in, so I completely forgot about everything for a while :D Now I'm interested again, since I'm driving my dad's '73 340 Duster (while I work at putting my '74 Duster back together)

What's the status on these, guys?

I've been out of the loop for ages.

I did find a set of vintage louvers from JCWhitney that my dad had bought for his car in the 80's. And also made a similar set from plastic, but lost both sets (long story)

Short version of that story was, I gave them to my dad since they were originally his anyway. My folks split up and my mother destroyed the originals (and my handmade louvers too) out of spite :wack:

I lost interest in the project after that, and then my dad offered me the house I grew up in, so I completely forgot about everything for a while :D Now I'm interested again, since I'm driving my dad's '73 340 Duster (while I work at putting my '74 Duster back together)

That sucks. Currently our project is side window louvers headed by dartsport. Would you be interested in sharing how you made your reatr window ones? Do you by chance have the measurements for them?

That sucks. Currently our project is side window louvers headed by dartsport. Would you be interested in sharing how you made your reatr window ones? Do you by chance have the measurements for them?

Mine were side window louvers too. I didn't have any dimensions, just laid a sheet of plastic over a spare window, shaped it with a heat gun and then used that as the frame.

Cut it out and shaped each slat with the heat gun, plastic welded them on and sanded it down. Didn't have any money in the materials, since it was stuff I had laying around the shop anyway.

On mine, the slats continued to the end of the window (With a tab underneath to bolt on to the window/hinge)

I might try making another set again.

-
Back